Flat Earth?

This topic contains 2,247 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  t8 1 day, 6 hours ago.

• Author
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,239

Hi dig4,

In relation to what?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,239

Typo alert.

Not Moses but Noah.

Sorted!

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 335

Nick, in relation to our observed time line. You know, one year, two, ten, twenty, fourty, etc.

So is it a few thousand or billions?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,239

Hi Dig4,

Are we talking about Babylon, towers, vaults, vacuums or gravity?

or am only I confused?

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 335

Nick, your comment:

“The Genesis accounts are difficult time wise. Folks lived several centuries and had children late in life

Noah lived 950 years and perhaps many others lived similar ages? So when it says in Gen 1o ”The sons of Javan were Elishah and Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim.From these the coastlines of the nations were separated into their lands, every one according to their language, according to their families, into their nations. You might think it contradicts Gen 11. But generations often would have overlapped.”

Not sure why you are asking me what we are talking about. You brought up the “time line” of Genesis. I simply asked if it was a discrepancy of thousands or billions of years. Still waiting for the answer.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,239

Hi Dig4,

Thank you for clarifying the question.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Some had children early but others later.

Perhaps some saw their great, great, great …..grandchildren.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,239

Hi dig4,

Fascinating stuff.

God pronounced that He would not strive with man anymore in Gen6 and that his days would be 120 years.

But ,as well as Noah and his sons outliving that time,  Shelah, Eber, Serug, Peleg and Reu lived far longer perhaps showing the blessing of God.

Who has the answers?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,239

Hi,

Perhaps the 120 years did not relate to lifespan but was the time before God would bring the flood?

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 335

In the following 1 minute video you might be able to see a problem with a vacuum enviornment.

Ok, this is the ISS, and this is the ISS in a vacuum, any questions?

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,292

Mike….I am not toiling with my math concerning the pathagram theram, it is exactly right and does prove the earth is round, no matter if it is used from a tangent line outside the cricle or used from a radius line, they both prove the earth is round. That math is even 8th graders understand that. Because you seem to not be able to understand that simply equation does not mean others don’t.

A level laser beam shot over ten miles also prove the earth curves, just like a ship going “straight” out from shore also provers it. The photos made from outer space by the thousands if not millions also proves it.

Mike you simply have brought into idoits, who deny any real proofs, and the ones the can’t deny they, call “conspiracies” . You have not even, in the least proven there was or is a so-called “conspiracy theory” that existed then or now? Nor have you proven the earth is flat either.

Your idea of proof, is to deny real proofs, and except conspiracy theory lies. A complete waste of time IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,239

Hi dig4

Are you still laying your foundation of doubt, suspicion and conspiracy theories

so as you can build your bizarre flat earth doctrine on it?

We have moved on.

Admin 
    Keymaster
    • Topics started 90
    • Total replies 1,270

@nickhassan

An invition to join the conversation at the Flat Earth society might have been better.

A more appropriate venue for such an odd subject.

Not so Nick. We test all things here regarding scripture. It is good to test the theory with scripture and science or at least our own observations. If this theory is incorrect, then we have a chance to debunk it.

Hi Mike,

I rarely read much of what you post now.

I have no interest in your personal obsession.

If that statement were true, you would not choose to discuss this topic with Mike. Yet I see more posts from you afterward. But if you are correct, then one can only assume you are here to antagonise because you enjoy doing that. Which is it? You are being divisive or you are still reading what Mike is saying? Really, what other explanation is there?

We have moved on.

Then move on Nick. Leave it to others who want to discuss this. Problem solved. Let’s see what you next move is. Test your own heart in this matter.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,239

Hi T8,

Try not to get drawn into personal attacks.

Correcting and rebuking is your habit.

But there are greater options.

We learn here so why not listen to others?

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,292

T8….when a person tries to disprove what not only i , but thousands if not millions have proved before, and then tries to convence us that all that proof is a lie and complete fabercation a conspiracy, Thats like another person i know, who say the vapor trails jet engines give of in high flight are not really vapor trails, they are chimical trails, because our government is trying to control the populations by killing us off with alumium oxcide, so those arn’t vapor trails but aluminum oxide trails never mind no one has yet died from alumium oxide yet in the senenty years of those trails. Another conspiracy theory, there is no end to this type of garabge. They play on the simple and superstious people, sending them down endless rabit holes.

I would sujest to Mike he by a ticket next year for a ride to outerspace on the new space modules being “now” built for personal flights to outer space. I wounder how these flat earth people wil get around that, i am sure they will some how by come up with another conspiracy theory. Lol

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

miia 
    Participant
    • Topics started 26
    • Total replies 1,472

I’m actually disappointed, Nick. I thought I’d present a few simple pieces of evidence that anyone can consider and test for themselves, and that it would bring a respectful, thoughtful back and forth discussion. That’s what I expected from the people I’ve grown to know on this site. That hasn’t happened, and it makes me a little sad, to tell the truth. Ed hasn’t joined in. Gene is too busy arguing about math he doesn’t understand, and images that he couldn’t possibly confirm actually came from space. You haven’t even tried to carry on a rational conversation about the things I’ve been presenting. miia seems to have gone mia. And Kathi can’t even bring herself to show up here and discuss the things I’ve presented. And that’s the one that hurts the most… when a person is so headstrong about the story they’ve been indoctrinated into that they won’t even spend a minute or two looking at the observational evidence.

I was hoping this would be a case of iron sharpening iron – like we all did on scriptural issues in the old days. I guess I was wrong, and it hurts a little. Oh well, at least T8 is up for the rational back and forth I thought all of you guys would be up for. And Andrew has also made some thought-provoking posts.

Hi Mike I’m still here and reading when able, just been so busy. I’ll have a proper read… as soon as i get some time, which might be this afternoon.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 2,248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account