Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 3,001 through 3,020 (of 6,407 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Oh dear. That is the point I’m exactly making which applies to your PSI models. As you point out the difference in percentage, what I’m pointing out is what does this does mean in real terms. It means little because does the latter example use 10 X times the gasoline? No. Even though one is twice and the other twenty times, it doesn’t mean you are using 10 times the amount of gasoline compared to the other. Gasoline usage is better reflected by the actual increase in speed, not the percentage. The same applies to PSI and structural integrity.

Comprehendo?

Now look at this.

0.05 to 10 mph = 200 x times the speed. So is that a fair reflection of the gasoline used? What about

0.000000005 to 10 mph = 2, 000, 000, 000x or two billion times the speed. Does that mean a billion or two billion times more gasoline consumed. If so, then no one could afford to start their car.

Again, apply this to your PSI model and you can plainly see you are spouting BS, whether you are doing it intentionally or not.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Strange thing to say if NASA was part of a conspiracy

NASA Chief Criticized for Mentioning Christianity in Speech

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand the First Amendment. Or maybe, after the spat over a speech by NASA’s Jim Bridenstine, it does.

Thanks to the double standards of secularism, public officials can’t even talk about faith without making headlines. It’s no wonder, then, that when the head of America’s space program gave remarks at a Christian ministry, even he had trouble finding signs of intelligence in the criticism that followed.

Capitol Ministries, the organization that Bridenstine has supported for years, is hardly controversial. Nine of the president’s 15 Cabinet officials are sponsors of the ministry—whose aim is simple: influencing government with biblical teachings.

During his talk, Bridenstine even talked about the importance of that goal and what it means in the context of these times. “I love what Ralph said earlier: We’re not trying to Christianize the U.S. government. We believe in an institutional separation, but we also believe in influence. And that’s a big distinction and an important distinction, and that’s why I love this ministry.”

Dig4truth
    Participant

Found it!

You are a winner t8, 200x is the correct answer! But I have to laugh at the contortions you go through just to deny the obvious. We are comparing “speed or time” to pressure and vacuum not gas. What do they call it when someone changes the issue to make a point? Oh well it will come to me.

So it makes no difference in speed or time when a car is going 200 times slower? Really?

Even if we did use your example the car would be idling and using nearly as much gas as if were moving at 5mph. But like I said this is irrelevant to the problem.

Now aside from your straw-man, oh there’s that’s term, can you see the time difference between a car going 1 billion times slower than another car? Where the car going 5 mph would use very little fuel in that hour but the car going a billion times slower would run out of gas way before it went a fraction of the same distance simply because of the time involved. Therefore, it can’t be done even using your own irrelevant example.

In case anyone is wondering it would take over 16.5 million hours or 694,000 days to go the same distance that the car going 5 mph would (in 1 hour)! That’s a lot of gas!

In order to work with ultra high vacuums it is necessary to use extremely thick and robust materials and it requires a lot of energy to achieve, some vacuum chambers require 4 to 6 different kinds of pumps to reach these levels. To suggest that the lunar lander or even the ISS would not have to face such hurdles is just not logical.

What a gas, man!

Proclaimer
    Participant

It just went right over your head Dig. Maybe science isn’t your thing.

I will try again but keep it simple. Lots of small things and a couple of big things can still see the latter being bigger, but you just get blinded by the lots of things and forget that it is dealing with small things. lol.

Now consider this fact. A 15 PSI increase where the increase is billions of times more than the number you start with compared to a 15 PSI increase where you double the PSI are still both a 15 PSI increase. That’s it. Game over mate. 15 or so PSI in both cases. A car tyre can hold a 15 PSI increase. lol. Boom!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Latest Heaven Net blog post copied here.
    ==================================

Flat Earthers hold conference in Auckland, with speakers from around the globe

Flat Earth celebrities have flown across the globe to speak at the Flat Earth Expo in Auckland, New Zealand. Flat Earthers believe that we live on a flat plane rather than the accepted globe that not many have ever questioned. Flat Earthers also believe that all evidence to the contrary is controlled by a giant conspiracy of which NASA is at the forefront.

The Flat Earth model has the north pole in the centre of a flat circular disc and the South Pole as not existing. Instead, they believe that the Antarctica is giant encircling ice wall that hems in the worlds oceans. They point out that nearly all of us have never visited Antarctica, thus we rely on the testimony of a few who claim to have visited the frozen continent, and of course these guys are just lying to us and are part of the conspiracy. Flat Earthers are quick to point out that it is illegal to visit Antarctica. Whether this is true or not, the fact is, it is illegal to do a number of things in protected wilderness areas of the world of which Antarctica is one.

The fact that the next Flat Earth conference is in New Zealand gives Flat Earthers a unique opportunity to prove to themselves that the Earth is indeed a globe. They only need to travel via South America to New Zealand and note the hours spent getting there is way less than their Flat Earth model would have you believe. You see, the Flat Earth disc with no south pole has New Zealand, Australia, South America, and Africa many times apart in distance from each other as the globe suggests, simply because, instead of reducing down to a single point we call the South Pole, the area of land in the Southern Hemisphere expands out to the giant ice wall circumference of the whole disc. This projection is similar to how we view Canada, Russia, or even Antarctica on most world maps where they are many times larger on these maps than they are in reality . This is because maps have difficulty projecting a 3D globe onto their 2D canvas. In essence, the Flat Earth model is a 2D construct as it is a flat surface albeit disc shape, so it has the Southern Hemisphere as being much larger in area than it really is.

Sitting in an isolated spot in the Southern Hemisphere, New Zealand gives these Flat Earthers travelling to Auckland the unique opportunity to debunk their own belief. But how many will actually test this out? I am thinking perhaps a few, but most of these guys will just be looking forward to rubbing shoulders with their Flat Earth brothers when they get here and on-route looking out toward the flat horizon because they are simply not flying high enough to see the curve.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Sky was clear enough in Wellington the other night to see Jupiter and its four largest moons – Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto. In this pic, three moons are visible.

Ask yourself this, isn’t it obvious that Earth and its moon would look something like this if it were viewed from space?

Photo was taken by an amateur photographer and posted to a Facebook page called Wellington Severe Weather Reports.

Dig4truth
    Participant

t8: 0.05 to 10 mph = 200 x times the speed.

t8: A 15 PSI increase where the increase is billions of times more than the number you start with compared to a 15 PSI increase where you double the PSI are still both a 15 PSI increase.

I hope you can see the contradiction in your two statements above. In one you are giving an accurate answer but in the other you not only contradict the first statement but is also self contradictory.

You admit that 0.5 to 10 is 200 times the speed but then state that even  a much greater difference (billions) is still only double. At least I think that was your point because the wording was somewhat incoherent.

So you start with a number “where the increase is billions of times more” but then conclude its just double. How can an increase be billions of times but yet not exceed being just double? That boom sound you made was anyone that understands math heads exploding.

Learn both sides of the decimal point and then you may begin to grasp the problem. But thanks for slipping in the car tire example again, I needed a good laugh this morning.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Dig, you simply are not smart enough to grasp the point I am making. Try to understand the concept My examples are not meant to be mathematically whatever it is you are looking for. It is simply the truth that percentage isn’t a good way to measure the true pressure. 15 PSI is 15 PSI regardless of a car tyre at sea level, or the ISS in space.

Honestly, you should know what you are good at and called to do in life. Science is not your thing just as art is not my thing. I wouldn’t for one second pretend that anything I draw is art, just as you should admit that you are not endowed with a scientific brain. This is not an insult. We are just not the best at everything and we all have weaknesses. It is foolish to think you are good at something when you are not.

Tell me something you know without a doubt that you are good at?

Proclaimer
    Participant

You admit that 0.5 to 10 is 200 times the speed but then state that even a much greater difference (billions) is still only double.

OMG, you poor boy. I never said such a thing. I was pointing out your calculations of billions of times of whatever and then giving you examples of the concept I was making to some real examples.

How about focusing on the gospel of Jesus Christ as you do not need to be scientifically minded to do that and Jesus expects all of us to participate in the gospel of the Kingdom. Seriously, if you participated in a science forum, you would be laughed right out out of there, let’s be real about that. Here, people will listen to your theories and be more polite about their weaknesses, but even Christians have limits to how much BS and misunderstanding they can handle.

Proclaimer
    Participant

ISS and PSI Facts

Here are some PSI facts for readers who come here. Not for you Dig as it will be over your head.

The vacuum of space is effectively at 0 bar (0 psi). On earth the atmospheric pressure at sea level is about 1 bar (14.5 psi). So the pressure difference the capsule has to hold is around 1 bar.

This is not very much, to give some example this is about the same pressure difference an American football ball is holding. Car tires are around 2 to 3 times that. Scuba tanks can go up to 5000 psi (350 times the atmospheric pressure!).

However to make spacecrafts and space suits lighter the pressure is often lowered a bit. Human can live OK at 3000 to 4000 m altitude where the pressure is about 60% of sea level. If you want to cut down further you can increase the oxygen concentration. With 100% oxygen human can breath normally at only 0.3 bars (4.3 psi). This is what is used in the american space suits. However it is dangerous, at 100% oxygen a lot of things can catch fire very easily. That was one of the reason of the Apollo 1 accident. With 100% oxygen human can breath normally at only 0.3 bars (4.3 psi). This is what is used in the american space suits. However it is dangerous, at 100% oxygen a lot of things can catch fire very easily. That was the reason of the Apollo 1 accident.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It’s easier to fool people then convince them they are being fooled.”

– Mark Twain

Dig4truth
    Participant

t8: Tell me something you know without a doubt that you are good at?

Knowing when someone doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

t8: The vacuum of space is effectively at 0 bar (0 psi).

Actually it is closer to 0.00000000001 torr. Remember that decimal thing I mentioned, it’s kind of important, are you implying that it is not?

Dig4truth
    Participant

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please.

Mark Twain

Dig4truth
    Participant

It works both ways. Is 145 psi greater than 14.5 psi? A little, a lot? Just double? That’s just one decimal place!

Now what about 14.5 and .000145? …

mikeboll64
    Blocked

journey42:  Even my husband thinks the flat earth is absurd! I’m not that interested with debating or conforming anyone else because their minds are already made up, but to speak to another flat earther Christian is rare and always welcoming.

My mom about flipped her wig when I first brought it up.  But guess what?  She recently figured out on her own that we never went to the moon.  So baby steps.  Anyway, I hear you about arguing with people who already have their minds made up.  That’s why I don’t post too much here anymore.  T8 is fighting tooth and nail with such weak arguments that they’re hardly worth my time.  And not because he’s every personally verified a single thing that he claims – but only because he is so thoroughly indoctrinated that he somehow feels we are attacking his personal life’s work – as if HE created the heliocentric model or something.  It’s both painful and funny for me.  Hey, subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want… Mike Boll

I just put out another good one using T8’s photo (with his permission of course).  That’s really gotta sting for him!  Here it is… https://youtu.be/1mNYXzYel_4

Now no cheating, T8.  The goal is for people who DON’T know the heights and distances to figure out if the mountain in your photo is a mirage or not.  So PLEASE don’t go there giving out the details.  I will, however, be sharing those details with one of your fellow NZ folks who goes by dazzathecameraman on YouTube.  We’ll be doing a live stream to discuss your photo.  And people are asking for a link (Dropbox, Microsoft Cloud, etc.) to the original raw image.  Could you provide that for me, so I can share it on the live stream?

Anyway, take care journey.  Hopefully we’ll talk some more soon.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  While I have already debunked the Flat Earth idea that boats do not go over the curve because there isn’t one…

Uh… no you haven’t.  Here is my question again:

Is going over a curve the ONLY possibly explanation for why distant objects disappear from the bottom up if we get farther away from them or lower our viewing angle?

T8:  Another Flat Earth argument states that planes do not fly over Antarctica because we would find out that the Earth was flat if we did. Well we would hit the side of the dome so we would die. However, that is not the reason of course. The video points out why in general, planes do not fly over the frozen continent.

Which plane has EVER flown over the continent of Antarctica?  Where is the video footage of the journey, so we can see what this land actually looks like?  AND… can you and I fly over it (and all around over it’s area) to record our own observations?  If not, why not?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T: Hey t8,

What if a car went from 5 to 10 mph? You would say that is double the speed, right? What about 0.5 to 10 mph, would you still say that is double?

T8: 0.05 to 10 mph = 200 x times the speed.

So 10 to 20 is double the speed – just as 10 to 5 is half the speed, right?  But while 10 to 20 is only double, 10 to .05 is 200 times difference, right?  So 15 to 30 in your tire analogy is double, right?  But 15 to 7.5 is half, right?  What about 15 to .075?  What’s the difference in pressure between 15 psi and 0.075 psi, T8?

D4T, I’ve been watching you beat your head against a wall here.  More power to you, but I simply have no time for this.  He clearly sees your point, and is clearly trying to obfuscate… just like he did with the point about why NASA’s vacuum chamber would need 8 foot thick concrete walls.  And I simply have no time for games.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand the First Amendment.

T8, why do you suppose flat earth is now being heavily censored by YouTube, FB, and other social media giants… at the request of the U.S. government?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8: Ask yourself this, isn’t it obvious that Earth and its moon would look something like this if it were viewed from space?

190426-0506

There’s mine from the other morning before work.  I also got Saturn.  I see five lights in the sky.  Why do you suppose you see balls, T8?

Dig4truth
    Participant

I know but I get chuckle every time he brings up the car tire! It’s as if life doesn’t exist on the other side of the decimal.

And the simple point is that high vacuum chambers require a substantial structure to withstand the pressure differential. Or else they would all be made out of car tires!  ; )

I saw your last video early this morning and I thought it was a great idea to make that challenge. I’m sure the responses will be interesting.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,001 through 3,020 (of 6,407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account