Flat Earth Debate: Mike Vs. T8

This topic contains 48 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mikeboll64 1 day, 10 hours ago.

• Author
     mikeboll64 
    Participant
    • Topics started 79
    • Total replies 25,045

T8:  Scientists believe the moon was not always tidally locked to the Earth…

Learn to recognize indoctrination phrases like “scientists believe”.  The majority of all science articles include these words, but most don’t elaborate on them. For example, which scientists believe this?  Do all of them believe it?  Of the ones who do, on what did they base this belief?  Is the belief based on empirical science, that can be observed, tested, and repeated?  Or is it based on philosophy and a preconceived worldview?  Is their belief the ONLY way it could have happened? Or are there other options that would work equally well?

These are a few questions you need to ask yourself anytime you see that phrase, T8… because the answers will shock you.  For example, in this case, has any scientist actually observed the moon before it was “tidally locked”?  Did anyone observe the moon going from a non-locked state to the current locked state?  Can we test this transformation from non-locked to locked in a lab environment?  Can we repeat the test multiple times to verify the same result occur each time?  Because if the answer to any of these is “NO”, then these philosophical ponderings don’t even qualify as science to begin with, and the “belief” of these unnamed scientists is baseless and worthless.  And no amount of computer simulations (which are designed specifically to get certain results) are going to change this fact.

Let me let you in on a little secret.  It is a quote from Dr. Colin Patterson, a staunch evolutionist who was the curator of the prestigious British Museum of Natural History.  Read it carefully…

“Gradualism is a concept I believe in, not just because of Darwin’s authority, but because my understanding of genetics seems to demand it. Yet Gould and the American Museum people are hard to contradict when they say there are no transitional fossils. As a paleontologist myself, I am much occupied with the philosophical problems of identifying ancestral forms in the fossil record. You say that I should at least “show a photo of the fossil from which each type of organism was derived.” I will lay it on the line–there is not one such fossil for which one could make a watertight argument. The reason is that statements about ancestry and descent are not applicable in the fossil record. Is Archaeopteryx the ancestor of all birds? Perhaps yes, perhaps no: there is no way of answering the question. It is easy enough to make up stories of how one form gave rise to another, and to find reasons why the stages should be favored by natural selection. But such stories are not part of science, for there is no way of putting them to the test…  

If we accept Popper’s distinction between science and non-science, we must ask first whether the theory of evolution by natural selection is scientific or pseudoscientific (metaphysical)…. Taking the first part of the theory, that evolution has occurred, it says that the history of life is a single process of species-splitting and progression. This process must be unique and unrepeatable, like the history of England. This part of the theory is therefore a historical theory about unique events, and unique events are, by definition, not part of science, for they are unrepeatable and so not subject to test.”

Get the picture?  Unique historical events are not even a part of science, because they cannot be observed, tested and repeated.  Btw, do you realize that the people you are quoting are the same ones who say the moon was created when another planet crashed into the earth?  These people don’t believe in a creator at all – let alone Jehovah.  They laugh at you for believing in God.  They think you’re a moron who’s made up an imaginary friend to make you feel like you’re special and not just some loser who is going to turn into worm food some day.  These are the people you’re siding with in direct contradiction to the Bible, T8.  Do you think that is a smart move?  Do you think Jehovah would approve?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 889
    • Total replies 18,307

Mike. The Solar System model explains eclipses visually and the visual representation fits the math or historical data.

So my question to you is this:

“Show me how the Flat earth model creates an eclipse?”

Then explain to me how it visually fits the data or historical data without relying on math alone. I want to see how the model fits the data and can be used to predict the data visually.

You can use the video I posted and start with the basics for me. How is the eclipse observation from our view created in the Flat Earth model because I cannot imagine it. Maybe I just lack imagination. Help me out here. Please stick to the FE model on this question rather than just attacking the Solar System model.

mikeboll64 
    Participant
    • Topics started 79
    • Total replies 25,045

Mike:   1.  When was mankind finally able to PROVE that the earth is a spinning ball orbiting the sun and hurtling through space at millions of miles an hour?

2.  Do you finally understand that any so-called “eclipse” will work on the flat earth model, since we agree with the scriptures that say the moon is its own light source, and therefore the patterns on it have nothing to do with light from the sun, or shadows from the earth?

I brought up the first, and you brought up the second.  I am willing to discuss these things for as long as it takes, but I’m going to need some direct, succinct, and honest answers to them.

T8:  So my question to you is this:

“Show me how the Flat earth model creates an eclipse?”

You have a couple of questions already waiting before you get to ask another.  Besides, the second question (and my last post) answers your question.  In summary, the shape of the earth has nothing to do with the light and dark patterns on the moon, since the earth has nothing to do with the light and dark patterns on the moon.  Understand?  How about lightning?  Scripture says it lights up the sky from one part of the heavens to the other.  How does God make that work?  How does He control it, and make it occur where and when He wants it to?  I don’t know the particulars.  Nor do I know the particulars of how exactly God makes the light and dark patterns on the moon, or how He causes those patterns to change during the month.  I only know that the moon is its own light, and that God has designed it so we could use it to mark times and seasons.

Hey, I just remembered there is a third question you haven’t answered yet…

3.  What was your reaction to finding out that NASA has passed off these predictions as their own – the work of industrious mathematical geniuses – when they were really just copied and pasted from ancient Babylonian charts?

mikeboll64 
    Participant
    • Topics started 79
    • Total replies 25,045

Tick-tock…

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account