Firstborn of/over all creation

Viewing 20 posts - 3,261 through 3,280 (of 3,677 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

The Berean Bible Society has a good study on these matters.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….So where does the resurection of the “dead” take place seening you believe there not “really” dead. Should we start calling it the resurection of the living to fit you renditions of scripture?

Nick,… TELL US WHY DEATH IN THE FIRST PLACE, IF IT SERVES NO PERPOSE. SATAN TOLD EVE SHE WOULDN’T REALLY DIE, ARE YOU NOW SAYING THE SAME THING?

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

What happened at the time of the resurrection of Jesus?

The graves were opened.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Unspiritual men are deep down frightened of death, the unknown, losing control.

Most are given 70 or 80 years to find an answer though the one who has the power of death is allowed to take some earlier.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

You said

Hi Anthony,

Gehenna was created for the devil and his angels, not for man.

Hades is just a place of waiting.(page 211)

I say

The geographical area that was a symbol of fiery judgment was the Valley of Hinnom (Gehenna) at the southeast corner of Jerusalem. Ect. Ect.

Gehenna and Hades are two different word.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

This is a continuation of last post on page 217

Rev 6:9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls (5590) of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.
    https://biblehub.com/lexicon/revelation/6-9.htm

heart (2), heartily (1), life (36), lives (7), mind (1), minds (1), person (1), persons (3), soul (33), souls (14), suspense* (1), thing (1).

Rev 6:9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the hearts and minds of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.

Ezk 36:26 (NKJV) I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

definition: inner man, mind, will, heart

Ezk 36:26 (NKJV) I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Me: since the soul as a spirit doesn’t fit the definitions here in light of the new spirit we have in Ezk 36:26. Therefore “minds” .are the best fit. Minds, like spirits are invisible and each one with each other.. They do not take up space. Therefore, you could have an infinite amount of minds under the altar in Rev 6:9. Of course altar is a symbol in Rev 6:9 and is not literal.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

Gehenna=hell

The whole thing was intended to be figurative in the first place. Gehenna (hell) was known as Tophet (Isaiah 30:33 with Jeremiah 7:31) and remarkably the entire area will one day become holy to the Lord (Jeremiah 31:38–40). There will certainly not be any eternal fires in Gehenna. (The “unquenchable fires” of Matthew 3:12

(Shelo= Hades means the grave.)

Gehenna (hell) was known as Tophet (Isaiah 30:33 with Jeremiah 7:31) and remarkably the entire area will one day become holy to the Lord (Jeremiah 31:38–40).

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick

You wrote:

The meek shall inherit the earth.
    But some go directly to heaven you say?
    Heaven is the throne of God and not the inheritance of men.

Me:
    Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

After Christ’s resurrection and ascension into heaven, all the saints from the beginning of the OT (John 5:25) until before Christ’s return go to heaven where Christ’s throne is, and where Christ’s throne is, there be God’s throne. This is in heaven (matt 6:9).  So if we be with Christ, we be with God.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Me: Some say this refers to when Christ returns the second time. “I go prepare a place for you” is in heaven. “ I will come again” refers to him coming at one’s physical death if before Christ’s second coming to earth.

Heb 13:5 … I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Me: “I will never leave you” refers to now and at the time of sleep (rest) in Christ.

Jude: 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Me: The Lord comes from heaven to earth with his saints who were in heaven with him.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Me: to rule the earth.

1 Thes 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Me: “those in the cloud” refer to the saints whose hearts and minds are coming down with new bodies now from heaven with Christ to be here to the earth.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

I pretty sure that the Jews new what Jesus was saying Nick.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You:

Jesus really and truly died as men do.
    He gave up his spirit on Calvary.
    “I was dead and now am alive”
    He tasted death for all men and showed it holds nothing to fear for the anointed ones.
    Me: True, but his spirit is the holy spirit (Eph 4:4).  The holy spirit is in his mind and his mind is in the holy spirit. God’s mind is in the holy spirit and through the holy spirit communicates with Christ.  The holy spirit is the conduit in which everyone’s hearts and minds communicate and bind to each other.

You:

‘When you quench the Spirit it goes out’
    I see you mean like extinguishing a flame.
    No suggestion that the faithful Spirit leaves.
    But if submit to God then we walk in the Spirit.

Me: Extinguishing the spirit means that God’s spirit is leaving one’s mind until it is gone. One has turned his back on God and is no longer interested in serving him and growing in the spirit.  In fact, it is when one cannot repent because he has grossly left God that he is in danger of the judgment.

Truthcomber
    Participant

You: 2tim 2.11
    It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him we shall also live with him:
    If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him he also will deny us:
    If we believe not yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Me: True

Hi Nick,

You:

Those alive in Christ are already spiritually seated with him in the heavenlies.
    Eph 2.5
    Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)
    and hath raised us up together ,and made us sit together in heavenly places with Christ Jesus.
    Col 3.1
    If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth at the right hand of God.
    Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Me: True, as long as one does not turn his back on God. He will never leave you. But you can leave him. So don’t. You know that.

Truthcomber
    Participant

You:
    Rom 8.11
    But if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you,
    He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The Holy Spirit dwells in us even after death to quicken our bodies at the resurrection.

Me: 

Me: Excellent

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….not a matter of fear, to me, it’smore like your fearful of death to me. Are you saying people do not “actually die”, and that they do not return to dust, as God said, but go to some other place other then the grave when they die, that there is no actual resurection of the dead, at the return of Jesus? Do you really think the resurection has already happened?

Please answer these questions with sound answers with scriptures not just your opinions you come up with. Produce sound evidence, not some “myestery religious” concepts of life continuing after one dies.

Peace and love to you and yours…..gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You wrote:

As with all men the human spirit of Jesus returned to God at his death.

Me: I disagree

Christ was uniquely conceived with the holy spirit, and only the holy spirit  in him at birth.  He is the son of God. We become the sons of God through him in us through the holy spirit.

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Me: In the end there is only one spirit.  Christ was like us in that he had a human mind.

You:
    But the Holy Spirit in him abided and raised him so that he is the firstborn from the dead.
    The NEW creation is all in the eternal Spirit of God and God will again dwell on earth in the new Jerusalem

Me: True, very good

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

A soul, as shown by this verse, has the spark / breath of life, given by God.

Psa 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
    Psa 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

(The word breath in verse 29 and spirit in verse 30 is H7307 ruwach)

Eccl 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit (H7307 ruwach / breath) shall return unto God who gave it.

When God breathed life into Adam, he became a living soul (creature). Note that Gen. 2:7 does not say God put a soul into Adam. You are a soul because God has breathed life into you.

Job 12:9 Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?
    Job 12:10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;

1 Ki 17:17 And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.

1 Ki 17:21 And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child’s soul come into him again.
    1 Ki 17:22 And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.In the above incident with Elijah, the return of the child’s soul and breath are identical in meaning. You do not have a ghost-like immortal soul that survives your physical death. Life is what makes you a soul. Without life you perish. God bless   it’s ad simple as that Nick.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene and Anthony,

You are right for before Christ was resurrected and glorified by this father for all the dead

After the resurrection and ascension for the righteous dead.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Truthcomber
    Participant

New bodies at the first resurrection for all those in Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

Yes new bodies.

The old will have returned to dust and our souls clothed anew.

Those yet alive will be changed and the imperishable put over the perishable.

You add a lot of presumption to what you say about the throne of God.

We are already seated with the Lord in the heavenlies.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

Yes Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit and Mary.

Do you think that means he was not a man with a human spirit?

Did he already have the Holy Spirit and this did not need to be anointed at the Jordan?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

The relevant and REAL DEATH to God is the second death.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,261 through 3,280 (of 3,677 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account