Fear of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 522 total)
  • Author

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,20:57)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 11 2008,20:49)
    Michaels  You are trying to diminish what fear is. Fear Him that can destroy not only the body, but the soul also. So what does that mean. Just a reverence?  I do not think so. We have an awesome God because He has send Jesus into the world not to condemn the world but through Him we might be saveth.

The following is pure fiction to express my point of how a God of Love is NOT to be feared except in the sense of AWE.  I DO NOT NOR WOULD I EVER DO THESE THINGS.  JUST AS MY HEAVENLY FATHER WOULDN'T EITHER.

I try to inspire the same dread in my child as well.  I want to be like my heavenly father.  

I often tell my child how much I love her and then remind her that at any moment she disappoints me I may just beat her or burn her with a hot pan.

I want to be an awesome Dad. Sometimes, when my daughter angers me, I choose to beat on my wife instead so that I can demonstrate the vicarious attonement of Christ.

When I tuck her in at night I look into her eyes and tell her I love her.  And then just before I shut out the lights I remind her that at any moment I could come in and sufficate her with a pillow.  

Nothing like a Father's love.

Fiction? Don't understand what you mean. So you do not believe that God can desroy body and soul in the lake of fire, and is not going to do so to those who will refuse to follow in His ways? Well my friend I believe that He can and will do it in order that God can be all in all, since God cannot look at Sin. My God is Love too, but He also is fair and will judge mankind. Those that are of the House of God are being judged right now. The rest will happen in the millinium.
    look at society right now how discpline has gone out of the window. Parents get arrested if they spank their Children. It used to be that a child would obey, because they feared to be spanked. The Bible even tells you not to spare the rod. Love yes, but also fear that God can destrou You in the lake of fire.
    That is not in Awe, sorry I believe that you are wrong. Nut that's the new end time socity, and you must be on of them.

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 11 2008,22:57)

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,20:57)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 11 2008,20:49)
    Michaels  You are trying to diminish what fear is. Fear Him that can destroy not only the body, but the soul also. So what does that mean. Just a reverence?  I do not think so. We have an awesome God because He has send Jesus into the world not to condemn the world but through Him we might be saveth.

The following is pure fiction to express my point of how a God of Love is NOT to be feared except in the sense of AWE.  I DO NOT NOR WOULD I EVER DO THESE THINGS.  JUST AS MY HEAVENLY FATHER WOULDN'T EITHER.

I try to inspire the same dread in my child as well.  I want to be like my heavenly father.  

I often tell my child how much I love her and then remind her that at any moment she disappoints me I may just beat her or burn her with a hot pan.

I want to be an awesome Dad. Sometimes, when my daughter angers me, I choose to beat on my wife instead so that I can demonstrate the vicarious attonement of Christ.

When I tuck her in at night I look into her eyes and tell her I love her.  And then just before I shut out the lights I remind her that at any moment I could come in and sufficate her with a pillow.  

Nothing like a Father's love.

Fiction? Don't understand what you mean. So you do not believe that God can desroy body and soul in the lake of fire, and is not going to do so to those who will refuse to follow in His ways? Well my friend I believe that He can and will do it in order that God can be all in all, since God cannot look at Sin. My God is Love too, but He also is fair and will judge mankind. Those that are of the House of God are being judged right now. The rest will happen in the millinium.
    look at society right now how discpline has gone out of the window. Parents get arrested if they spank their Children. It used to be that a child would obey, because they feared to be spanked. The Bible even tells you not to spare the rod. Love yes, but also fear that God can destrou You in the lake of fire.
    That is not in Awe, sorry I believe that you are wrong. But that's the new end time socity, and you must be on of them.

about fear

acertainchap
    Participant

Exodus 20:20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.”

Deuteronomy 25:17 Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God.

Revelation 19:5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying: “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!”

Luke 1:50 His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Thanks acc

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 12 2008,04:06)
    Exodus 20:20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.”

Deuteronomy 25:17 Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God.

Revelation 19:5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying: “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!”

Luke 1:50 His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.

acertaimchap Very good job with those scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    We are meant to read of the works of God in awe and not judgement.
    He is all powerful and not subject to our standards.
    You judge God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    Deuteronomy 10:12
    And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Our Lord God is YHWH
    You may choose to serve another

acertainchap
    Participant

Source:

<a href="http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/feargod.htm” target=”_blank”>http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/feargod.htm%5B/URL%5D

The Lord confides in those who fear him (Ps. 25:14);
    God's great goodness is stored up for those who fear Him (Ps. 31:19);
    His eyes are on those who fear him (Ps. 33:18);
    The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and He delivers them (Ps. 34:7);
    His saints are to fear Him—those who fear Him lack nothing (Ps. 34:9);
    Salvation is near those who fear God (Ps. 85:9);
    God has love for those who fear him as high as the heavens are above the earth (Ps. 103:11);
    His love is with those who fear him (Ps. 103:17);
    The Lord has compassion on those who fear him (Ps. 103:13);
    God provides food for those who fear him (Ps. 111:5);
    He will bless those who fear him (Ps. 115:13);
    God fulfills the desires of those who fear him; He hears their cry and saves them (Ps. 145:19);
    He delights in those who fear him (Ps. 147:11);
    His mercy extends to those who fear Him (Lk. 1:50).
    The fear of God adds length to life (Pr. 10:27), is a fountain of life (Pr. 14:27), leads to life (Pr. 19:23), and brings wealth, honor and life when coupled with humility (Pr. 22:4);
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Pr. 9:10; Mic. 6:9) and knowledge (Pr. 1:7), and is the key to the treasure of salvation, wisdom and knowledge (Is. 33:6);
    Etc., etc., etc.

:)

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2008,04:58)
    Hi SOL,
    We are meant to read of the works of God in awe and not judgement.
    He is all powerful and not subject to our standards.
    You judge God?

Technically we are both Judging him Nick.

You have Judge him to be dreadful God that uses fire to burn his children.

I have found him to be a God that uses Love to free his children from the evil of this world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    No
    You dare approach our YHWH God and find Him a sinner.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2008,06:42)
    Hi SOL,
    No
    You dare approach our YHWH God and find Him a sinner.

Does he not do the things that he called sins?

You may say he is ABOVE is own law.

But you can't say he doesn't do the things he calls sin.

hence he is a sinner. even IF he has a license to be such.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    So you are above the God of Israel?
    You would apply the Law given to man to Him?
    You are a brave man, but not very wise.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2008,06:52)
    Hi SOL,
    So you are above the God of Israel?
    You would apply the Law given to man to Him?
    You are a brave man, but not very wise.

Those in Christ have been exalted above all prinicipalities and powers.

The Law we received by mediator of an angel was not the pure Law of God.

Son of Light
    Participant

Here Jehovah threatens his people with forced cannibalism:

Leviticus 26

28Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

29And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

30And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

Deuteronomy 28:53

53And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:

Jeremiah 19:9

9And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

Ezekiel 5:8-10

8Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, am against thee, and will execute judgments in the midst of thee in the sight of the nations.

9And I will do in thee that which I have not done, and whereunto I will not do any more the like, because of all thine abominations.

10Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers; and I will execute judgments in thee, and the whole remnant of thee will I scatter into all the winds.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 12 2008,07:11)

Leviticus 26

28Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

29And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

30And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

53And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:

9And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

8Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, am against thee, and will execute judgments in the midst of thee in the sight of the nations.

9And I will do in thee that which I have not done, and whereunto I will not do any more the like, because of all thine abominations.

10Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers; and I will execute judgments in thee, and the whole remnant of thee will I scatter into all the winds.

I have to admit i don't know that God. Weather it be the YAHWEH OF Jehovah. The God I know is love! MY Father and Jesus' Father.

Weather it be the same God who showed His wrath in the Old Testament and Fatherly Love in the New Testament I don't know! I read about the OT God but I don't know Him.

I only know the God of the New Covenant. I have no desire to even look back at this point. To me it's hard moving forward while looking back. The finish line is too close!

When Pentecost came everything changed. The SPIRIT was poured out on believers. If you know the Spirit then what does man gave to say that will convince you otherwise.

Some need to hear from the pulpit. They get away from the pulpit and they fall because they don't hear. We should hear what the Spirit says not the pulpit.

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything–and is true and is no lie, just as it has taught you–abide in him.

Have any received the anointing from HIM, then you have NO NEED for anyone to teach you…. as His anointing teaches you…AND IS TRUE…abide in HIM.

To me that all we can do. If what the Spirit teaches you and that disagrees with others then the Spirit has a different message for that person OR that person has a different spirit.

Jesus' promise that if you ask God He will give you His Spirit.

Luk 11:13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

I believe Him. Do you?

Keep the commandments of God and Faith in Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    You say

Leviticus 26

And God's prophecy came true.
    2Kings 6
    29So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

You deceive.
    God does not command cannibalism.
    God is not responsible for the decisions of men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Lord our God is righteous.
    Ezra 9:15
    O LORD God of Israel, thou art righteous: for we remain yet escaped, as it is this day: behold, we are before thee in our trespasses: for we cannot stand before thee because of this.
    Fear Him.
    Mt 10
    28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,08:02)
    Hi SOL,
    You say

Leviticus 26

And God's prophecy came true.
    2Kings 6
    29So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

You deceive.
    God does not command cannibalism.
    God is not responsible for the decisions of men.

Um, this confirms my point, Nick.

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 12 2008,08:10)

Leviticus 26

I have to admit i don't know that God.  Weather it be the YAHWEH OF Jehovah.  The God I know is love!  MY Father and Jesus' Father.

Weather it be the same God who showed His wrath in the Old Testament and Fatherly Love in the New Testament I don't know! I read about the OT God but I don't know Him.

I only know the God of the New Covenant.  I have no desire to even look back at this point. To me it's hard moving forward while looking back.  The finish line is too close!  

When Pentecost came everything changed.  The SPIRIT was poured out on believers.  If you know the Spirit then what does man gave to say that will convince you otherwise.

Some need to hear from the pulpit.  They get away from the pulpit and they fall because they don't hear.  We should hear what the Spirit says not the pulpit.

1Jo 2:27  But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything–and is true and is no lie, just as it has taught you–abide in him.

Have any received the anointing from HIM, then you have NO NEED for anyone to teach you…. as His anointing teaches you…AND IS TRUE…abide in HIM.

To me that all we can do.  If what the Spirit teaches you and that disagrees with others then the Spirit has a different message for that person OR that person has a different spirit.

Luk 11:13  If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

I believe Him.  Do you?

kenrch

You say…

Read the context. Their cannabolism is a natural result of their hungry stomachs.

God brought judgment on them through famine because of their rebellion, and becasue he knows all things he prophesied what they would do in their starvation.

God is a God of judgment, wrath and Love.

Both the OT and NT reveals that.

The NT also tells us of his judgment and wrath when Yeshua will return. I am not of the opinion that he will cast men into eternal torment forever and ever, but I do believe there will be a white throne judgment and their will be payment to be made.

The flood and the destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah are examples of his judgment, Jesus spoke of them both and compared them to his second comming.

Gods Spirit will not always strive with men.

Blessings!

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 15 2008,09:00)

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 12 2008,08:10)

Leviticus 26

I have to admit i don't know that God.  Weather it be the YAHWEH OF Jehovah.  The God I know is love!  MY Father and Jesus' Father.

I only know the God of the New Covenant.  I have no desire to even look back at this point. To me it's hard moving forward while looking back.  The finish line is too close!  

When Pentecost came everything changed.  The SPIRIT was poured out on believers.  If you know the Spirit then what does man gave to say that will convince you otherwise.

Some need to hear from the pulpit.  They get away from the pulpit and they fall because they don't hear.  We should hear what the Spirit says not the pulpit.

1Jo 2:27  But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything–and is true and is no lie, just as it has taught you–abide in him.

To me that all we can do.  If what the Spirit teaches you and that disagrees with others then the Spirit has a different message for that person OR that person has a different spirit.

Luk 11:13  If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

I believe Him.  Do you?

kenrch

You say…

Read the context. Their cannabolism is a natural result of their hungry stomachs.

God brought judgment on them through famine because of their rebellion, and becasue he knows all things he prophesied what they would do in their starvation.

God is a God of judgment, wrath and Love.

Both the OT and NT reveals that.

The NT also tells us of his judgment and wrath when Yeshua will return. I am not of the opinion that he will cast men into eternal torment forever and ever, but I do believe there will be a white throne judgment and their will be payment to be made.

The flood and the destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah are examples of his judgment, Jesus spoke of them both and compared them to his second comming.

Gods Spirit will not always strive with men.

Blessings!

God loves us and he is coming to kill us.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 522 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account