Eternity, forever – endless?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    acertainchap
    Participant

I got to know your thoughts one of the most intriguing topics, ever!

charity
    Participant

Hi,

Eternity to Eternity, fathers, RETURNED TO THE DUST once?)

Revived The spirit, Eternity of the children?
    Isa 57:14 ¶ And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people. ¶ For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name [is] Holy; I dwell in the high and holy [place], with him also [that is] of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Eternity to eternity
    Enoch 69..9-15…And the fourth was named Pênêmûe: he taught the children of men the bitter and the sweet, and he taught them all the secrets of their wisdom. And he instructed mankind in writing with ink and paper, and thereby many sinned from eternity to eternity and until this day. For men were not created for such a purpose, to give confirmation to their good faith with pen and ink. For men were created exactly like the angels, to the intent that they should continue pure and righteous, and death, which destroys everything, could not have taken hold of them, but through this their knowledge they are perishing, and through this power it is consuming me. And the fifth was named Kâsdejâ: this is he who showed the children of men all the wicked smitings of spirits and demons, and the smitings of the embryo in the womb, that it may pass away, and [the smitings of the soul] the bites of the serpent, and the smitings which befall through the noontide heat, the son of the serpent named Tabâ'et. And this is the task of Kâsbeêl, the chief of the oath which he showed to the holy ones when he dwelt high above in glory, and its name is Bîqâ. This (angel) requested Michael to show him the hidden name, that he might enunciate it in the oath, so that those might quake before that name and oath who revealed all that was in secret to the children of men. And this is the power of this oath, for it is powerful and strong, and he placed this oath Akâe in the hand of Michael.16
    And these are the secrets of this oath…
    And they are strong through his oath:
    And the heaven was suspended before the world was created,
    And for ever.
    And through it the earth was founded upon the water,
    And from the secret recesses of the mountains come beautiful waters,
    From the creation of the world and unto eternity.
    And through that oath the sea was created,
    And as its foundation He set for it the sand against the time of (its) anger,
    And it dare not pass beyond it from the creation of the world unto eternity.
    And through that oath are the depths made fast,
    And abide and stir not from their place from eternity to eternity.
    And through that oath the sun and moon complete their course,
    And deviate not from their ordinance from eternity to eternity.
    And through that oath the stars complete their course,
    And He calls them by their names,
    And they answer Him from eternity to eternity.
    ??? Eternity to eternityDan 12:1 ¶ And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Dan 12:2  And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt. (ten thousand come to convince the unrighteous of their un godly deeds)Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
    But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Eternity of taking part in the First resurrection, he shall put his spirit within, [the smitings of the soul] the bites of the serpent,embryo in the womb,as to rise from the grave of the womb.
    Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

acertainchap
    Participant

So you're saying that eternity is endless.

charity
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ June 21 2007,10:50)

Eternity is endless, space of time, the earth is forever and ever.
    flesh and blood are not eternal, perishing, from eternity to eternity, a new body, NAME, but of one that once lived and perished,
    and the former shall not be remembered,for the child shall die an hundred years old;but the sinner [being] an hundred years old shall be accursed. but all shall still die?

Isa 65:17 ¶ For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.  But be ye glad and rejoice for ever [in that] which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.   And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.  There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner [being] an hundred years old shall be accursed.

resurrection of Life to the fathers,into the age of the children, turning the hearts of the children to the fathers, as the earth burns like a hot ovenDan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt. Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what [shall be] the end of these [things]? Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. behold Danials resurrection to shine as the brightness of the firment leading many to righteousness…Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end [be]: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days. Eternity to eternity

david
    Participant

Isn't the definition of the english word “eternity”:

“time without end” and hence endless?

But if you are referring to the Greek and Hebrew words rendered “forever” or “eternity” in many dictionaries, that's an entirely different question.

The Hebrew word ‛oh·lam′ carries the thought of indefinite or uncertain time.

I believe that expressions such as “time indefinite” (Ps 25:6), “indefinitely lasting” (Hab 3:6), “of old” (Ge 6:4), “a long time ago,” “of long ago” (Jos 24:2; Pr 22:28; 23:10), and “long-lasting” (Ec 12:5) appropriately convey the thought of the original-language term.

The word ‛oh·lam′ is at times associated with that which is everlasting or endless. (1Ki 2:45)
    But this is not it's actual exact meaning.

Jehovah is “from time indefinite to time indefinite.” (Ps 90:2)
    Of course, Jehovah has always existed and will always exist. But the actual word doesn't necessarily portray that exact meaning.

The Hebrew expression ‛oh·lam′ does not in itself mean “forever.
    It often refers to things that have an end, but the period of such things’ existence can be said to be ‘to time indefinite’ because the time of their end is not then specified. For example, the ‘indefinitely lasting’ Law covenant came to an end with Jesus’ death and the bringing in of a new covenant. (Ex 31:16, 17; Ro 10:4; Ga 5:18; Col 2:16, 17; Heb 9:15) And the ‘indefinitely lasting’ Aaronic priesthood similarly came to an end.—Ex 40:15; Heb 7:11-24; 10:1.

Another Hebrew term, ‛adh, denotes unlimited future time, everlastingness, or eternity. (1Ch 28:9; Ps 19:9; Isa 9:6; 45:17; Hab 3:6) At times, as at Psalm 45:6, the words ‛oh·lam′ and ‛adh appear together and may be rendered “age-during, and for ever” (Yg), “age-abiding and beyond” (Ro), and “time indefinite, even forever” (NW).
    Concerning the earth, the psalmist declared: “It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.”—Ps 104:5.

Many translations ignore this difference in words and just translate it as “forever and ever” or simply “forever” as the king james says. Yet, they are two separate words, that have slightly different meanings.

The Hebrew term ne′tsach can also denote everlastingness. Among the ways it may be rendered are “forever” (Job 4:20; 14:20), “perpetually” (Isa 57:16), and “always” (Ps 9:18). Sometimes ne′tsach and ‛oh·lam′ occur in parallel (Ps 49:8, 9), or the terms ne′tsach and ‛adh appear together. (Am 1:11)

All three words are found at Psalm 9:5, 6: “You have rebuked nations . . . Their name you have wiped out to time indefinite [le‛oh·lam′], even forever [wa·‛edh′]. O you enemy, your desolations have come to their perpetual [la·ne′tsach] finish.”

In the Christian Greek Scriptures, the word ai·on′ may denote a time period of indefinite or indeterminate length, a period of remote, but not endless, time. For example, at Luke 1:70 and Acts 3:21 ai·on′ can be rendered “of old,” “of old time,” “in ancient times.” (RS, NW, AT) Often, however, the context suggests that ai·on′ is to be understood to refer to a time period of undefined length because of such period being endless in duration. (Lu 1:55; Joh 6:50, 51; 12:34; 1Jo 2:17) Similarly, the adjective ai·o′ni·os (drawn from ai·on′) can, as is evident from the context, signify both “long lasting” (Ro 16:25; 2Ti 1:9; Tit 1:2) and “everlasting.” (Mt 18:8; 19:16, 29) Another Greek adjective, a·i′di·os, specifically means “eternal” or “everlasting.”—Ro 1:20; Jude 6, NW, RS, AT

Proclaimer
    Participant

Eternity is forever to my understanding.

However if we are given eternal life, then we will live for eternity. But this kind of eternity has a beginning.

God is eternal and he didn't have a beginning.

Eternity or infinite is an interesting concept.

E.g., Try drawing a line between a finite distance.
    Draw 2 points on a page and then draw a line starting from the first point toward the second but stop when you reach half the distance to the second point and stop. Continue again drawing the line for half the remaining distance again and repeat again and again. You will soon realise that it is theoretically possible to do this for eternity, i.e., draw the line toward the last point forever without ever reaching the last point.

The strange thing about it is that this eternal moving line never reaches the second point which is a finite length.

Infinite within a finite?

Even though this is possible in theory, there is an answer to this riddle. If you are interested I will share it.

david
    Participant

Infinite within a finite?

At first it seems a paradox, but math has demonstrated that an infinite series of numbers can add up to a finite number.

So in zeno's paradox, etc, the arrow actually does reach the target, the turtle does actually catch up the rabbit, you can actually escape from the circle, etc.

But I love this paradox. You can always divide a number in half. So it seems you should never ever ever ever ever reach the end.
    If you shot an arrow at a target, it would have to travel half the distance, then it would have 1/4 of the distance left, then 1/8, then 1/16, then 1/32, etc, as it keeps travelling half the distance.
    Since you can always half a number it is hard to wrap your brain around it, because we know the arrow will reach it's target. So what was the last number? There was no last number, really. It's an infinite series of numbers, yet it adds up to an infinite number, 1.

Crazy, I know.

Even though this is possible in theory, there is an answer to this riddle. If you are interested I will share it.

I didn't read this until know or know it was a “riddle.”

If this is a riddle, what is the question?
    And I guess, what is the answer?

charity
    Participant

I am interested t8, please, I hope I can understand

Also thanks david, the height and depth of all things

It’s all fascinating to me

charity

david
    Participant

Here's something that will blow your mind and keep you puzzled for some time, before you decide it's useless.

Consider the next two posts. Usually, they are written with one statement on one side of a card and one statement on the other. I'll use two posts.

david
    Participant

The next post of mine will be absolutely true

david
    Participant

The previous post of mine was false

david
    Participant

I have too much time on my hands.

charity
    Participant

Quote (david @ June 21 2007,15:14)
    I have too much time on my hands.

Same here, I am glad you didn’t leave us in a eternity for that second post to arrive

Have you notice that the song ABCD, AND TWINKLE TWINKLE little star, have the same tune yet?

Proclaimer
    Participant

OK, maybe riddle was the wrong word.

According to scientists, the reason why you cannot go forever and never hit the target is because in Quantum Physics there is a limit called the Planck Length.

In quantum physics the smallest unit of time is the Planck Time and the smallest length is the Planck Length. To measure a smaller length than these is impossible as it would need particles with such great energy that they would be black holes. Smaller than planck length has no meaning in quantum mechanics.

In other words the Planck Length is indivisible and perhaps shows us a limit of our physical universe. Perhaps there is also a limit in the macro too, a number so large that there is no greater number because you move to the next dimension. If so, that could be the other end of the limit to the physical universe.

If the Planck Length is truly an indivisible length, then it could show that even though we are physical beings who live in a physical world, we are able to understand that which is beyond this realm. i.e., our maths go beyond the reality of our physical universe.

In other words we can think outside of the square perhaps because our spirits are not confined nor come from the square.

As someone once said, “How do we know of perfection if we have never seen it?”

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (charity @ June 21 2007,17:12)
    Have you notice that the song ABCD, AND TWINKLE TWINKLE little star, have the same tune yet?

Whoa. I can see a lawsuit.

:D

charity
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 21 2007,17:37)

Quote (charity @ June 21 2007,17:12)

Whoa. I can see a lawsuit.

:D

hehe

one more Riddle
    The fallen angles that taught man kind….
    To use Ink and paper, singing the Alphabet song…..
    Till one day…..
    twinkle, twinkle, morning star was noticed….
    shining brightly from above,
    and, they all wonder who you are…..
    And how you came to shine up above….
    singing a new song,
    with the same tune as us

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account