Dry Bones Shall Live

This topic contains 143 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 3 months ago.

• Author
     Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,373

Nick, I am not certain you are reading everything I say but that is okay.

The human spirit is known as the mind and heart of man, and it is perfect when it has complete faith in God and thus is willing to completely follow God’s will instead of his own imagination and the will of the flesh which is under the powers of death, meaning weakness that draws service to the flesh to keep it alive. This is what it means that death no longer has dominion, it no longer has dominion over the flesh because the flesh cannot die. The body of Jesus was sown in weakness but it was raised in power, so that flesh and bones that Jesus had when he was raised from the dead no longer had death having dominion over it, instead it had the power of eternal life.

The fact that Jesus went to the cross to DIE was his act of PURE faith in God, he conquered the fear of death that is man’s ultimate weakness. Just goes to show how powerful God’s Spirit in man can be. God set the BODY of Jesus FREE, death no longer has dominion over it, it has eternal life.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi Jodi,

The spirit is not the heart and mind.

The mind must be transformed by renewal.

But the human spirit is the life source lent to us by God.

The spirit returns to God at death but the same is not said of the mind.

You seem to be speaking out religious dogmas not from the revealed truth of our God.

The challenge is to find the Spirit of eternal life before the wheel breaks and the bucket falls to the bottom of the well. Ecc 12

The body is of the old creation of earth and must be replaced from above.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,373

A body that God gives eternal life to is a perfect body.

Really Nick you want to say that Jesus when he was raised from the dead was not perfect with God having given him eternal life?

So you do not think that God made Jesus into a perfect human being?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi Jodi,

Yes.

It was bloodless and full of holes.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi Jodi,

The man from heaven now is equipped with a new heavenly body.

Earthly creation has a temporary life frame.

The new creation is spiritual.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,373

Nick that wasn’t very fruitful, I don’t even now what your point was?

So yes?.. you do not believe that God created a perfect human?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi Jodi,

A BODY THAT GOD GIVES ETERNAL LIFE TO IS A PERFECT BODY.

Such is not of the teaching of God but that of men.

A perfect body is not bloodless and damaged.

Salvation of the soul is the end of our faith.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,373

What do you mean by the new creation is “spiritual”, please elaborate?!!

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi Jodi,

Perfection of man is not on the agenda of God.

But that all can be made one in Him in the Lamb who was slain.

His new heavenly body, renewed mind and alive by His Spirit is the plan for us too.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi Jodi,

2 Cor 5.16

Therefore from now on we recognise no one according to the flesh;

even though we have known Christ according to the flesh,

yet now we know him this way no longer.

Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creature;

the old things passed away; behold new things have come.

Do you not know of the new creation?

New body, mind and Spirit just like the Lord Jesus.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi Jodi,

1 Cor 15.42

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It would s sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;

it is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;

it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

But you can not know of the natural earthly body?

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,373

Hi Nick,

Let’s clarify what perfect means we do in fact see that word used in scripture,

perfect -transliterated word Teleios

1. brought to its end, finished
    2. wanting nothing necessary to completeness
    3. perfect
    4. that which is perfect
      1. consummate human integrity and virtue
      2. of men

Nick you said, “Perfection of man is not on the agenda of God.”

You couldn’t be more wrong, it is precisely the agenda of God, as perfection equates to being a man whose human spirit is in complete unity with the Will of God.

Scripture says,

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 19: 21 Jesus said unto him,If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly*; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

Hebrews 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hebrew 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hebrews 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Hebrews 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi Jodi,

Perhaps you misunderstood.

Men are the wayward children of earthly Adam.

They cannot bring themselves to perfection despite their best religious efforts.

God has shown us the perfect man in Jesus, cleansed by obedience to the law and sanctified by the Spirit of grace.

Now salvation for us is by following him into rebirth into union with him and union with His Father.

He is full of grace and truth and in him we have access to the throne of grace.

But we are to believe in God and also in the Son of God.

Relegating the words of Jesus to be lying and deceitful superstition is not acceptable to God.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,373

Nick,

Gehenna is the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned.

Jesus was using a local place where things are burned and reduced to ashes to describe where the wicked go.

Brute beast who know not God but follow their own carnal nature and sin from WITHIN as Jesus says, I Jesus picked a perfect symbol to represent where the wicked go and are reduced to ashes.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,373

Correct statement you gave Nick, “Eternal life is not the natural right of created men but is of the nature of God and those with whom God shares it.”

But having immortality like Adam and Eve did, is not the same as being given immortality for an eternity. They sinned and death entered, before that they did not know death, meaning they did not know aging, they did not know pain, sweat, blood, and tears, illness, disease, etc.. all these things came AFTER they sinned, as sin equals death (which is a package deal with lot’s of things), before that all they knew within their bodies was the LIFE of God, without CURSES.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account