Dry Bones Shall Live

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

The scriptures teach that of the seed of David, a human who is genetically a descendant of David was made into an eternal king. This seed of David as was promised to David by God would die but his FLESH would NOT SEE DECAY, his FLESH would be restored to LIFE and given eternal life.

Jesus still exists with flesh and bones. He was worthy of receiving this eternal life because he knew, as the Holy Spirit taught his spirit, that men who think they can profit from the flesh through following the flesh will only profit death. He was taught by the Spirit that one must have ultimate faith in God and follow His will. A heavenly man, a spiritual man is one whose heart seeks the path of God and follows God with perfect faith.

Here are the scriptures that teach that indeed our eternal king is a MAN with DNA marker that shows he is a descendant of David, and who has eternal life in his flesh and bones.

Through Jesus the dead are raised,

Ezekiel 37: 1 The hand of the LORD was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “Sovereign LORD, you alone know.” 4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’ ” 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. 9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’ ” 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army. 11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’ ”

Jesus himself was raised flesh and bones,

Luke 24: 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Ephesians 5: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Acts 13: 22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:… 29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. 30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. 32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. 35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: 37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Corruption is the DECAY of the body. The body of Jesus did not see decay, it was raised given eternal life and the resurrected Jesus appeared to many in his NEW BODY. 

We see that Jesus will drink fruit from the vine and that an infant will be born and drink from his mother.

Matthew 26: 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.

Luke 22: 30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Isaiah 11: 6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Jesus will drink from the fruit of a vine because God’s elect will plant vineyards.

Isaiah 65: 17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. 20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. 24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Jesus the eternal king, who became our savior, is as promised a man with the marking in his DNA that shows he is a descendant of David,

2 Samuel 22:51  He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.

1 Kings 2:33 Their blood shall therefore return upon the head of Joab, and upon the head of his seed for ever: but upon David, and upon his seed, and upon his house, and upon his throne, shall there be peace for ever from the LORD.

Psalm 18: 50 Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

Revelation 5: 4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. 5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. ..12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

By the recorded observations of men in the inspired scriptures we know that Jesus was raised in his original flesh and bone body, though it was now bloodless. The Lamb had been killed and his blood shed unto water.

That had to happen to fulfil the sign of Jonah and the prophecies of David. His flesh did not corrupt.

Eternal life was not promised to his flesh because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

By faith we know that a new spiritual body awaited him, and awaits us.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick by faith we know that he was resurrected from the dead and given eternal life. He did not undergo another change after that.

The scriptures do indeed leave out blood, but they clearly mention flesh and bones.

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him,Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;

As you know Nick, you have to be born of God to become a heavenly man, flesh and blood does not profit you eternal life, it only profits you death.

Paul was confirming what John had said, he was NOT speaking about in the resurrection you would not be of flesh and blood, his point was that just like in Matthew, flesh and blood does not reveal any truth, all truth comes from God, likewise flesh and blood cannot bring you to inherit eternal life. 

John 6:63 It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

Paul was talking about HOW you inherit your place in God’s Kingdom, not what you will not inherit upon entering the kingdom.

As you also know well Nick this verse,

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him,Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Paul’s words are to be understood I believe like this,

those that are not born again cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

He did not undergo change after his resurrection from the dead?

None that men saw but he was taken up out of his sight.

Dan 7 shows his new body as does his appearance to Paul on the road to Damascus and his return as king in Rev 19.

Wedo not know what we will be like(but you do?) but we will be like to him according to John. He will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of his glory as kphil 3 tells us.

But folks are so reliant on what they can see.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

The body of Jesus is rejoined to his blood at the table of the Lord.

Those that eat his flesh and drink his blood come together as one in his Body at the table.

Just as he is in eternal spiritual union with His Father so also those whose faith is in the Spirit and not the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Nathan was wakened from sleep by the witch of Endor. His body had corrupted like that of David, but he was conscious and aware and seemed to have normal mentation and recall. Likewise the anointed men, Moses and Elijah were awake in the Spirit and conversed with Jesus  in Matt 17. There is much we can learn about those of God who sleep in death. The natural body is not necessary to life in the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Jodi, was talking about, SOUL, A SOUL equals a “flesh body” with spirit in it”, a human soul can not exist without a body. Why do you think it says. “GOD can desroty “both” body and soul in the grave”, IS this not talking about a body with spirit in it? A soul, rather a man or any animal is a body, when it dies the spirit in that living soul, goes back to God who gave it in the first place, that SOUL no longer exists.

We know the spirit stays alive returning to God who gave it, but that SOUL, the body, HAS NO COGNATE THOUGHTS ITSELF, IT IS INDEED DEAD, EXACTLY AS SCRIPTURE SAYS, AND STAYS THAT WAY UNTIL “IT” THE BODY IS RESERECTED and even then is still dead until the spirit of life is added back into it and then it becomes a living soul again.

IF A BODY WAS NOT NEED TO BE A LIVING SOUL AGAIN, and THE DEAD ARN’T DEAD, THEN WHY EVEN HAVE A “RESURECTION” OF “THE DEAD”, it would make no sense to have a resurection of the body, would it?

There is not a single man who exists alive, without a body, before he dies, or after he died and was resurected back to life AGAIN WITHOUT A BODY.

God did not create us to be spirits simply drifting about in arid or dry places, seeking rest, all spirits want bodies to dwell in.

Tell me why would you even want to be a spirit, without a body to dwell in, IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Peace and love to you and yours. ….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Nick stay with me here, you are really reaching for something that is just truly not there,

In Daniel it is a vision of fantastic imagery where he speaks of beasts and describes them as different animals, but then tells us these images represent human kings. You really think with all that, in his vision he suddenly goes off course and give us a LITERAL view of what Jesus looks like?  No brother, I don’t buy it. This would be the same for any description we get in Revelation as well, as it is also filled with the same imagery.

When God promised of the seed of David He would not allow the holy one’s body to see corruption, I believe it!! The DNA of Jesus a genetic code, is now programmed with immortality, instead of cells deteriorating they stay full of life.  That code also gives you your eye color, hair color, facial features, as well as your character! As your character changes it is written in your DNA, the perfection of Jesus is written in his DNA. God gave immortality back to human DNA!

Nick believe as the scripture clearly states, as was prophesied, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption,

Jesus was begotten into an immortal body on the DAY of his resurrection. .

Adam and Eve had immortal bodies, but their minds were ignorant and lacked faith in God as they believed a lie over God, and when they broke His law they were changed into mortal bodies. Jesus was perfected in his mind and character, he had ultimate faith, his body was given the same life within it that Adam and Eve original had before the fall, the only difference is that the perfected mind in an immortal body cannot ever fall, and thus his immortal body has immortality for an eternity.

29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. 30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. 32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. 35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Many people saw the resurrected body of Jesus they are witnesses that the GREAT DAY as was promised did in fact occur. They saw Jesus however they  MOST CERTAINLY had no IDEA from merely LOOKING at him how it FELT and what it was LIKE to have immortality.

By LOOKING at Jesus that did not give them any idea as to what they would really be like.

So your point about people being so reliant on what they see seems hypocritical because you seem to be relying on a vision of imagery from Daniel of what Jesus looks like and denying the word given to us in Acts, that Jesus was begotten on the day he was raised, and was seen by others being a witness to the promise, and then they watched that promise ascend to heaven as was also promised.  

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…I see it like Jodi does also brother.

Peace and love to you and yours. ….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Do you have the right to define what is real and indicative of the truth from scripture?

Jesus appeared to Paul on the way to Damascus but a battered, torn and bloodless body was not seen.

Neither do I expect the glorious returning King to be still wearing the body that Thomas probed with his hands.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Yes I know that is what you have always believed but I do not think it is the truth.

Neither do I believe spirits are intellects just because you say so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Why do you say Adam had eternal life?

Scripture rather says he could have had it if he had eaten of the tree of life.

Eternal life is not the natural right of created men but is of the nature of God and those with whom God shares it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Job 33.4

‘The Spirit of God has made me.’

References to creation by Jesus Christ are references to the Spirit in him.

Jb 33.6

‘Behold I belong to God like you; I too have been formed out of the clay.’

As flesh we are of earth but flesh is not our hope.

Jb 33.4

‘And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.’

Our soul and spirit are not of the Spirit of God but given of His breath.

Jb 33.28

’He has redeemed my soul from going to the pit and my life shall see the light’

Salvation of the soul is the fruit of our faith.

Flesh contributes nothing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You misquote Matt 10 .28.

The Lake Of Fire- Gehenna- is not the GRAVE.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

The second death or Gehenna is the risk for those who are not reborn into Christ Jesus.

The final judgement is of works, and only good works towards the brother of Christ are relevant.

It is best to have passed over from death to life and be clothed in the new body of promise, like to his one.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK…The flesh can live forever, SCRIPTURE SAYS CLEARLY ADAM COULD HAVE, JUST AS HE WAS, by eating of the tree of life, and it was certainly in the garden for them to eat from, untill God stopped them from eating from it.

No scripture say Adam or Eve was going to die, “unless” they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. So obviously they were originally created to live the way they were created for ever, with the bodies they had, a body that could keep regenerating itself. Even God himself said they could have, right?

If God wanted us to be spirits being why make us physical being in the first place? I believe God wants us to live in bodies like houses, so he can also live with us for ever, so he dan be “in” all and “through” all. Now if we were to be just spirits without bodies then how could he “live” “IN” US, AND WHY EVEN HAVE US HOPE IN A RESURECTION OF A BODY? why “Redeem” our bodies for, why is “IT” sown and “IT” raised for?

You get my point Nick.

peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You presume that the body of Adam could have lasted forever.

It is not written

Spirits without bodies?

Nonsense.

The new spiritual body like the glorious one of our Master is the hope.

Phil 3.3

For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Nick,

NOPE I specifically said that he had an immortal body, that is NOT the same as eternal life with an immortal body.

Death was brought in after they sinned, did they DIE right then and there, NO, but they did begin to grow old, they did begin to experience pain, they did become able to get sick,  and then they did eventually die.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Nick,

What are you taking about? Acts 9 says that Saul ONLY heard Jesus’s voice, it specifically says he did not see him. If he did see him why on earth would you think that he had a torn battered body? He didn’t have one when he was raised from the dead, he had a body that was healed and that had eternal life.

Nick God has the power to heal the body, even in mortals God programmed us to heal from wounds. The scripture directly says that God did not ALLOW the body of Jesus to decay, he raised it to immortality for an eternity, and therefore his wounds would obviously be healed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Where does scripture say he had an immortal body?

Where does it say Adam experienced pain and sickness before his death at over 900 years?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account