Doubt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

I believe you knew Nick was referring to God, right, dk?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Patience DK,
    Fulfill the righteous demands of God and you will find
    1 Corinthians 14:33
    For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace…

Participant

Hi:

Just have a burning question to ask all who have been discussing the scriptures who are now doubtng that the Word of God is true, and the question is, if you received the Holy Ghost, it was on the condition that you believe the testimony of God that He gave His only begotten Son to be the proptiation for your sins, and you came to God with a repentant heart confessing Jesus as your Lord, and by water baptism, do you now believe that this true, and if not how can you deny that it is, if you have received the Holy Ghost?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 19 2008,06:42)
    Hi not3,
    Yes with one Author.

:laugh:

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 19 2008,07:05)
    So you were referring to the Bible, Mandy?
    Like Nick says.

Georg

:laugh: :laugh:

Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 19 2008,06:28)
    Mandy

You misunderstood, I was not talking about a collection of books, I was talking about the Word of God, the Bible; neither was I judging you.
    I too have several translation, and yes, there is one or the other that makes my eyebrows go up, but that doesn't cause me to doubt the overall message.  

Georg

Hi Georg:

I agree with you here. It is the overall message that matters. There are various scribal errors in the bible, and there may have been also some tampering with some scriptures to make them coincide with doctrines such as the trinity, and there may be some hard things to understand in the OT, but that does not change God's message to humanity, and that is that He loves us, and that HE has shown us His love for us in the person of His Son and His Christ, Our Lord Jesus.

Participant

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Clearly you have been overcome by doubts and now hide in the shadows of those who missed the messiah.
    But why do you want to spread your doubts?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Doubt is the enemy.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2010,15:41)
    Hi,
    Doubt is the enemy.

nick

you right doubt is the enemy for all individual Christians,

there are many so called Christians in different denomination,

but how many i have seen that they will pick there leaders definition of scriptures over what it is said in the bible,this way they have proven by there action that they do not believe the scriptures,

how many are that like to be in the company of Christians because of there moral ways, this is also wrong ,bad reason to be Christian ,
    the true reason to become a Christian should be the love for God ,for his truth,for the actions he took to save us,

many who claim to be Christians will not enter the first resurrection.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 23 2010,10:16)

Hi,
    Doubt is the enemy.

nick

but how many i have seen that they will pick there leaders definition of scriptures over what it is said in the bible,this  way they have proven by there action that they do not believe the scriptures,

how many are that like to be in the company of Christians because of there moral ways, this is also wrong ,bad reason to be Christian ,
    the true reason to become a Christian should be the love for God ,for his truth,for the actions he took to save us,

Pierre

Pierre!  You do know that Nick deos not come here no longer and post, right????  June 22 was the last post He made.  Also Mandy has come just to visit and left again too.  
    But you are right…. Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Oct. 23 2010,17:23)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 23 2010,10:16)

Hi,
    Doubt is the enemy.

nick

but how many i have seen that they will pick there leaders definition of scriptures over what it is said in the bible,this  way they have proven by there action that they do not believe the scriptures,

Pierre

Pierre!  You do know that Nick deos not come here no longer and post, right????  June 22 was the last post He made.  Also Mandy has come just to visit and left again too.  
    But you are right…. Peace and Love Irene

Irene

i know but it is to answer to the comment

Pierre

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The problem with doubts is that if you let them on board your vessel your faith can be shipwrecked.[1tim 1.19]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2012,16:57)
    Hi,
    The problem with doubts is that if you let them on board your vessel your faith can be shipwrecked.[1tim 1.19]

N

1Ti 1:15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.
    1Ti 1:16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.
    1Ti 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
    1Ti 1:18 Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight,
    1Ti 1:19 holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith.

we can shipwreck our faith by believing in lies,or having doubts about the word of God being the WORD S of God,in those two cases we miss the truth of God

1TI 5:22 Do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others; keep yourself free from sin.

1Ti 3:9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience.
    1Ti 3:10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.(teachers)

1Ti 4:9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance
    1Ti 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.
    1Ti 4:11 Command and teach these things.

1Jn 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
    1Jn 1:3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
    1Jn 1:4 We write this to make our joy complete.

Walking in the Light

1Jn 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
    1Jn 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
    1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
    1Jn 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

if we walk with Christ and his father and DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE WORDS HE HAS GIVEN US then how can we claim that we have the light of truth ??? we can't because we are then still in the dark ,we have to BELIEVE AND HOPE THIS IS WHAT FAITH HIS.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jn 9

As he passed by He saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him

’Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?’

Jesus answered

’It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so the works of God might be displayed in him. We must work the works of Him Who sent me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work. While I am in the world I am the light of the world’

When he had said this he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to his eyes, and said to him

’Go and wash in the pool of Siloam’ (which is translated sent)

So he went away and washed, and came back seeing. Therefore his neighbours, and those who previously saw him as a beggar, were saying,

’Is this not the one who used to sit and beg’

Others were saying,

’ This is he’

Still others were saying

’No, but he is like him’

He was saying

’I am the one’

So they were saying to him,

‘How then were your eyes opened? ‘

He answered,

’The man who is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes and said to me

’Go away and wash; so I went away and washed, and I received sight’

They said to him

’Where is he?’

He said

’I do not know.’

They brought to the Pharisees the man who was formerly blind. Now it was a sabbath on the day that Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes. Then the pharisees also were asking him again how he received his sight. And he said to them

’He applied clay to my eyes, and I washed, and I see’

Therefore some of the Pharisees were saying,

’This man is not from God, because he does not keep the sabbath’

But others were saying

’How can a man who is a sinner perform such signs?’

And there was a division among them. So they said to the blind man again,

’What do you say about him, since he opened your eyes?’

And he said

’He is a prophet’

The jews did not believe it of him, that he had been born blind and had received sight, until they called the parents of the very one who had received his sight, and questioned them, saying,

’Is this your son, who you say was born blind? How does he now see?’

His parents answered them and said

’We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind; but how he now sees we do not know; or who opened his eyes, we do not know. Ask him, he is of age, he will speak for himself’

His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jews; for the Jews had already agreed that if anyone confessed him to be Christ, he was to be put out of the synagogue. For this reason his parents said

’He is of age, ask him’

So for a second time they called the man who had been born blind, and said to him,

‘Give glory to God. We know this man is a sinner’

He then answered,

’Whether he is a sinner, I do not know; one thing I do know, that though I was blind , now I see’

So they said to him

’What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?’

He answered them

’I told you already and you did not listen, why do you want to hear it again? You do not want to become his disciples do you?’

They reviled him and said

’You are his disciple, but we are disciples of Moses. We know that God has spoken to Moses, but as for this man, we do not know where he is from’

The man answered and said to them

’Well here is an amazing thing, that you do not know where he is from, and yet he opened my eyes. We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is godfearing and does His will, He hears him. Since the beginning of time it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a person born blind. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing’

They answered him

’You were born entirely in sins, and you are teaching us?’

So they put him out.

Jesus heard they had put him out, and finding him, he said,

’Do you believe in the son of man?’

He answered

’Who is he, Lord, that I might believe in him?”

Jesus said to him,

’You have both seen him, and he is the one who is talking with you.’

And he said,

’Lord I believe’

And he worshiped him.

The classic conflict between faith and doubt.

Simple faith and religious faith.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

So people first believed what their eyes saw, a man who could see.

They found conflict in what they had seen previously and the current situation.

They doubted if it was the same man and they sought information about what had happened.

They preferred their religious knowledge to the evidence of the miracle of God that was plainly visible.

They used their inadequate knowledge of scripture to foolishly judge the vessel used by God.

They teachers had to be taught by a simple man about miracles and faith in God.

The sign that they had demanded had become useless to them.

God must had laughed at their reaction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

It was an unusual miracle using the dust of earth to bring healing.

I wonder if this related to a reCREATION.

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account