Doubt

This topic contains 77 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     dirtyknections 
    • Topics started 21
    • Total replies 1,026

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,04:16)
    Hi DK,
    Personal journey sorry.
    Why turn back as you have the essentials do you not?

No turning back..just a continous chopping down of the unnecessary foliage blocking the path of truth

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi DK,
    Truth is shown by the Spirit of Truth.
    In Scripture and hopefully eventually in us.

2Peter 1
    19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 14:17
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

dirtyknections 
    • Topics started 21
    • Total replies 1,026

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,05:37)
    Hi DK,
    Truth is shown by the Spirit of Truth.
    In Scripture and hopefully eventually in us.  

2Peter 1
    19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 14:17
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

what is truth?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi dk,
    Is Pilate on your team?
    He said that.

Jesus said to God in Jn17.
    'Your Word is truth”

dirtyknections 
    • Topics started 21
    • Total replies 1,026

truth is relative to our perspective…REAL TRUTH…does changed based on changing perspectives….it behooves us to find these truths

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi DK,
    So every man's perspective is valid?
    That certainly would make truth hard to find.

Scripture is of God and is greater than us.

dirtyknections 
    • Topics started 21
    • Total replies 1,026

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,05:53)
    Hi DK,
    So every man's perspective is valid?
    That certainly would make truth hard to find.

Scripture is of God and is greater than us.

valid? Only to the one proposing the perspective…

Real Truth…remains regardless of perspective…I have an idea about what it is related to GOD….but I will share it later

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

Hi DK,
    A fine philosophy.
    But Scripture, if you can accept it, puts a plain perspective.

meerkat 
    • Topics started 4
    • Total replies 547

Quote (dirtyknections @ Dec. 17 2008,05:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,04:16)
    Hi DK,
    Personal journey sorry.
    Why turn back as you have the essentials do you not?

No turning back..just a continous chopping down of the unnecessary foliage blocking the path of truth

DK

I like that!!

Not3in1 
    • Topics started 14
    • Total replies 6,698

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,04:13)
    GB,
    No your words do not reflect scripture so we have to untangle them.
    They come from your intellect it seems.

I don't agree.

I find a lot of what Gene offers to be very scriptural and quite frankly, good words to those who are searching AND finding.

You just don't happen to agree with him, Nick. That doesn't mean he's wrong, or only speaking from his intellect. :;):

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,431

Mandy……Nick thinks if he quotes it that means he understands it , nothing could be further from the truth, we can all parrot Jesus and not even understand one thing He meant. When ever something is explained He attaches words, like “YOUR INTELLECT”or “WORLDLY WISDOM”, or “YOUR WORD DO NO REELECT SCRIPTURE” , like he would Know right?. What he really is doing is covering His lack of understanding of Scriptures. But i still love and respect his right to (HIS) opinions.

love and peace to you and yours Mandy…………………gene

Not3in1 
    • Topics started 14
    • Total replies 6,698

Good morning, Gene.

I think that both perspectives are good to compare, if it can be done respectfully. I have personally really enjoyed your posts lately. We know there are other's that read here who find relief in your words as well.

Press on,
    Mandy

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,431

Mandy………I know i don't have everything right all the time, but i do try to grow in understanding of GOD'S words and seek it. I will press on there is no where else to go. I love all that seek God and Jesus trying to be part of the Kingdom of GOD. One day we will (ALL) be in the UNITY of the FAITH.

Thanks for your kind words they do encourage me to continue……….love to you and yours………………..gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,446

GB,
    You boast of superior understandings again yet prefer the intellect to the Spirit?

Participant
    • Topics started 13
    • Total replies 7,574

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account