Does understanding prophecy matter?

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

I think everyone here is in agreement Jesus will come again but the but all interpret the signs we are told will appear first differently.

The signs are hard to interpret as in some cases many things fit them as they are the same type and yet they not necessary the occurrence of that type mentioned in Scripture.

The woman in Revelations 12 seems to me to be the church and the teachings there in as it explains to me why the desolation I see to day and the lack of an organization that has a sound teaching.

The evidence of my eyes seems to show that the woman is still in hiding in her place and her children are still being persecuted.

I cannot trust my eyes so I may be incorrect. I may simply lack crucial information.

Wakeup
    Participant

Kerwin.

The church can not be the Woman.
    Because the woman was before creation.
    There was no church before creation.
    There was no earth, before creation.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,

Are you making assumptions that they are the same woman?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wakeup……Have you ever thought that the women in revelations with the twelve stars was a depiction of the nation of ISRAEL. ISRAEL had twelve tribes, and JESUS came forth from the tribe of JUDAH, which is one of the tribes 12 tribes of ISRAEL, the one that brought forth the man child JESUS.

JUST throwing this out there, not saying it is right, just the way i understood it. I also believe that GOD PROVIDED A WAY FOR ISRAEL TO ESCAPE from their captures (the ancient assurians) through Saxony GERMANY who became known as the ANGLO SAXSONS WHICH ARE THE lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL, The other three tribes, of BENGIMAN, LEVE, AND JUDAH, joined them later when the ROMANS CAME IN and drove them off, they went after ISRAEL. I think that the UNITED STATES AND GREAT BRITAN, AND AUSTRAILUA AND CANADA, NEW ZELAND, WERE THE AREA MOST WENT TO, THESE WERE CONSIDERED WILDERNESS AREAS OF THE WORLD AT THE TIME, and THERE THEY ESCAPE THE FLOOD OF SATAN INSPIRED ROMAN EMPIRE, who seeked TO DESTORY THEM. BUT GOD MADE A WAY INTO THESE WILDERNESSES TO ESCAPE THEM, UNTILL THIS VERY DAY.

Again this is just the way i see it, i am not preaching it as any doctrine, just what seems to fit my reasionings, i could be wrong.

WAKEUP, some of the thing you are asking us to believe has very little scriptural backup brother.IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

I can use the persona of a woman to symbolize more than one thing. Given Scripture uses it to symbolize Wisdom then I agree it was there before the beginning of creation.

I believe that Revelations 12 uses the woman to symbolize the nations of the children of Israel/the church and everything that composes that idea.

That does not mean I believe Wisdom and the church are the same idea.

Devolution
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

Scripture disagrees.

The only group that escapes the sword is the 144 000 .. period.

What is the explanation re what happened to the multitudes of SAINTS (the GENERATION of saints living when the false prophet stood up) in that chapter 7?

They were BEHEADED for their TESTIMONY .. THEY came out of great TRIBULATION .. THEY had to WASH their robes in the Lamb’s blood even though they were ALREADY BELIEVERS (professing Christians) ..

That is .. visited by the SWORD.

YES .. God’s PROMISES of protecting His SAINTS from terror / sword etc IS still in place even NOW .. UNTIL .. UNTIL .. UNTIL the great TEST comes.

We can not extend those promises of safety into the period of TESTING by FIRE of God’s saints.

This is not the “promised to be kept safe from the sword” period .. this is the “prove your lip service to me” period .. the WEEDING OUT stage.

Thanks.

Devolution
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

One more thing .. admittedly there is obviously a percentage of saints still alive at the coming who did not get the chop .. but this group would also be amongst the 1% not affected by the sword (yet are probably being used as slave labour) because 144 000 out of millions is not even 1% .. be something like . 00something of a percent. (just in case you think I am unaware of certain prophecies)

Thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Devo,

Have you not been beheaded for your testimony?

Is Jesus not your HEAD?

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account