Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 16 2010,09:16)
    1Cr 15:40   [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.

Hi JA,

I liked your poem.  Good work.  And I understand you thinking Paul was only talking about the risen Jesus and the risen elect, or saints.

But Irene's quote of 1 Cor 15:40 clearly indicates that Paul is speaking of bodies – with an “s”. Maybe that's what she was pointing out.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 16 2010,09:46)
    God is spirit. It doesn't say that he has a spirit body as far as I know.

One reason that no one can see God is because he is eternal and is spirit. Whereas, Jesus is the image of the invisible God in BODILY form. By reason of being contained in a visible body makes one visible. If you were an eternal spirit, then how is that visible? He is invisible.

Is this what you believe Mike?

Hi t8,

For once, I'm on board with Gene.  Just because a “body” is invisible to humans does not mean there is not a body present.  Gene gave the example of Elisha asking God to let his servant see the army of angels ready to protect them from the soldiers from Aram.  So these separate angels in separate bodies were right there all along – even though at first they were invisible to Elisha's servant.

This is my logic, for I know nothing concrete about this:

If there isn't a barrier or “body” that separates one spirit being from another, then the heavens would be full of a never ending link of spirit conjoined together.  If Gabriel doesn't have a “body”, then how is he known as a different angel than Michael?  There has to be something that encompasses what is the being of Michael and separates him as an individual, right?

I feel the same about God.  If there is no “barrier” to separate what IS God from what IS NOT God, then all is God.  And we know that can't be because that would mean God is the keyboard I'm typing this on.  And the socks I'm wearing.  And the spider I just squished.  

Do you see what I'm saying?  It's confusing for me too, but if that spider is not God Himself, then there is something separating what IS the being of God from that spider.  Wouldn't that “outer perimeter” be a body of sorts?

mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 15 2010,15:13)
    What God has created has to be “outside” of God, or the creation would actually BE the Creator, right?  

mike

Hi Mike,

How do you reconcile your words with Matt.10:29…
    Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing?
    and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 15 2010,15:21)
    Kerwin……….

but they have to have bodies of some kind.

peace and love……………………….gene

Hi Gene,

No-where in Scripture does it say that they do,
    yet you choose to believe this is the case?

And in like manner, here in an opposite…

The Bible does, however, say that there is “Free Will”,
    but you choose not to believe this. Why is that?

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Just Askin,

Scripture does not say heaven is an ethereal.  What it does say is even one with corrupt flesh may visit either in person or in vision, i.e. spirit.

Please study 2 Corinthians 2 to 4 with me.

In verses 2 to 3 we hear of a man who visits the third heaven.  Paul, a man being carried along by the Spirit at the time, writes that he does not know if it was done physically or not.  God thus informs us that a human being still in their corrupt flesh can visit heaven either in body or out.

In verse 4 we are informed paradise is in the third heaven. Who believes the Garden of Eden is ethereal.  Do they also believe Adam and Eve were ethereal beings before their fall?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…………Yes even that Spider you killed had spirit in it or it could not live, all life has spirit (a working intellect) in it. And it all comes from ONE GOD that is in ALL things. There is not such thing as a SPIRIT BODY, there is SPIRIT (IN) BODIES, even Angels have bodies , the only thing that can live outside and inside a body is GOD because GOD (IS) Spirit that composes ALL life. Spirit is the working intelligence or power that drives all life from a one celled amoeba to a giant whale and life is produced and maintained by spirit, spirit is life. “The word i am telling you (ARE) Spirit and (ARE) Life”.

The combining of Spirit in a Body (Matter) is a SOUL, A living beings rather man or animal no difference , just the amount and Kind of Spirit in it. IMO

peace and love……………………………………gene

JustAskin
    Participant

All,
    Spirit does not have a Body but it does have a Form.

To see this you need to think in the spirit, not as flesh. Flesh is body to retain its shape, or form…because it has a shape made of chemical elements it cannot move through other elements that may react adversely.
    A wall of bricks does not allow flesh to pass through as the brick elements are tighter packed than flesh.
    Water, the flesh can go through water because the flesh is tighter packed than water.
    The flesh cannot pass [slowly] through fire because the energy given out by the fire over energies the flesh elements and breaks their bonds and also causes adverse coalesing and radiating of excessive energy from some of those elements (Burning).

A Spirit is not composed of chemical elements, it is not 'water', it is not 'air' or wind…these are human comparisons, analogies (e.g. The wind blows where it wills)

Spirit is like 'Thought'…with 'thought' you can be where you will, do as you will, be as you will.
    Jesus desired to be in the room with the Disciples, so he was…but it was in Spirit that his FORM entered there and he 'materialised a body' from the chemical elements, 'the Dust of the earth'.
    In the opposite way, he 'dematerialised' his body when he ascended into heaven, the disciples standing watching saw him go up and just 'dis-appear'.

So, how can a Spirit just appear where where it will…? Simple,..because it is not bounded by the physical, distance, place or time…dimensions.

I outlined this before…how many took any notice. Mike poo pooed it…

A single dimension is a single line element.
    Two dimension is area, length and width.
    Three dimension is Cube, length, width, Depth.
    Four dimensions is Cube with time.
    Five dimensions is cube, time and place.
    Increase to understandable taste.

In 1D, an element can only move along, left or right along the length of the dimension.
    2D, an element can move around a flat surface area, it has no concept of 'Up'…Stuart is one such element, a 'Flatlander' is the term used.
    3D, move left, right, up, down…float, jump, run, dive…

but really none of the movements so far described are possible without a missing dimensional aspect, 'Time'.
    At any point in 'Time' the element can only be in one location, one position. Only with the passing of a 'tick' of time, a moment…can the element move from one positiin to another. Speed up the 'ticks' the moments and the element displays 'motion', movement.
    4D, see last statement…
    5D, …the same element can be in a single other place…at the same time..aka, Schroedinger's cat…
    See? back to the 'one dimension' line, single element in single place, now single element in multiple place.
    Now, expand, 6D, Multiple single elements in many places at many times….
    Choose any one of those places, your choice…and that is where you are…inside a room, under water, in a fire, on top of an exploding vulcano….because it is only your 'thought', your 'essence', your 'intelligence' that is there, there is nothing for the surrounding adverse environment that can affect you. A wall is no barrier, in fact, it's not even something you, as spirit, would even think about. You just decide where you want to be … And you are there.
    Then, if you so desire, you can 'make' a body (Angels can materialise humanlike bodies and fill it with their 'thought', their essence, their intelligence…and Power…which is Pure unfettered Energy, awesome raw energy) gather a physical elements, humans are only chemical elements fashioned in a precise manner, easily copied by intelligent spirit creatures. Note, only the body, not the spirit in the body….

So, what is the body that encompasses a Spirit…only the level of dimension that they can rise to.

In the upper dimensions a 'body' is an encumberance. You cannot move around with a body…that is why Jesus says, 'Flesh and blood cannot enter heaven'…Schroedinger's Cat does not exist in multiple places, only one, but it can be in any one place at ANY time…so it can..disappear, and reappear, at will.
    It cannot appear in time though, it cannot be dead today and alive tomorrow, it's still time linear…when it was a kitten, it was in the past…it cannot go back…

Now, a higher dimension, 7D, that Spirit can be in any place, in any time, n many places at the same time, in ALL places at the same time, in ALL places, at ALL times, this is God's Dimension…hence…Omnipresent….
    When Jesus returns, it is said, 'Every eye will see him'.

Now how is this possible, if he appears in Body? But, if he appears in Spirit, a Spirit Body, then he can be in all places on Earth at the same time, a lower dimension and visible to man, the Power of the Spirit body being evident to all on earth. The bounding of the spirit in an awesome worldwide body is not like a human bounded body for a human body is in an even lower dimension that is bounded by time, and place, to the 4d level.

shimmer
    Participant

Wow. JA, that was good. Theres so much we dont know. All we know is what we have here. So much you see though. You have amazing insight into these things.

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Shimmer,

I only posted this for 'Thomas Mike'. I wrote this all before but no one understands. They don't even begin to understand what being in Spirit is otherwise this thread would not have come about.

Mike struggles to see past the flesh and that is why he cannot understand the three different versions of 'Son of God' and why he thinks that Spirits can Procreate. Yet he cannot produce a single verse, nay, nit even a hint, from Scriptures of a 'Procreation by the Spirit'…why, simple, there is no such verse nor hint of such, because there is no such thing.
    He cannot understand 'Begotten' because he thinks of 'begotten' in the flesh sense…same as procreation.
    See that when Jesus is speaking he does so from the aspect of Spirit, and that is why so many times the listeners do not understand him, 'Why do you not understand my mode of Speech' because he speaks of the things of heaven, and they speak of the things of the earth.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J.

Have you considered 2 Corinthians 2 to 4. I do in my last post to Just Askin. Do you see any errors in what I learned from those verses?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 17 2010,14:28)
    All,
    Spirit does not have a Body but it does have a Form.

To see this you need to think in the spirit, not as flesh. Flesh is body to retain its shape, or form…because it has a shape made of chemical elements it cannot move through other elements that may react adversely.
    A wall of bricks does not allow flesh to pass through as the brick elements are tighter packed than flesh.
    Water, the flesh can go through water because the flesh is tighter packed than water.
    The flesh cannot pass [slowly] through fire because the energy given out by the fire over energies the flesh elements and breaks their bonds and also causes adverse coalesing and radiating  of excessive energy from some of those elements (Burning).

A Spirit is not composed of chemical elements, it is not 'water', it is not 'air' or wind…these are human comparisons, analogies (e.g. The wind blows where it wills)

Spirit is like 'Thought'…with 'thought' you can be where you will, do as you will, be as you will.
    Jesus desired to be in the room with the Disciples, so he was…but it was in Spirit that his FORM entered there and he 'materialised a body' from the chemical elements, 'the Dust of the earth'.
    In the opposite way, he 'dematerialised' his body when he ascended into heaven, the disciples standing watching saw him go up and just 'dis-appear'.

So, how can a Spirit just appear where where it will…? Simple,..because it is not bounded by the physical, distance, place or time…dimensions.

I outlined this before…how many took any notice. Mike poo pooed it…

A single dimension is a single line element.
    Two dimension is area, length and width.
    Three dimension is Cube, length, width, Depth.
    Four dimensions is Cube with time.
    Five dimensions is cube, time and place.
    Increase to understandable taste.

In 1D, an element can only move along, left or right along the length of the dimension.
    2D, an element can move around a flat surface area, it has no concept of 'Up'…Stuart is one such element, a 'Flatlander' is the term used.
    3D, move left, right, up, down…float, jump, run, dive…

but really none of the movements so far described are possible without a missing dimensional aspect, 'Time'.
    At any point in 'Time' the element can only be in one location, one position. Only with the passing of a 'tick' of time, a moment…can the element move from one positiin to another. Speed up the 'ticks' the moments and the element displays 'motion', movement.
    4D, see last statement…
    5D, …the same element can be in a single other place…at the same time..aka, Schroedinger's cat…
    See? back to the 'one dimension' line, single element in single place, now single element in multiple place.
    Now, expand, 6D, Multiple single elements in many places at many times….
    Choose any one of those places, your choice…and that is where you are…inside a room, under water, in a fire, on top of an exploding vulcano….because it is only your 'thought', your 'essence', your 'intelligence' that is there, there is nothing for the surrounding adverse environment that can affect you. A wall is no barrier, in fact, it's not even something you, as spirit, would even think about. You just decide where you want to be … And you are there.
    Then, if you so desire, you can 'make' a body (Angels can materialise humanlike bodies and fill it with their 'thought', their essence, their intelligence…and Power…which is Pure unfettered Energy, awesome raw energy) gather a physical elements, humans are only chemical elements fashioned in a precise manner, easily copied by intelligent spirit creatures. Note, only the body, not the spirit in the body….

So, what is the body that encompasses a Spirit…only the level of dimension that they can rise to.

In the upper dimensions a 'body' is an encumberance. You cannot move around with a body…that is why Jesus says, 'Flesh and blood cannot enter heaven'…Schroedinger's Cat does not exist in multiple places, only one, but it can be in any one place at ANY time…so it can..disappear, and reappear, at will.
    It cannot appear in time though, it cannot be dead today and alive tomorrow, it's still time linear…when it was a kitten, it was in the past…it cannot go back…

Now, a higher dimension, 7D, that Spirit can be in any place, in any time, n many places at the same time, in ALL places at the same time, in ALL places, at ALL times, this is God's Dimension…hence…Omnipresent….
    When Jesus returns, it is said, 'Every eye will see him'.

Now how is this possible, if he appears in Body? But, if he appears in Spirit, a Spirit Body, then he can be in all places on Earth at the same time, a lower dimension and visible to man, the Power of the Spirit body being evident to all on earth. The bounding of the spirit in an awesome worldwide body is not like a human bounded body for a human body is in an even lower dimension that is bounded by time, and place, to the 4d level.

AJ

you say many things but Paul say that there are spiritual body's is it this that you try to explain???

Pierre

JustAskin
    Participant

Terra, you have become like a stone.
    Why do you think things are called 'Spirit', like Alcohol, like Marsh gas, like the Wind…what body does the Holy Spirit have…?

Spirits are able to go where they will precisely because they do not have bodies…they are 'all invasive'.

When they want to be seen they materialise physical bodies, from dust…or gas…Spirits are pure energy…and matter, physical matter, is compressed energy…what happens when you take a 'Large Hadron Collider' and put the smallest of elements into it…do you not get enough energy to power a lighthouse for a year? ok exaggerated.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 16 2010,15:43)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 15 2010,15:13)
    What God has created has to be “outside” of God, or the creation would actually BE the Creator, right?  

mike

Hi Mike,

How do you reconcile your words with Matt.10:29…
    Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing?
    and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

God bless

NIV Matt 10:29
    Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.

Besides Ed, what are you saying? That the ground IS the Father? ???

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 17 2010,02:55)
    Mike…………Yes even that Spider you killed had spirit in it or it could not live, all life has spirit (a working intellect) in it. And it all comes from ONE GOD that is in ALL things.

No Gene, the spider is not God. All things live because of the spirit God GAVE them. But that is not to say that all things are God.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 17 2010,08:13)
    Hi Shimmer,

I only posted this for 'Thomas Mike'. I wrote this all before but no one understands.

I didn't read it. It looked too long, and your first sentence had you claiming something as fact that you can only guess about.

I have no room in my brain for “the world according to JA”. Post scriptures that support what you say, and I will gladly read your long posts. :)

Will you ignore 1 Cor 15 like you do Col 1:16?

Please post some of 1 Cor 15 along with your reasons it is NOT saying spirits have bodies.

Scriptures JA. Not your imagination. That's what will win out every time.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 17 2010,08:13)
    Mike struggles to see past the flesh and that is why he cannot understand the three different versions of 'Son of God' and why he thinks that Spirits can Procreate. Yet he cannot produce a single verse, nay, nit even a hint, from Scriptures of a 'Procreation by the Spirit'…why, simple, there is no such verse nor hint of such, because there is no such thing.

You're right again JA.  Wow, how did you get to be so smart?

What?  Wait a minute, God is talking to me.

Oh, I was told to point out that angels are spirit, angels clearly PROCREATED with human women, and the Nephilim were the result of said PROCREATION.

Sorry, you almost had me ready to take your imagination over the words of scripture. :)

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

JA:

Why do you think things are called 'Spirit', like Alcohol, like Marsh gas, like the Wind

Now who's looking at things with eyes of flesh?

JA:

When they want to be seen they materialise physical bodies,

What scripture was that again?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay Everybody.  Pay attention please.

Kerwin, you are NOT the being of God Almighty.
    Shimmer, you are NOT the being of God Almighty.
    JA, you are NOT the being of God Almighty.
    Gene, you are NOT the being of God Almighty.
    Ed J, you are NOT the being of God Almighty.
    t8, you are NOT the being of God Almighty.
    Pierre, you are NOT the being of God Almighty.
    Mikeboll, you are NOT the being of God Almighty.

If we are NOT the being of God Almighty, then what is it that separates the being of God Almighty FROM us?  Or FROM everything else in existence for that matter? What is it that signifies “this section of space” is the being of God Almighty, but “the section of space that our bodies take up” is NOT God Almighty?

mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 17 2010,02:55)
    Mike…………Yes even that Spider you killed had spirit in it or it could not live, all life has spirit (a working intellect) in it. And it all comes from ONE GOD that is in ALL things. There is not such thing as a SPIRIT BODY, there is SPIRIT (IN) BODIES, even Angels have bodies , the only thing that can live outside and  inside a body is GOD because GOD (IS) Spirit that composes ALL life.  Spirit is the working intelligence or power that drives all life from a one celled amoeba to a giant whale and life is produced and maintained by spirit, spirit is life. “The word i am telling you (ARE) Spirit and (ARE) Life”.

The combining of Spirit in a Body (Matter) is a SOUL, A living beings rather man or animal no difference , just the amount and Kind of Spirit in it. IMO

peace and love……………………………………gene

Hi Gene,

If your spirit and mind are the same thing, than
    how can you kill the 'ego' without the body dying?

Please explain?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 17 2010,18:20)
    Why do you think things are called 'Spirit', like Alcohol, like Marsh gas, like the Wind…what body does the Holy Spirit have…?

Spirits are able to go where they will precisely because they do not have bodies…they are 'all invasive'.

When they want to be seen they materialise physical bodies, from dust…or gas…Spirits are pure energy…and matter, physical matter, is compressed energy…what happens when you take a 'Large Hadron Collider' and put the smallest of elements into it…do you not get enough energy to power a lighthouse for a year? ok exaggerated.

JA

i agree with you i have become like stone against the ones who do not say what is true,in scriptures;

first ;the angels all of them do not fly without God consent,
    unless it is within there task to do so,God is a God of order not of disorder,just as men do on earth there liberty is controlled and free to chose just like men,but there choice came to a end at the sacrifice of Christ then they all were cast out from heaven ,and no more angels were ever allowed to be visible,the work to be done was now given to Christ apostles and there inspired written word ,

you are going out of space to try to justify your knowledge of God?
    no this is Greek philosophy,

do not fill the blanks with your own views to make believe that you know something more that what is written in scriptures because you do not.

otherwise you would show scriptures ,no ???

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account