Destiny

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Addis
    Participant

Does God Knows about our destiny?

Is there anybody who can explains me if the the bible tells us about destiny, thank you in advance!

Cubes
    Participant

Hello Addis:

This is the first thing I thought of when I read your post:

I believe that God knows each person's destiny.
    But the most important thing is that God has prepared a path for us to walk in which leads us to him, the best destiny. He desires all men to walk in this destiny that he has prepared and provides us with opportunities to do so.

On the other hand, we can choose our own destiny which can lead us away from God and into destruction.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Psa 1:1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
    Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
    Psa 1:3 He will be like a tree {firmly} planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.
    Psa 1:4 The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
    Psa 1:5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
    Psa 1:6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes cubes,
    Rom 12.1f
    ” Therefore I urge you ,brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice acceptable to God, which is your spiritual sacrifice of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, SO THAT YOU MAY PROVE WHAT THE WILL OF GOD IS,
    THAT WHICH IS GOOD
    AND ACCEPTABLE
    AND PERFECT”

We who are reborn are saved. The greatest area of risk for us is our unsubmitted minds, untransformed according to the Word of God so that submission is top priority.The first idol to be cast out of the new temple is our own old mind to receive the mind of Christ.

Beyond that we can please God to different levels such as the parable of the talents tells us. We choose. And we can also choose to reject that salvation and destiny.

Addis
    Participant

Dear Cubes and Nick Hassan:

Thank you! for your reply.

Dear Cubes you sayed “you believe that God foreknows each person's destiny” then knowing that Adam would sin what was the use of creating him?

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Addis @ April 06 2005,16:32)

Dear Cubes you sayed “you believe that God foreknows each person's destiny” then knowing that Adam would sin what was the use of creating him?

Welcome back, Addis:

I don't know the answer to your question, Addis.
    Will you accept a philosophical guess and speculation rather than scripture?

Its the same reason why a very rich person cannot pay someone to love him/her. You can pay someone to work for you but not to love you. Love by its very nature works best and relies on this phenomenon. The one who loves must of his own accord give it it.

The God of the universe I believe wanted those who would love him voluntarily as he loves. Thus, he had to create beings (whether angels or men or even animals) with this capacity, including Adam. Notice in Genesis how he came looking for Adam (Genesis 3:9): “where are you?” To me, that is the call of the Lover to his beloved. And he wants those who would feel the same way about him and about others, though some loves/relationships are sacred and reserved. Same with our relationship with God. Adam and Eve is another such example.

I look forward to others contribution on this topic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome Addis,

Would you judge God? No we fear Him.

Would you even judge Adam? Do we know his motives? Is it possible he may have eaten the apple to protect his wife and take the blame?

Either way God's decision opened the door to eternal life for you and I. It allowed us to see much more of His loving nature. We learned the risks God would take to give us choice. We also learned of the extraordinary kindness of His Son who would die to rescue us.

Have we all grasped the amazing gift yet?

Addis
    Participant

Hello! Dear Cubes and Nick Hassan

Cubes I hope you will come with a satisfactory solution again. Coming to you Dear Nick Hassan If you think I judge either God or Adam you misunderstood me, I’m Just looking for somebody who can give me enough information concerning my question. So, let me put my question this way:

If we say that God foreknows who will not enter to heaven and who will then what will be the use of creating those who deserve not to live with him? I hope I’m clear by now.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi addis,
    You would still want to know the mind of God. Otherwise it is useless philosophical speculation surely? If there was no choice would our love be proven? God makes it plain he is distilling for the purest devotion in His dealings with men.There must be dross if dross is to be taken away? Man is a proven rebel who hates His creator and usually refuses every help to repent. He loves lies and sin. Eternity is only for those who are worthy in His eyes and the safest place is in His Son.

Are all the seats at the wedding feast taken or does God have to send His angels to the highways and byways?

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Addis @ April 06 2005,23:38)
    Hello!  Dear Cubes and Nick Hassan

Cubes I hope you will come with a satisfactory solution again. Coming to you Dear Nick Hassan If you think I judge either God or Adam you misunderstood me, I’m Just looking for somebody who can give me enough information concerning my question. So, let me put my question this way:

If we say that God foreknows who will not enter to heaven and who will then what will be the use of creating those who deserve not to live with him? I hope I’m clear by now.

Hi Addis,

• Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
  • Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
  • Pro 16:17 The highway of the upright [is] to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.
  • Isa 55:8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
  • I don't know why God created the world and universe but I am glad he did because it is awesome and displays his wisdom.

In the same way, I don't know why he chose to do things the way he has, but I trust his judgment and I hope you do too.

trettep
Participant

Quote (Addis @ April 06 2005,16:32)

Addis,

God is recreating His own kind. That can only be done ONE way and that way is the PERFECT way. God created Adam and gave a choice. God knew the outcome but it couldn't change the way in which it was done because it was PERFECT in how Adam was created and the end result will be perfect. Adam and Eve didn't choose the Tree of Life and therefore, it was Adam and Eve's disobedience that cause this. The second Adam (Jesus) prevailed and was obedient and redeemed mankind through Grace. The plan is still in affect. The creating of the Children is still continuing. Those that accept the message that they can be born into the Family of God though the Grace given us by Jesus Christ and having Faith in that Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven they can be born into the Family of God and rule with Jesus Christ as brothers and Children of the Most High (Father). This is an amazing message but it requires the obedience and Faith to be saved.

Paul

Addis
Participant

God bless you all!

That is it! (The solution for my opened question)

I mean the quote from Isa 55:8
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.

Thanks a million! Dear Cubes.

Cubes
Participant

Hi Addis,

May God bless you too.
Are you yet a disciple of Yeshua as we are?

Anonymous

Dear Addis

Yes, God knows our destiny.  But He will not overpower our freewill.  We have to give our lives over to him and believe in the gift of salvation Jesus gave us, on our own.  The below verses show that God knows how our lives are going to go before we are even born.  

Psalms

139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
139:15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

[/U][/B][B]

Addis
Participant

Greeting!

Rev 20:12 “I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and they opened books. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.”

It would be my pleasure if there is anyone who can explain me what it really means.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Addis,
Lk 10 20
“Nevertheless do not rejoice in this , that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven”

Those who are saved in Yeshua have their names recorded in heaven in the book of the living. They do not come under the final judgement as they have already passed from death to life.

Phil 4.3
” Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help those women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life”

God is faithful to those who obey the Son of God. The angels in heaven rejoice too when a sinner repents and comes to salvation. That is the safe place to be, on the Rock.

The Judgement refers to the final judgement of all not called out in the first resurrection into the millenial reign, that after the second resurrection of all men, summoned to stand before the throne. It is the judgement of the sheep and the goats as in Mt 25. There are still some saved among them [sheep with their names in the book]according to works done towards those in the Body of Christ.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account