Denominations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 184 total)
  • Author

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE WORRIE ABOUT A DENOMINATION OVER AOTHER?

I LIKE TO FELLOSHIP WITH PEOPLE OF LIKE FAITH.

TO ME ITS NOT GOOD FOR SO MANY DENOMINATIOMS. I BELIEVE THEY ARE DIVISIONS THAT JESUS DID NOT WANT.

ONE WILL SAY NO BAPTISM ONE WILL SAY BAPTISM IS A MUST.ONE WILL SAY ONLY ASK JESUS IN YOUR HEART, ONE WILL SAY YOU NEED THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST WITH EVEDANCE OF SPEAKING IN TOUNGS, AND MANY OTHER DIFFERANCES.

CANT WE ALL JUST FOLLOW JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS, AND THE PROFITF, AND THE APOSTLES OF JESUS TEACHING?

THERE IS ONE WAY AND THAT IS THROUGH JESUS

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    So tell us again why denominations are relevant.

Stu
    Participant

“Revealed” knowledge depends on the biases of the supposed revealee. Hence any system of religious mythology is going to splinter endlessly. If any of it had any objective truth there would not be so many contradictory versions.

34,000+ versions of christianity and counting…

Stuart

Quote (Stu @ July 02 2009,08:00)
    “Revealed” knowledge depends on the biases of the supposed revealee.  Hence any system of religious mythology is going to splinter endlessly.  If any of it had any objective truth there would not be so many contradictory versions.

Stuart

34000+ versions of christianity all cant be right when Jesus said I am the way. i could name some denominations, but why would it matter. we just need to focs on jesus

DENOMINATIONS ARE A DIVISION

DENOMINATIONS TALK BAD OF ANOTHER

seekingtruth
    Participant

There are many who attend a “denomination” that realize that only some attending will be brothers and sisters and furthermore they realize that some of those attending other denominations or some not attending at all, are also fellow believers. None of us here believe exactly same and we will all answer for how we responded to truths delivered to us. I will have missed some truths due to various reasons but I, as well as many others have obtained the critical truth of faith by which all must be saved.

My opinion Wm

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 04 2009,04:38)
    There are many who attend a “denomination” that realize that only some attending will be brothers and sisters and furthermore they realize that some of those attending other denominations or some not attending at all, are also fellow believers. None of us here believe exactly same and we will all answer for how we responded to truths delivered to us. I will have missed some truths due to various reasons but I, as well as many others have obtained the critical truth of faith by which all must be saved.

My opinion Wm

I think as long as the basics are the same who cares what denomination

seekingtruth
    Participant

Agreed, there are some whose teachings would make it difficult for any sincere believer to tolerate (nor should they unless as a light in dark places).

My opinion, Wm

Jodi Lee
    Participant

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Though I find your desire for unity a good thing, I think your view is very wrong.

I feel like what your saying is that God would rather have us be ignorant and blind to His word, not studying it and testing all things, proving all things, for the sake that it would be better for us all to 'get along'. We should all just have a watered down or superficial understanding of Jesus and God's plan, because it would be better for us to 'get along?'.

I believe God wants us to build a personal relationship with Him through reading the bible and thinking with the brain He gave us on what it says. I believe God wants us to SEARCH for truth, and if we think we've come to understand it, continue to test it with others.

I don't think that God would rather have some of us believing lies, in order for all of us to be able to 'get along'.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Are these ideas from Descartes?
    Do you think reading the bible saves anyone?
    That alone mainly seems to lead to false conclusions about God and salvation.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 03 2009,23:54)

Quote (Stu @ July 02 2009,08:00)
    “Revealed” knowledge depends on the biases of the supposed revealee.  Hence any system of religious mythology is going to splinter endlessly.  If any of it had any objective truth there would not be so many contradictory versions.

Stuart

34000+ versions of christianity all cant be right when Jesus said I am the way.   i could name some denominations,  but why would it matter.  we just need to focs on jesus

You're going to have a tough time doing that then. All you know about Jesus is from scripture, and scripture is second-hand interpretation by those who never met Jesus. Paul and the gospel writers represent as much 'denomination' as anyone does, Paul escpecially…

…unless you know Jesus by the voices you hear in your head.

Stuart

matthew mark luke and john all met jesus face to face

jodi lee,
    i do believe we should study the word of God. if we dont we become decieved listening only to the preacher.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 06 2009,00:19)
    matthew mark luke and john all met jesus face to face

That's a good one. Tell us another!

Do you know very much about this?

Stuart

all the people who gathered to hear Jesus teaching whyle He was on this earet saw Him fac to face but wheather or npt we saw Him we need to believe Him nd all denominations say they do

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Do you think they are all really one, still united with catholicism?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 10 2009,00:27)
    all the people who gathered to hear Jesus teaching whyle He was on this earet saw Him fac to face  but wheather or npt we saw Him we need to believe Him nd all denominations say they do

All the young wizards gathered often in the Great Hall at Hogwarts to listen to Professor Dumbledore and eat breakfast. It is written. Do you believe that too?

Stuart

so stu do you discredit the bible?

Quote (Jodi Lee @ July 03 2009,14:34)
    1Jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Though I find your desire for unity a good thing, I think your view is very wrong.

I feel like what your saying is that God would rather have us be ignorant and blind to His word, not studying it and testing all things, proving all things, for the sake that it would be better for us all to 'get along'. We should all just have a watered down or superficial understanding of Jesus and God's plan, because it would be better for us to 'get along?'.

I believe God wants us to build a personal relationship with Him through reading the bible and thinking with the brain He gave us on what it says. I believe God wants us to SEARCH for truth, and if we think we've come to understand it, continue to test it with others.

I don't think that God would rather have some of us believing lies, in order for all of us to be able to 'get along'.

Hi Jodi

So in other words we all have to perfectly agree before we can endevour to keep the unity of the Spirit?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account