Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 233 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You say
    “Nick, I often get the feeling that you purposely say things that are wrong in an attempt to paint me in a bad light, when you know that what you are saying isn't true.”

No david we love our neighbours and hate to see them tangled in thornbushes of doctrinal folly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

There is nothing like a brush with death to focus the mind.
    But then life itself is a terminal illness.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 14 2006,01:16)
    Hi,

There is nothing like a brush with death to focus the mind.
    But then life itself is a terminal illness.

Honestly, while I wait to go to sleep. I don't think I'll miss this world.

Proclaimer
    Participant

If we were transported into Heaven and in God's presence, it would be difficult to want to come back to this world.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Paul had his vision so fixed on heaven that he was torn between leaving or staying and it was his love for others that was the only thing that really had any hold on him here.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If Christ raised himself then Christ did not really die.
    Scripture says he really died.

chicano4571
    Participant

Nobody really dies what i mean we all die{body} but our Spirit still lives.God told Moses im God of the living then he named his forefathers…………

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    Those who are reborn and living at the return of Jesus never die. All who are not reborn of the Spirit of God die and their spirit returns to God [ecc12] Those who are sleep in the Lord before he comes do die in the same way, but are alive in that Spirit as he was, and wait till he calls them out and into the 1000yr reign.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Amazing that mortal men who can hope for only 70-80 years of life
    when offered life beyond the grave and joy in the presence of God
    would hate that God, hate His servants and hate the message.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I guess the god of this world realises his number is up
    so he uses men to abuse God while he can as
    THAT IS HIS ONLY WEAPON.
    They will not be thanked.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Life came through Adam for men.
    The second Adam brings the fountain of eternal life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Of course death is not the second death,
    the lake of fire

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We cannot understand man and life without studying death.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2008,09:25)
    Hi,
    the lake of fire

Hi brother Nick,
    What do you mean by this statement?
    Do you think second death is not death?
    What do you mean by death then?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not much interest I'm sorry to see? This being at the very base of all Human's Eternity of existance. But at same time very difficult to answer as so few really know the Mystery of Death. Perhaps I may give you my experience to shed some light on topic. This not being the Oppion of my church but was my experience prior to Baptism.
       I had the somewhat rare experience of an OBE. This being the gentle way of Saying the Dreaded “Out of Body Experience”!
    When separated from the Body. You see your total being separated from the physical Body. I have seen many descriptions of this experience of others, Most at near death and the “famous white light, at end of tunnel”. I was not near death so I can  not report on this phennomen. Rather for me it was a form of astral projection in the sense My spirit separated from my body but I still had full senses of viewing and hearing etc.  I was floating free above my body and Being so separated confused me at first. When I realzied what was happening it shocked me and I quickly returned to my body in Fear of not being able to return. But for those few brief seconds I knew what I was. Not a body or a Mind that some call Spirit or soul depending on their view and many strange definitions. But the being who was aware and had my personality and memories, What I call my “Eternal soul.” This is the missing ingredient on death. After Body can no longer support life the soul separates and then the even bigger mytery occurs as to where it goes and what happens then. On this Latter part I can not say, not having died and returned as Christ did. We all will have to experience the final Judgement or final mystery as our turns come.
    This separation has never occured again much to my disappointments as it is like a drug in the way that it is all you think about and wish for for quite a while after it happens. The freedom and ability to see yourself so clearly is very addictive. I also shows how our spirits are not part of this physical universe and how it might be possible for them to be eternal in nature.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 23 2008,23:07)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2008,09:25)
    Hi,
    the lake of fire

Hi brother Nick,
    What do you mean by this statement?
    Do you think second death is not death?
    What do you mean by death then?

Hi GM,
    Physical death can only kill the body.
    The second death can destroy the body and the soul.

Mt10
    28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

And scripture seems to speak of a place in the earth called death or sheol. Death and Hades are cast into the lake of fire.

gollamudi
    Participant

I agree brother Nick, but my question to is whether Sheol or death and Hades are some beings are some places to be cast out into fire?

You also said in other thread that our soul returns to the groung or earth. How we can understand these beliefs in the light of scriptures where it says 'spirit goes to God and body returns to the dust(ground)', no where it is mentioned as soul return to the ground.
    Hope you will clarify.
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Perhaps you should go the the threads on hell and sheol -these are not any sort of beings.

Ps 104
    29You hide Your face, they are dismayed;
    You take away their spirit, they expire
    And return to their dust.

Man minus his spirit returns to the dust of earth.
    Body vanishes in the dust but Sheol\Hades\Death\bosom of Abraham\Mansions of Christ holds the soul.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 233 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account