Death

This topic contains 232 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,
    Souls do not seem to be limited to the earthly realm
    3.Revelation 6:9
    And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Participant
    • Topics started 13
    • Total replies 7,574

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,09:51)
    Hi 94,
    Sin in the flesh can trouble even the righteous ones like Paul
    Rom 7
    He wanted death to set him free.

Hi Nick:

Paul, Romans 7, is speaking about his righteousness under the Law, and although he was a pharisee and obeying the Law to the the extent that he could, there is no way that he could possibly obey it with out sin unto death. The only person to obey the Law without sin unto death is Jesus, and it is only through his sacrifice can anyone be delivered from condemnation, and death.

Romans 8, states: “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who do not walk after the flesh but after the Spirit.”

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,

Rom 7
    14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

What DWELLETH in him?

Participant
    • Topics started 13
    • Total replies 7,574

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,09:58)
    Hi 94,
    Souls do not seem to be limited to the earthly realm
    3.Revelation 6:9
    And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Nick:

Of course, the souls of the saved will live forever.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,
    But does the SPIRIT OF LIFE forever abide in the LIVING?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,
    .Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

.Romans 8:10
    And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness

.Galatians 6:8
    For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Participant
    • Topics started 13
    • Total replies 7,574

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:13)
    Hi 94,

Rom 7
    14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

What DWELLETH in him?

Yes, Nick, under the Law, sin that was commited while under that covenant dwells within him until the blood of Jesus washes the sins away.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,

Sin lives in us but must not be allowed to rule us.

5.Romans 6:6
    Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

6.Romans 6:12
    Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,
    “Yes, Nick, under the Law, sin that was commited while under that covenant dwells within him until the blood of Jesus washes the sins away.”

Sounds like catholic dogma

Participant
    • Topics started 13
    • Total replies 7,574

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:20)
    Hi 94,
    .Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

.Romans 8:10
    And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness

.Galatians 6:8
    For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Yes, that is what I was stating.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,
    So do those who sleep in Christ still LIVE?

Participant
    • Topics started 13
    • Total replies 7,574

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:26)
    Hi 94,
    “Yes, Nick, under the Law, sin that was commited while under that covenant dwells within him until the blood of Jesus washes the sins away.”

Sounds like catholic dogma

No, not Chatholic dogma, but gospel, and scriptural.

“What can wash my sins away? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.”

Participant
    • Topics started 13
    • Total replies 7,574

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:29)
    Hi 94,
    So do those who sleep in Christ still LIVE?

Yes, the scripture states that the soul is asleep when the body dies the physical death.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,
    14For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

What was condemned?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi 94,
    ” What can wash my sins away? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.”

Is this a scripture?

For those in Christ sin is forgiven-sprinkled with the blood-1 jn 1

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 233 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account