Confusing translations cause misunderstandings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

I believe many people are caused to misunderstand scriptures by wrong translations, for instance lets take three verses about the same thing from MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE,

King James version

1..Matt 24:5…take heed that no man decieve you: “for many shall come in my name saying, I am (christ) and shall decieve many.

2..MARK 13:6…take heed lest any man decieve you: “for many shall come in my name saying I am (christ) and decieve many.

3..Luke 21:8…take heed that ye be not decieved: “for many shall come in my name saying, I am (christ) and decieve many.

The word (Christ) is in italics showing it was added to the text by translators. Some translations say, I am(He), also showing it was added to the texts, and the ARAMIC translations say, “many shall come in my name saying I am (THE LIVING GOD); and shall decieve many”.

I believe all those are corruptions of scriptures and are forcing the text to say what it is not specifically saying and only serves to decieve the readers. The text in my opinion should read this way.

Take heed lest any man decieve you: for many shall come in my name saying, I am , and shall decieve many. another words many shall profess Jesus as what ever and decieve many. The bottom line is that the deception that will take place will be about JESUS himself and who he really is.

What say you all?

Peace and love to you all. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Words are added for clarification in Luke and Mark but not Matthew.

Mt 24.5

”For many will come in my name, saying

’I am the Christ’, and will mislead many

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….check all other translations and you will see, what i am saying. Why should anyone need to alter sentence structure. You say it’s for clarification but i say it clouds the truth. Jesus was just telling us that the deception comming was going to be about him, he was warning us ahead of time. The words “I AM” which was actually written there could imply many things about JESUS, SUCH AS , The preaching of Jesus as the I AM, could mean preaching him a the living GOD, as the ARAMAIC TEXT TRANSLATES it.. OR “I AM HE” AS MANY OTHER TEXTS TRANSLATES IT. Point is JESUS was not limiting it to just preaching him as the christ, because the Gnostic’s preached him as being a God, who was only desguised as a man, but was actually a God, they rejected him as a anointed man of GOD, WHICH WE KNOW HE WAS a anointed man of God. Another polnt is, saying Jesus was a anointed man or christo’s of God hardly decieves anyone. It apears that the closest translation may be the Aramaic version. Because we know preaching Jesus as a God is a deceptive lie.

Bottom line is, false teachings about JESUS IS the deceptions Jesus was talking about, and if the text had just been left along without tampering it would have given us that understanding.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

All the verses say they come in his name.

Surely then they come in the guise of Christianity to claim they too are anointed ones.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….but if they came in the name of a anointed one and decieve people then they were not actually anointed ones right. The text does not say they came in the name of christ saying “they are” christ, but says “they shall come in “my name” saying “I am” christ”. The word christ was added to the text and only serves to confuse . IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEFT ALONE WITHOUT ANY ALERATIONS, then it would let everyone understand that a false Jesus would be the object of decieving people, that is they would be preaching a false Jesus, not the true one and that would be what decieves them, like this,

Jesus IS God
    Jesus preexisted his berth on this earth.
    Jesus did not need to be anointed because he was already a God.
    Jesus himself healed people
    Jesus himself is the christ or anointing spirit, not the anointed one.

All of these are different way Jesus is preached by decieved christanity.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Which translation or translations, are you suggesting, do not cause confusing misunderstandings?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj….proberly most translations do, but that is why we need the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, to guide our understanding of them, i simply eliminate the added words where the text shows them as added. When not sure go to other translations and see what they say. Example, JESUS SAID “IT IS HARDER FOR A RICH MAN TO ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD THAN A (CAMEL) TO GO THROUGH AN EYE OF A NEEDLE” , that would not be hard it would be impossible, but upon investigation you will find the word (camel) in ARAMAIC means (ROPE), which makes more sense right?, a very tiny rope might be able to go through the eye of a large needle. So i would conclude rope is most likely the right word.

The GREEK translations have all kind of word errors, one word in GREEK CAN BE TRANSLATED INTO AS MUCH AS five OR TWENTY DIFFERENT WORDS meaning different things, AS I RECALL READING. The translators who were most likely trinitarians tended to force the text to favor their religious convictions, so they chose words that better fit their beliefs. BUT THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH CAN GUIDE THROUGH THE MAZE IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Edj….proberly most translations do, …

Hi Gene,

Are you suggesting all English bibles are confusing translations?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj….yes as far as i know all do, some perhaps more then others. The oldest documents being translated i believe are the best, because trinitarian translators has forced the text in many places to fit there teachings over the years. There are books out there that show many of the errors, “MISS QUOTING JESUS” is a good one in my opinion. One scholar MILLS i believe said he found over 20,000, germatical errors in the Greek translations. That is why I believe we do need the Spirit of Truth to guide us, inorder to get the proper understandings.

Proclaimer
    Participant

We know Jesus is not God. As for preexisting, some say yes and some say no. If he is the Logos, then did the logos that was With God exist?

Finally, we know God created all through his Word and to remove all confusion, we are also taught that God created all through the son of God.

Scripture is harmonious and consistent as to who that Word is and the role of that Word.

Then we are told that this Word became flesh. And if we deny Jesus Christ came in the flesh, then the spirit we are under is against God.

Antichrists will find a way, one way or another to deny he came in the flesh.

God created all through his Word and his Son. The Word became flesh and Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

There is harmony on who Jesus really is for those who love the truth and have eyes to see. There is a lot to who he is. Some believe God created a man called Jesus because of man’s sin. But he was of Heaven, unlike Adam who was of earth. God sent his son and he was born the messiah. He came in the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Was Jesus conceived in Mary?

Did Mary contribute to his being?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Being born of a woman is how you become human. I thought you would know this. It’s common knowledge and I have confidence that you do know this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You misunderstand.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

“Yes”

See Nick, answering questions is not hard for me.
    Why would you be a hypocrite and not answer mine?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The question was not asked of you but t8.

Focus.

Ed J
    Participant

So, I’m not allowed to answer?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Are you self qualified to determine what is a foolish question –
    and therefore not answer, but others, you do not afford this right?

I answered all your questions to me: Even the Elijah John one; will
    you not afford me the same, and do unto me as I have done unto you?
    “with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again” (Matt 7:2)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…. The word Antichrist, does no mean ANTI-JESUS as you supose, it means anti-anointing. The Gnostic’s preached JESUS, THEY BELIEVED in him, but it was a different Jesus they were preaching.

They preached a Jesus much like you believe, they said he prexisted his berth on this earth, they also said he had no need to be anointed because he was already a God, and he was only desguised as a man but actually was a preexisting being as you believe also, only you believe Jesus was “morphed” from one sentinel being to another.

I realise you don’t believe he was a preexisting God, but some other type or kind of being, but you have no biblical support for what kind of being he was before his berth on this earth do you. So you are denying he come into his “existence” in the flesh, as we did, are you not really saying that T8. Have you ever thought how could a human, being not exactly like us be a true sacrifice for our sins, Someone who preexisted and had eternal life and had made us and seen life generated in matter, that would hardly be a real sacrifice, seeing he had already been “morphed” from one existence to another already.

Your also in disagreement with the phophet Moses who clearly said the LORD shall raise up a prophet “LIKE ME” from you brethern, it dosen’t say from another existence now does it? Your JESUS DID NOT COME INTO EXISTENCE FROM A TRIBE OF ISRAEL NOW DID HE? HE WAS “MOEPHED” FROM ANOTHER EXISTENCE, CAN’T YOU SEE THAT T8? You are teaching the wrong Jesus T8.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account