Changing Minds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

How do we change others minds?

Hi Everyone,

This is an important topic to discuss,
    because I have “The Key” to how it's done.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Name-calling will not do it.
    Bullying and threatening will not do it.

By bullying I mean attempting to limit ones answers.
    And by threatening I mean to threaten consequences thereto.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

But what will work? That's what we are here to discuss.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to HOW we may help
    others to change their minds about preexisting doctrinal beliefs?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Certainly attempting to belittle someone for not agreeing with
    preconceived rudimentary logic through mocking will not work either.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Showing them scriptures that clearly refute their current understanding should work.  In fact I've noticed during my time here that those who are truly seeking scriptural truth eagerly adjust their own understanding when shown scriptures that contradict that understanding.

Of course, there are also those here who are so dead-set in their own man-made doctrines that no amount of scriptures will deter them from it.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 11 2013,01:16)
    Showing them scriptures that clearly refute their current understanding should work.  In fact I've noticed during my time here that those who are truly seeking scriptural truth eagerly adjust their own understanding when shown scriptures that contradict that understanding.

Of course, there are also those here who are so dead-set in their own man-made doctrines that no amount of scriptures will deter them from it.

Hi Mike,

those who are truly seeking scriptural truth eagerly adjust their own understanding when shown scriptures that contradict that understanding.

I guess by your definition,
    you would classify me as someone
    who is truly seeking scriptural truth then right?

But Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah, and the mighty men,
     and Solomon his brother, he called not.”  (1 Kings 1:10)

I had assumed that Nathan the prophet
    was David's son because of verses like this one.

“Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last,
     are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet” (2 Chron 9:29)

Where is the book of “Nathan the Prophet”?
    Did you know it was Nathan who Prophesied the U.S.A.?  
    (I can't find it at the moment) he said it to David in Kings or Chronicles.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 10 2013,21:07)

Hi Mike,

those who are truly seeking scriptural truth eagerly adjust their own understanding when shown scriptures that contradict that understanding.

God bless

edj

1Ki 1:8 But Zadok the priest, Benaiah son of Jehoiada, Nathan the prophet, Shimei and Rei and David’s special guard did not join Adonijah.
    1Ki 1:9 Adonijah then sacrificed sheep, cattle and fattened calves at the Stone of Zoheleth near En Rogel. He invited all his brothers, the king’s sons, and all the men of Judah who were royal officials,
    1Ki 1:10 but he did not invite Nathan the prophet or Benaiah or the special guard or his brother Solomon.
    1Ki 1:11 Then Nathan asked Bathsheba, Solomon’s mother, “Have you not heard that Adonijah, the son of Haggith, has become king without our lord David’s knowing it? NIV

1Ki 1:8 But Zadok the priest, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and Nathan the prophet, and Shimei, and Rei, and the mighty men which belonged to David, were not with Adonijah.
    1Ki 1:9 And Adonijah slew sheep and oxen and fat cattle by the stone of Zoheleth, which is by En-rogel, and called all his brethren the king's sons, and all the men of Judah the king's servants:
    1Ki 1:10 But Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah, and the mighty men, and Solomon his brother, he called not.
    1Ki 1:11 Wherefore Nathan spake unto Bath-sheba the mother of Solomon, saying, Hast thou not heard that Adonijah the son of Haggith doth reign, and David our lord knoweth it not?KJV

your conclusion is more related to cut scriptures into small pieces ,and then you apply the wrong meaning to them ,or make them say what they really do not ,how can we stop this behavior ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 10 2013,09:07)

I have never heard of such a thing. Let me know if you find it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I would say “SOMETIMES”, Ed. It is true that you changed your understanding about Nathan the prophet in light of the scripture I showed you. But there are many other things you won't budge on – despite the many scriptures I've showed you.

seekingtruth
    Participant

—————————————-
    Don't build barriers for them by presenting with arrogance, snide remarks, etc., but approach the individual with genuine love and show how you believe that truth is better supported in the whole of scripture (not just a verse here and there) using a different viewpoint (and keep an open mind yourself).

Then even if you don't “change others minds” at least you won't have to answer for how you handled it.

My opinion – Wm

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 11 2013,02:48)

Hi Everyone,

Name-calling will not do it.
    Bullying and threatening will not do it.

By bullying I mean attempting to limit ones answers.
    And by threatening I mean to threaten consequences thereto.

God bless

Hi Ed,

Always pray for the truth and seek truth.

Understand that we are responsible for every word spoken, or written.

We should keep our behavior in check all of the time.

We will have times when we are sick or tried — it is not a good time to be posting on Internet Forums.

We need to be slow to speak and quick to listen, and it is a lesson that we all can learn..

Never think that what you believe is truth absolutely, but be open minded and eager to learn — at all times.

Only look for truth from God, do not follow man, (but listen just in case they may be speaking truth)

How to change minds?
    Seek truth. do not seek to change minds.

You will know the truth when it is shown to you — and the truth will set you free..

How to change minds OFF Internet Forums?
    Be a good role model, and do not hide your beliefs (but do not “preach” them either).

2besee
    Participant

Humility is the most important thing. Respect of other people too. (Love).

2besee
    Participant

..But also be prepared to battle for truth :)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 11 2013,02:15)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 10 2013,21:07)

Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

1Ki 1:8 But Zadok the priest, Benaiah son of Jehoiada, Nathan the prophet, Shimei and Rei and David’s special guard did not join Adonijah.
    1Ki 1:9 Adonijah then sacrificed sheep, cattle and fattened calves at the Stone of Zoheleth near En Rogel. He invited all his brothers, the king’s sons, and all the men of Judah who were royal officials,
    1Ki 1:10 but he did not invite Nathan the prophet or Benaiah or the special guard or his brother Solomon.
    1Ki 1:11 Then Nathan asked Bathsheba, Solomon’s mother, “Have you not heard that Adonijah, the son of Haggith, has become king without our lord David’s knowing it? NIV

1Ki 1:8 But Zadok the priest, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and Nathan the prophet, and Shimei, and Rei, and the mighty men which belonged to David, were not with Adonijah.
    1Ki 1:9 And Adonijah slew sheep and oxen and fat cattle by the stone of Zoheleth, which is by En-rogel, and called all his brethren the king's sons, and all the men of Judah the king's servants:
    1Ki 1:10 But Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah, and the mighty men, and Solomon his brother, he called not.
    1Ki 1:11 Wherefore Nathan spake unto Bath-sheba the mother of Solomon, saying, Hast thou not heard that Adonijah the son of Haggith doth reign, and David our lord knoweth it not?KJV

your conclusion is more related to cut scriptures into small pieces ,and then you apply the wrong meaning to them ,or make them say what they really do not ,how can we stop this behavior ???

Hi Pierre,

No, that's not the verse where Nathan the prophet prophesied about the U.S.A.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 11 2013,03:11)
    —————————————-
    Don't build barriers for them by presenting with arrogance, snide remarks, etc., but approach the individual with genuine love and show how you believe that truth is better supported in the whole of scripture (not just a verse here and there) using a different viewpoint (and keep an open mind yourself).

Then even if you don't “change others minds” at least you won't have to answer for how you handled it.

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

That's it! You present others with the truth – by showing
    them the things that they are missing from their big picture;
    the chaff will naturally fall away as they change their own mind.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 11 2013,02:21)

I have never heard of such a thing.  Let me know if you find it.

Hi Mike,

I'll keep looking. :)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Feb. 11 2013,07:13)
    ..But also be prepared to battle for truth :)

Hi 2Besee,

Yes, but we must be ready to beat our swords into plowshares.
    In war there are causalities, going to war should be the last resort.

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Ed J.

No one can change anyone's mind. Only the person who possesses the mind can change his own mind.

That said, making an example of someone because they are blindly stubborn often helps those who read to see how blindness works and if they are wise, then set out to not make the same error.

So it is not always about coercing the person to change. It is about making an example of them to help others to not repeat their way.

We also refute those who oppose truth. If they go unopposed, then that can mistaken for accepting their message for truth.

He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 11 2013,09:26)

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 11 2013,03:11)
    —————————————-

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

That's it! You present others with the truth – by showing
    them the things that they are missing from their big picture;
    the chaff will naturally fall away as they change their own mind.

God bless

Ed,

Truth is not in number calculations.

Nor limited to just the KJV.

Preaching that as a truth puts people off. (people will not listen to anything that you say in the end).

2besee
    Participant

typo — AKJV

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account