Can you trust Big Tech?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Can you trust your search engine or social networks?

Are the gatekeepers of information abusing their power? This video says yes. They want to control your world view, your political views, and your beliefs.

While I may not agree with everything the person in the video says, I think he makes a fair point. What do you think?

Can you trust Big Tech?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Did you watch the video? I can personally testify that a similar thing happened to this site recently.

The other day I wanted to access Heaven Net and often I just type ‘Heaven Net’ into the world’s most popular search engine as a way of getting there. Usually it appeared first, but now it had dropped to third place and almost below the page fold . It also didn’t list the other sections of the site as it usually did, and only had one link to the main page. This was weird because the site has been no 1 when typing out the site’s name for decades now and no other site would best fit these keywords than this one. Wondering why the site was demoted, I noticed that a few blogs in the home page, (which the search engine scraped and used as a description), were about the current president and mentioned his name. I was became suspicious that this was the reason for the drop in search results. I had heard elsewhere that the gatekeeper of search were not politically neutral and were prompting search toward their preferences.

So I decided to make a few new posts to push these few (offending) posts further down the page and also made a sticky post called “Welcome” which you can see on the home page. Now I am back at no 1 and the different sections of the site are linked. I really think when you mention the president’s name, you lose SEO points. I have been doing SEO for years with other sites and am aware of best practice, but it seems that if your site has the wrong political view, then you are penalized.

Finally, Facebook is working on screening so-called ‘Fake News’ which I suspect is just news that offers a different opinion to their political views. We already know that the MSM got the election completely wrong, so labelling others as ‘Fake News’ is a bit rich.

Regarding all this, I make the following summation. If these PC search and media outlets as well as social media services ignore and disable the views of half the American people, then they leave the door open for new search and social media services that will service these people. There exist the need for platforms that are politically neutral for the half of Americans that the current services are trying to ignore and block out. Hopefully the free market can sort this out, but in the meantime, the government needs to do something about this lest these companies become so powerful that they dominate and change people’s opinions by filtering them information that they deem politically correct.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, of course, we can trust our Search Engine but the people behind it is in question! Alleluia! Amen!

Proclaimer
    Participant

YouTube Pulls Project Veritas Video On Google Bias

Project-Veritas

It seems you cannot trust the major tech platforms. They appear to be stifling the voices of Conservatives, Christians, Pro-Lifers, and others. IMO, there needs to be some protection for people who are having their voices snuffed by Leftist tech companies.

A new Project Veritas video that includes testimony from a whistleblower, leaked internal documents, and undercover footage of a Google employee discussing how the company is working to prevent “the next Trump situation” has been pulled by YouTube, a platform owned by Google, “due to a privacy claim by a third party.” This is the second Project Veritas Big Tech exposé video taken down by the platform in two weeks.

On Monday, Project Veritas released its latest Big Tech report, this time focusing on ways an insider says Google manipulates what information its users access in order to promote an ideological and political agenda. In the video, the whistleblower — whose identity is protected — walks Project Veritas’ James O’Keefe through internal Google documents that he says show that the search engine is a “highly biased political machine” that manipulates searches for the purpose of promoting its “fair and equitable” priorities, filtering out or deemphasizing even factual information if its creators deem that information “unfair.” To accomplish this, the company works to prevent “algorithmic unfairness.”

The video features clips of Project Veritas undercover reporters’ secretly recorded discussion with Jen Gennai — head of Google’s “Responsible Innovation” team, which monitors the responsible implementation of A.I. technologies — in a restaurant in San Francisco. In the video, she discusses the rationale behind the company’s A.I. principles. “The reason we launched our A.I. principles is because people were not putting that line in the sand, that they were not saying what’s fair and what’s equitable so we’re like, well we are a big company, we’re going to say it,” she says, adding: “The people who voted for the current president do not agree with our definition of fairness.”

Another clip shows her discussing Google’s attempt to “prevent” another 2016. “Elizabeth Warren is saying we should break up Google,” she says. “And like, I love her but she’s very misguided, like that will not make it better it will make it worse, because all these smaller companies who don’t have the same resources that we do will be charged with preventing the next Trump situation, it’s like a small company cannot do that.”

“We all got screwed over in 2016, again it wasn’t just us, it was — the people got screwed over, the news media got screwed over, like, everybody got screwed over — so we’re rapidly been like, what happened there and how do we prevent it from happening again,” she says in another clip. “We’re also training our algorithms, like, if 2016 happened again, would we have, would the outcome be different?”

By the end of the day, YouTube pulled the video “due to a privacy claim by a third party.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48824/youtube-pulls-project-veritas-video-google-bias-james-barrett?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Proclaimer
    Participant

This is huge

Pretending to be a platform, they are really a publisher controlling the narrative. This includes snuffing out people’s voices.
    Would not be surprised if this ends up in the highest court of the land.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Google & Facebook execs get a grilling

Proclaimer
    Participant

The video was banned by the look of it.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi T8

Yes, I have experience this censorship first hand.  I would save what I considered important to my favorites only to find that they have been deleted by YouTube.  It is very frustrating.   It makes me angry to the core.  Here are some alternative websites you might find attractive:

#1) Whatfinger.com – This site has emerged as the very best news aggregation site on the ‘net, beating Drudge with rapid updates and more focus on independent sources rather than lying mainstream sources. Every headline is manually curated by patriots / veterans.
    #2) Censored.news – These headlines are automatically gathered from the most censored sites on the ‘net. It’s updated every few minutes and shows only headline text, no photos or videos, so it’s great for mobile devices too.
    #3) SteveQuayle.com – Every headline is curated by Steve Quayle, covering the more exotic alternative news sites on the ‘net, including those that write about the Book of Revelation, ancient civilizations and more.
    Original news and video sites to check frequently
    In addition to Breitbart.com, which is the new standard for high-volume, pro-America independent media, check out these other sites:
    #1) Brighteon.com – This is our free speech alternative to YouTube. Post and view videos for free. Each day, many users post breaking news videos here, making it a great place to catch news summaries and analysis of recent events.
    #2) LifeSiteNews.com – Pro-family original news reporting that counters the mainstream narratives on abortion, LGBT and pedophilia.
    #3) BigLeaguePolitics.com – One of the best independent news sites on the ‘net with exhaustive original reporting.
    #4) TheEpochTimes.com – Yet more original reporting, with a lot of focus on exposing the Russia collusion hoax.
    #5) TheGatewayPundit.com – Rapid fire, short-form news coverage of breaking news events in the world of politics.
    #6) Newswars.com – Features headlines and videos from the Infowars universe of indy media
    #7) AllNewsPipeline.com – Original long-form stories that cover the greatest threats to human survival, including wars, biological weapons, communism and more.
    Useful websites from our own network
    In addition to all the sites mentioned above, check out these especially informative websites on our own network:
    5Galert.com – A new website completely focused on the health risks associated with 5G wireless technology. Very few stories so far, but more are coming.
    Rigged.news – Brings you daily news about everything that’s “rigged,” including medicine, politics, news bias and more.
    Migrants.news – Covers the invasion of America by illegal aliens, including open borders policies and the push by Democrats to see America overrun.
    Chemicals.news – Original reporting on toxic chemicals that threat human health, including pesticides, hormone disruptors and more.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks Truthcomber.

I also found this video site which is pretty good. It has a lot of videos that were banned, demonetized, or not recommended on Youtube. Here is one video I found. It debunks someone who was trying to debunk the Project Veritas video.

The site is called BitChute
    https://www.bitchute.com

Proclaimer
    Participant

Senate Hearing on Google Bias and Censorship…

Proclaimer
    Participant
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……our biggest threat is from our large new corporations,  they use their influences to alter public views, they use the freedom of speech law to defend there biases.  They are the biggest source of corruption of truth in our country,  and until they are made to be accountable for their words,  it will only get worse and worse.

When they slander anyone with what they say, no matter what the source is , they as well as their sources should be held accountable, and not allowed to us our freedom of speech laws to hide behind. Accountability is a must to find the truth,   espically in these days OF fake news and trash talking.  Our major news corporations are the worst in the world at corrupting the truth. They control outcomes by negative or postive view point publications.  We must pass  strict laws holding them accountable for what they publish. IMO.

The day of just publishing  the new as it truly is is over, all news from our large new corps,  is run by a filter that politically tweaks it. More and more here are treating what they say  like a tabloid news.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Totally agree.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It feels like just a matter of time before the crazies gain power. It could be catastrophic for not only the US but the rest of the free world. If the US fell, so would many other free societies that rely on US protection.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..I totally agree with you on that.  We are in a very bad position now, God has given us a strong President who is trying to straighten some of the mess the liberal Democrats have put our country in out,   but I as you feel we may be in a loosing battle, these people flooding in here and put on welfare are just overwhelming us,  both financially and politically. May God continue to help us and our Country to pull out of this mess were in.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes, may God help your great nation.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Project Veritas: A Brave Insider Blows Whistle on Google!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Current Sr. Google Engineer Goes Public on Camera

Proclaimer
    Participant

Googlers Petition “to end Google’s business with Breitbart”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account