Can Science Disprove the Existence of God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Can Science Disprove the Existence of God?

With a question like that, often it is good to replace a few words to remove bias to see how it looks.

e.g., “Can science disprove the existence of life outside our planet?”

The short answer is no. Science cannot look under every rock on every object in the universe and in all time too. And the Universe may be one of many universes for all we know.

For the same reason plus more, (outside creation or time for example), science will never be able to disprove God.

Science simply means knowledge and we are not all knowing. Our knowledge of everything is not even close to 1% of all the knowledge that exists, but if it were, the evidence could well be in the 99% we do not know. That said, the evidence for God is all around you and you do not need to be a scientist to see it.

Proclaimer
    Participant

“It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.” Gandhi

princess
    Participant

Gandhi’s god and yours are somewhat different, are they not?

would you be suggesting that since mankind does not have the remaining 99 the 1 is telling us who/what/where/how/why god is or are the 1 just the select few who really know. risk taking here on my part you understand, not favorable odds T8.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This topic is about the existence of a god. It is not about who that God is.

Most of mankind acknowledge a god of some kind, they argue over who he is or what he is like.

The Bible concurs with this.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools,…

One of the central messages in the Bible is that we are alienated from God and it is about getting to know him.

princess
    Participant

I know T8 you see it as a bad thing, I don’t.

99% sure on every conversation we’ve had I go off topic.

terraricca
    Participant

well we can say that science try hard to do it but by so doing it proves that their must be a God or intelligent design behind all what is on this planet and moving on it ,only fools close their eyes and say that they see the light ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

If we do not stick to the topic, then when people search for an answer on the Web, the topics here become weak as they get derailed easily. A good debate sticks to the topic. It starts with a question, hypothesis, or statement, and is then severely tested. If the topic is not honoured, then all topics become irrelevant to the subject and it become very hard to find the answers or rebuttals that people search for.

And to answer your post, arguing over who is God has no bearing on the existence of God in the same way that arguing over the possibility that there is life on other planets has no bearing on whether there is life on other planets.

To discover who God is usually requires that you first believe that there is a god. If you do not believe in the existence of God, then by most accounts you will not seek to find out about this God.

terraricca
    Participant

sorry if I stepped out of the topic ;I know my God for Jesus and his disciples made me know him ,

he his my father and my master (God)

Proclaimer
    Participant

I was speaking to princess. I don’t know if you went off topic.

Often when discussing the existence of God, Atheists will end up saying WHICH GOD?

Princess then spoke in the same vein, so I gave her the same response I give Atheists.

And that is somehow suppose to win the argument as if that point somehow negates the existence of a God.

I try to tell them to stick to the topic which is “Is there a God”. Not “who God is”.

To argue over who God is, you first have to acknowledge that God exists.

You are alright Terr. I don’t think you tried to divert the topic.

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account