Bloodless atonement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 366 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

No one has to make any such statement to dent that Jesus is “the son of God” but still you falter by simply saying that the psalms verse was about Jesus even though it was written hundreds of years before Jesus, what about this?
    2 Samuel 7:14
    Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of 2 Samuel 7:14.
    I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
    Was this also about Jesus?

King James Version (KJV)
    For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Camillia
    Participant

Bod, it may have applied to Solomon but it also applied to Jesus the Son of God, (and more so).

Read in context again: “He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. “I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me…”

Forever

———-

Do you believe this is speaking of Jesus?

“I kept looking in the night visions,
    And behold, with the clouds of heaven
    One like a Son of Man was coming,
    And He came up to the Ancient of Days
    And was presented before Him.
    14 “And to Him was given dominion,
    Glory and a kingdom,
    That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
    Might serve Him.
    His dominion is an everlasting dominion
    Which will not pass away;
    And His kingdom is one
    Which will not be destroyed.” (Daniel 7)

————–

No one has to make any such statement to deny that Jesus is “the son of God”

According to this site they do:

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/204/

The Testimony of Faith (Shahada)

Becoming a Muslim is a simple and easy process. All that a person has to do is to say a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahada), which is pronounced as:

I testify “La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”

These Arabic words mean, “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.” Once a person says the Testimony of Faith (Shahada) with conviction and understanding its meaning, then he/she has become a Muslim.

The first part, “There is no true deity but God,” means that none has the right to be worshiped but God alone, and that God has neither partner nor son. The second part means that Muhammad was a true Prophet sent by God to humankind.

To be a Muslim, one should also:

Believe that the Holy Quran is the literal word of God, revealed by Him.

– Believe that the Judgment Day (Resurrection Day) is true and will come.

– Believe in the prophets that God sent and the books He revealed, and in His angels.

– Accept Islam as his/her religion.

– Not worship anything nor anyone except God.

Interesting. So in order to become a Muslim one must say the Testimony of Faith with conviction and understanding, one being that God has no Son.

bodhitharta
    Participant

You seem to not understand the context, Jesus himself said that ONLY GOD was the TRUE GOD therefore excluding himself as a true god. With that being said Jesus is the son of God in the same context as all those whom he made High Priests for they were all called sons of God but none are literally an actual son because God does not procreate HE creates and when HE created Jesus His(God’s) Word became flesh. He manifested his Word in the flesh, not Himself, just as He said let there be light and there was light and guess what He is called?

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

You see how creation is sometimes used as a metaphor for Fatherhood?

The Quran simplifies many things that would be otherwise confusing because in the day of Muhammad many most Christians even believed that Mary was God’s spouse and even today Mary is called Queen of Heaven and the Mother of God but many today would understand that God has no spouse, would you agree?

To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things. 

(  سورة الأنعام  , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #101)

In other-words the Quran is clarifying who and what God is and He is not like us.

They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no God but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him). 

(  سورة التوبة  , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #31)

The people decided to Worship Christ Jesus as lord but what does Jesus tell his disciples?

Henceforth I call you not servants, for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard of My Father, I have made known unto you.

Jesus is the son of Mary and the Word of God and notice the scriptures when he was born says this:
    The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.
    Notice the angel says “will be called” and not “IS” The angel does not say this is the son of God he says he “will be called”
    before that the angel even says: He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,
    Now the only mention of a father here is David and David certainly isn’t God and also didn’t have intercourse with Mary either so being called “Son of David” is applied equally in meaning as being called “Son of God” neither which are Jesus’s actual parent only Mary is the actual parent, God is His transcendent creator

Camillia
    Participant

We know that God does not procreate as God is spirit. Do you know any Christians who say otherwise (that God does procreate?)  They would be small minority group wouldn’t they be?

In my belief,  Jesus was the only sinless man (the second Adam),  but what was divine in him was the eternal Holy Spirit of God whom also the world was created.

I’ll leave it there because I’m having serious keyboard problems at the moment!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Yes, we agree he is like Adam and although the Gospels call Adam the son of God as well, we know that God created Adam so He is Adam’s Creator not his literal Father

kerwin
    Participant

Cam,

Even some people who label themselves Christian on this web site believe Jesus is body of God’s body.

Camillia
    Participant

Yes, we agree he is like Adam and although the Gospels call Adam the son of God as well, we know that God created Adam so He is Adam’s Creator not his literal Father

Yes, Bod, we agree on that.

But what does Islam say Jesus was?

Research:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/jesus_spirit.htm

And she who guarded her virginity, so We breathed into her of Our spirit (roohina) and appointed her and her son to be a sign unto all beings. S. 21:91

“Our spirit”? Huh?

According to scripture (1 Cor 2):

10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.

Only one. One God, one Spirit.

What else does Islam say? Hmm,

And Mary (wa-Maryama is a supplement to imra’ata Fir‘awna) daughter of ‘Imran, who preserved [the chastity of] her womb, so We breathed into it of Our Spirit, namely, Gabriel — when he breathed into the opening of her shirt, by God’s creation of this action of his which reached her womb, thus conceiving Jesus — and she confirmed the words of her Lord, His prescriptions, and His, revealed, Scriptures and she was of the obedient, [one] of the obedient folk. (Tafsir al-Jalalayn, Q. 66:12.

Gabriel?

Camillia
    Participant

Cam,

Even some people who label themselves Christian on this web site believe Jesus is body of God’s body.

Kerwin,
    Do you mean Jesus body is believed by some to be God’s body, like God Himself was on Earth in a body?

kerwin
    Participant

Cam,

This is someone else hypothesis to explain their theology so I may not have it exact.   They believe Jesus and the rest of the angels were created from God’s body just as human beings were created from the earth.

They believe that body was changed into a human body when he was conceived in Mary’s womb, thus the the words “the word was made flesh”.

I am more familiar with that hypothesis of how Jesus is body of God’s body but I believe there are others.

Camillia
    Participant

I’ve never heard that one before Kerwin.

If anyone can answer: Where do you believe Jesus is now.  Completely in heaven or here in spirit or both?

kerwin
    Participant

Cam,

Jesus is completely in heaven but he lives in believers through the Spirit.

Camillia
    Participant

I agree Kerwin, thanks.

Camillia
    Participant

Bod,  where do you believe Jesus is now?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Heaven

Camillia
    Participant

John 14:26
    “The Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”

1 John 2:1
    And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

John 14:18
    “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”

Camillia
    Participant

Psalm 139:7
    Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
    If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

bodhitharta
    Participant

I’m not sure what your response is communicating are you agreeing that Jesus is in heaven or are you saying Jesus is everywhere?

Camillia
    Participant

Hi Bod.

Is the throne and Jesus at God’s right side literal?

Seated at the right side regards power and authority, (ancient monarchs sat at the right side to show co-rulership of a kingdom).

Is Heaven limited to time and space, material, distance, or location?

Is God omnipresent? If God is omnipresent and Jesus is at God’s right side, is Jesus also omnipresent?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Co-rulership was not the meaning at all, just assigned power and authority, no King ever co-ruled. Heaven or Paradise must be limited to a location…etc because Jesus said “I go and prepare a place for you” he also said “I Go to the Father” he also was “taken up to Heaven” Now regarding God that’s an entirely different subject and Jesus should not be confused with God in the least. Jesus is literally returning God does not need to return because God is always present, God knows all things but Jesus doesn’t know when he will return. Jesus was anointed by God, God is anointed by no one

Camillia
    Participant

I would have to agree that Heaven must be up but of the spiritual realm where there is no actual location or distance, if you know what I mean.

Jesus said “I go and prepare a place for you”, yes. Jesus also said “I go to the Father”, yes. He was taken up to Heaven – that we agree on. But are Jesus and the Father God limited to just one place? Is it not by the Spirit (Holy Spirit) they are connected to Earth.

Jesus is soon to return, but to do what? Peter says to destroy the wicked with fire, then take the remaining to where He is (Heaven). Then is a new Heaven and a new Earth.

Nevertheless, if Jesus is in Heaven and is to come, did Jesus not say He would manifest Himself to those who keep His word and commandments?

“Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.”
    (John 14:23)

“In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. “He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him.”(John 14:20)

Manifest:
    emphanizó:
    Strongs Greek: 1718
    Appear before (in person), make visible,
    http://biblehub.com/greek/1718.htm

The same word is found in Matt 27:53.
    “The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared
    (emphanizó) to many.”

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 366 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account