Bless your enemies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus made a bold statement in Mt 5

Matthew 5:44
    But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

It does make sense in that all who oppose God do so because they lack the grace to respond to the gospel.

Paul was an enemy of Christ.

Perhaps his anointing in grace was the result of the prayers of the community of faith?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2008,08:53)
    Hi,
    Jesus made a bold statement in Mt 5

Matthew 5:44
    But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

It does make sense in that all who oppose God do so because they lack the grace to respond to the gospel.

Paul was an enemy of Christ.

Perhaps his anointing in grace was the result of the prayers of the community of faith?

Hi Nick:

True. When you have done everything in your power to do, then we should continue to pray that God would do every thing within His power to save their souls.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Imagine what faith could do if this was the approach taken now.
    It explains why Paul and Peter took 27 or more opportunities in their letters to pray for grace for their brothers.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2008,09:32)
    Hi 94,
    It explains why Paul and Peter took 27 or more opportunities in their letters to pray for grace for their brothers.

Hi Nick:

It can start with you and I.

Participant

And so, yes, Mandy there is “forgive them Lord for they know what they do” in my theology.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 15 2008,16:24)
    And so, yes, Mandy there is “forgive them Lord for they know what they do” in my theology.

Thanks, bro.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 15 2008,16:19)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2008,09:32)
    Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

It can start with you and I.

amen 94.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The amazing opportunity God gives His children to change the world by prayer, blessing and forgiveness.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account