Before Abraham I AM

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

So the Spirit of Christ was in the prophets.

So the Spirit of Christ is not the spirit of a human being.

The Prophets spoke what they were given by the Holy Spirit from God.

2 peter 1.21

For no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers
    by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath
    appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;” (Heb 1:1-2)

“He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Matt 11:15)

“Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists?
    who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth?
    what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell? 5 Every word of God
    is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto
    his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
    ” (Prov 30:4-6)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Yes God has spoken to us through His Son Jesus Christ.

The Son was known prophetically in Proverbs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Yes the Spirit of the Father and the Son created.

ps 104.30

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Yes the Spirit of the Father and the Son created.

ps 104.30

No Nick,
    Please consider this post carefully:

The Spirit of the father (Psalm 104.30) created
    through Jesus (prophetic) death on a cross (Rev.13:8).

Don’t simply just dismiss this.
    “If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.” (Mark 4:23)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

You say

‘The Spirit of the Father created through Jesus (prophetic) death on a cross’

The KJV version of Rev 13.8 is poorly understood and has to be read with Rev 17.8 for clarity.

Ed J
    Participant

Yes Nick; that is correct, they go together.

Ed J
    Participant

The KJV version of Rev 13.8 is poorly understood and has to be read with Rev 17.8 for clarity

Hi Nick,

It is to be understood that Rev 23:8 and Rev 17:8 are connected

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

There is no rev 23.8.

.??

Ed J
    Participant

Rev 13:8 sorry

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You wrote:

Yes the Spirit of God in Christ is the Spirit of Christ.

But God does not worship himself or pray to himself or serve himself.

Me:

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Yea, of course God does not worship, pray, or serve himself. Christ, along with the church worships and prays to God.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit (the holy spirit) of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Ezk 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Abba (father in a tender endearment form)

http://biblehub.com/greek/5.htm

Me;

The Messiah, along with the church, worship God with one mind (Phil 2:5) and heart.

1 John 4:6 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Me: The spirit of God comes to us through the Messiah into our hearts formed as one with the Messiah’s heart. We obey God because we have the spirit of love in our hearts.

You:

These things are done by the spirit as Rom 8, Eph 2, 1Cor 12 etc tell us.

It is the spirit of the son in us that calls out ABBA FATHER as in Galations.

Me: It is the spirit of the son (spirit of God) that flows from the heart of Christ that calls out ABBA FATHER.  It is God’s love in our hearts that we call out ABBA father because we bond with him with the spirit of love from him.

Edj wrote:

Not so Nick,

One is the spirit of the son (Spirit of Christ) and the other is the spirit of the Father (the Holy Spirit).

“And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.” (Gal 4:6)

“Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?” (Heb 12:9).

Me:

I disagree with your exegeses.   It is the holy spirit that gives both Christ and his sons the power to be his sons through the spirit of love he gives sons. There is only one spirit in the end.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You wrote:

“The dead we are baptized for are the beast”

Presumptuous and not written.

Both men and animals are creatures. We should not make presumptions about animals.

Me: Every man works out his own salvation.

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Matt 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

Me: We cannot be baptized for our fellow man that is ungodly. The only other thing is the creatures that man has dominion over. When man sinned, death passed on to the entire creation, because all are of one breath or life force. When man is to be redeemed, the whole creation will be redeemed also and all will be in all. Every creature will worship God because all will be of the one holy spirit. I have shown you the verses that support this.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You wrote;

Again you fear that the anointing Spirit of Christ is the spirit of the man Jesus.

No so.

Me:

Never wrote such a thing. The holy spirit is the anointing spirit, Tell me what page and date and time I wrote such things.

You: He was not anointed before he was anointed.

Me: Christ was anointed to be the savior before he was born (Rev 13:8, John 17:5, Isa 7:14, Matt 1:23).

Hi Nick,

“Paul dies daily with his spirit”

Your added words to scripture-not wise.

Me:

“Paul dies daily to his human heart and spirit within his mind”.

Romans 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Acts 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Me:

The passions of the flesh is of the mind and heart is revealed in the spirit.

1 Cor 15:31 (affirm) by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

What do you think Paul is dying daily of?   It is to self (Acts 8:34 above)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC…Another good post brother, yes we are to die daily to our flesh, and live to the spirit of God.

Whosoever ever shall save “his life” shall lose it, whosoever shall lose “his life” shall save it.
    He that hates not his mother, sister, brother, and “his life”, also, can not be my deciple.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC….I think you and Nick are saying the same thing, we know the spirit of the CHRIST (anointing), is the anointing Spirit of God, which we also have recieved from the FATHER, and now are Sons of God, the same way Jesus, IS A SON OF GOD ALSO. Same Spirit from the Same God who is our heavenly Father in us all by his Spirit that abides in us.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tc.

You say that Christ was anointed to be the Saviour before he was born.

Then you quote prophetic words in support of this idea?

The man Jesus was MADE both Lord and Christ.

Acts 2.36

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,

both Lord and CHRIST.

He was not a man before he was conceived. He was not called Jesus till after his birth. He was not anointed till the Jordan.

Do you not accept the prophetic word speaks of the future?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

You say

‘ Paul dies daily to his human heart and spirit within his mind.’

Scripture does not say the human heart and spirit is in the mind. You do.

‘If any man wants to be my disciple let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me.’

’I must decrease. He must increase’

The spirit of man gives him life and returns to God at death.

The body rots but the salvation of the soul is the plan.

The carnal mind must be spiritually renewed .

The seed of the word does the work.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Nick:

You wrote:

The prophets were already alive in the anointing spirit before their deaths. 1 Peter 1:11

Me: True.

Nick

They need to be anointed again?

Me: No. I can’t figure out where I said anything like that. Could you quote me; please include the date and page number. The same holy spirit in the reference prophets in 1 Peter 1:11 was always in all the saints and prophets. It is called the spirit of Christ when referring to the holy spirit in Christ, and Christ in the holy spirit.  But it is the same holy spirit.

John 10:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me…20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Me:

The holy spirit is the conduit that joins everyone’s minds together.

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ (holy spirit) which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,

In post 4832067 on 6 July you said that the prophets of old were baptised in the Spirit after the resurrection of Christ.

Do the anointed need anointing and is is written?

In another post you said the souls of the saved were in heaven.

The only mention of souls in heaven is in revelation when souls are said to be under the altar.

It is a popular misconception that anyone goes to the habitation of God and His son before the judgement.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC….go to ‘truth-or-tradition “, look up what JODI wrote there, and see what you think.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account