BB Code Examples

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

@mikeboll64

Actually if you take a look at the previous page, you can see that your incorrect formatted list stuffs up the formatting for the posts that come after it. I can fix that by deleting the list or editing it correctly, but will leave it for now so you can see it.

Your code is:

<li>apples
    oranges
    pears
    tangerines</li>

But should be at least:

<li>apples</li>
    <li>oranges</li>
    <li>pears</li>
    <li>tangerines</li>

But appears to cause this problem if not wrapped in

<ul>
    </ul>

or 

<ol>
    </ol>
    seekingtruth
    Participant

@T8

The end tag is not red but [/color]

Also, when the bbcode tags are not nested correctly, they stop working and output as text.

When I posted it, it had the proper tag front and back but once it posted the front one disappeared but the last appeared as seen above

Wm

Proclaimer
    Participant

Okay, not sure what caused that. But there might have been an overlap of tags. BB Code is pretty fickle. Generally, it requires an open tag followed by a closing tag, before starting another one. Also can’t handle spaces.

seekingtruth
    Participant

try
    try
    try
    try
    trying to reproduce the problem (it happened twice before)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wm,

THAT’S exactly what’s been happening to me on the blog posts. Some of it works like it should, then all of a sudden – even though I did the tags the same way I’ve been doing them on the old site for 4 years – it does what you described.

Crazy how it works sometimes, but not always. 🙂

mikeboll64
    Blocked

@t8

Ah, I think I have figured out your conundrum. It could be either of these explanations.

When I clicked on one of the latest post (date links) it took me to the reply box. But just above it was a small post and the browser had in reality jumped to the post, but because it was small, it naturally showed the reply box underneath. Had the post been big enough, then the browser window would only show the post.
    Some latest links take you to the beginning of a topic and not the last post in that topic. This is because the last post in that topic was from the old forum and consequently it lacks the last post marker to jump to. In time this problem will disappear as new posts are made in each forum. I guess once a post is made in each forum, then the latest post will naturally jump to the last post because these posts would have been created in the new forum with the latest post marker.

I’m talking about the right of the main page, where it says “Recent Comments” (or something like that). The most recent one listed is Wakeup, on the “Baptized Trinity” blog. (In fact, it seems all of the “Recent Comments” only regard blogs, and not the forums.)

But go and click on that most recent link………. and tell me what happens. I’m about to go do it again right now.

(Also, notice that you had a #1 and a #2 in the post I just quoted. But those numbers didn’t show up in the quote box above.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay, I think I know what happened. I just clicked on the link associated with Wakeup’s latest comment. If you WAIT – without clicking anything – it will take you directly to that comment……… after all the ads are done loading. Perhaps the first time, I clicked on the page – to get my scrolling going – before the ads were done loading, and so I ended up at the main blog – right where I had clicked on the page.

But are you ready for some more bitchin? 🙂

What if four other people posted comments after Wakeup? Who’s ever going to find his VERY RECENT comment in the middle of the “Reply Box” associated with a May 6th post? I mean, if I wasn’t on the site today, chances are I would never even know Wakeup made that VERY RECENT comment, because other comments would have taken over the 4 “Newest Comments” list, and I wouldn’t think to scroll through the entire blog to find his VERY RECENT comment somewhere lost in the middle of the whole thing. I think that’s a very WEIRD way of doing it. But no matter, because I will just avoid the blog format threads (or whatever you call them for blogs), and focus on the forum. 🙂 That is, after all, why I discontinued posting on the new site a few months back…….. and returned solely to the old forum. Remember?

Now, another thing: The “Latest Comments” are only associated with “Blog Threads”. When we post on a forum, there is nothing on that first page to tell us anyone has recently responded to any forum thread. You have a box that lists recent forum threads, but nothing that lists new forum POSTS.

Btw, I DO like the fact that you can have a log of an edited post, or choose not to have that log show up on your post. 🙂

seekingtruth
    Participant

@mikeboll64
    THAT’S exactly what’s been happening to me on the blog posts. Some of it works like it should, then all of a sudden – even though I did the tags the same way I’ve been doing them on the old site for 4 years – it does what you described.

Yeah I tried to reproduce it by; changing order, adding spaces, but it worked right each time, go figure

BTW thanks for the advise on adding color to my signature

Proclaimer
    Participant

@mikeboll64

I’m talking about the right of the main page, where it says “Recent Comments” (or something like that). The most recent one listed is Wakeup, on the “Baptized Trinity” blog. (In fact, it seems all of the “Recent Comments” only regard blogs, and not the forums.)

Oh I understand now. Yes comments and posts have nothing to do with the forums and everything to do with the blogs. They were there before the forum merger, so nothing has changed in this respect.

Under that there is a widget that says LATEST FORUM TOPICS and that is where the latest topics appear. I use to have LATEST FORUM POSTS too, but for some reason that broke the page so I removed it. I will try and implement that again.

If you bookmark this page:
    https://heavennet.net/forums/
    then you never have to see the other part of the site and you get no ads too. Just the forum like before.

🙂

Proclaimer
    Participant

@mikeboll64

(Also, notice that you had a #1 and a #2 in the post I just quoted. But those numbers didn’t show up in the quote box above.)

I guess that blockquote strips out HTML and formats the text uniformly. Probably not a bad thing. Keeps it tidy.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@mikeboll64

I managed to get the Latest Forum Posts widget to load in the right hand column. It is nearer the top of the page compared with Blog comments etc, so you can’t miss it. It is set to show the last 10 forum posts.

Thanks for your input so far. It helps me make this more user friendly.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@mikeboll64

Go here:

BB Code Examples

Then select the text in the quote. It is there. The font is the same colour as the background, that is all.

🙂

mikeboll64
    Blocked

@t8,
    That’s weird how the text ended up the same color as the background!

I think the site is excellent now. The page you told me to bookmark didn’t show the latest forum comments, so I’ll stick to opening up to the main page. That way, I can keep up with the blogs too, and maybe add a comment now and then.

I sincerely thank you for all the time and effort you have put into making the site great, and accommodating our concerns.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Cool. I will continue to make improvements. This is the big advantage of this platform. I have access to thousands of plugins/code written by others that I can implement.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@mikeboll64
    I fixed the BB Code quote tag, so it now shows as black text. You can use [ quote] [ /quote] now too.
    (NOTE: Spaces in code example intentional so as to render it).

Proclaimer
    Participant

Testing the bbcode quote tag below:

@Mikeboll64
    said:

That’s weird how the text ended up the same color as the background!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Text looks a little big. Might make it smaller.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

@t8 said:

I fixed the BB Code quote tag, so it now shows as black text. You can use [ quote] [ /quote] now too.

Sure enough! 🙂 I don’t have a preference on the text size. I don’t mind the way it is, since my eyes are old. But it did seem smaller on the old site. Your call………. 🙂

journey42
    Participant

Hi everyone.

It appears that this site now is only for those who know what you guys are talking about.

I’m trying to follow but I have no idea what it is you guys are doing.  I even had no idea how to do some of that stuff before on the old site, but I managed the basics at least.

Do I have to do a course?  or is there a section here for dummies?  Don’t presume we all know what you guys are talking about, even if it’s basic to you.

To me it’s all double dutch….. because even when it’s explained, is still confusing to me.

Camillia
    Participant

Hi. Whenever I send my post it shows up with </span> added all through it?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account