Anyone who says 'Eigo Eimi' is claiming to be Almighty God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jael
    Participant

I’ve always been curious as to why it is said that Jesus never spoke the name of God (‘YHWH’).

What I do notice though is that trinitarians, as always, both claim and counter-claim the theory.

Yes, they say that Jesus said, ‘I am’ – which they claim is God’s name!!! However, we know that the true and only God of the Jews is not named ‘I am’… ‘I am’ is in fact just the MEANING of the NAME Hebrew word ‘YHWH’. Please notice that trinitarians emphasise the name as ‘I AM’ when referring to the meaning of ‘YHWH’ but write it as ‘I am’ when the same GREEK equivalent (‘Eigo Eimi’) is used for the more formal usage of the verb ‘To be’ – something suspicious there!!

Jesus didn’t speak Greek to the Jews… Jesus didn’t say, ‘Eigo Eimi’ but rather the equivalent in the language of the people : Aramaic.

Now, I want you to notice that no trinitarian I ever met debated on the ARAMAIC linguistics of Jesus’ words… Nonetheless, we find ‘Eigo Eimi’ all over the New Testament yet it is ONLY when Jesus is claimed to have used it IN ANY WAY (even when Jesus himself declares himself as a MAN (John 8:40)) that it suddenly becomes Almighty God’s personal name. Funny that, since Jesus EMPHATICALLY declares that he is ‘The SON of Almighty God’… And, trinitarians themselves then claim that Jesus was saying he is EQUAL to Almighty God!!

Now please excuse my understanding of language (and English in particular) but am I to understand that trinitarians believe that being EQUAL to someone (in what way?) means being THAT PERSON being equalled with? If Donald Trump could run as fast as Usain Bolt then DT WOULD BE UB?

Oh, one last intro point: where does the trinitarian version of the New Testament scriptures call their third god, ‘I am’ (or even ‘I AM’!)?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jael,

Of course the Words that Jesus spoke were from the Spirit within him.

They are spirit and life.

Bread.

tigger
    Participant

The words ego eimi formed a phrase that was in very common use by first century Christians and Jews and in New Testament scriptures. It was certainly not understood (by Jews or Christians) as declaring one’s Godhood! If it could have been understood that way, we can be sure the Jews would have never applied it to themselves (as they did so frequently)!

Notice, for example, how the former blind man (John 9:9) actually identifies himself by saying “ego eimi,” but none of the other Jews present, even for a moment, understood him to be claiming to be Jehovah!

From my study: http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-am-part-1.html

Jael
    Participant

Tigger, thank you for raising the point about the blind man. It is exactly one that I put to trinitarians but they simply refuse to engage on that issue – I believe it is because they realise the sheer stupidity of the traditional trinitarian fallacy that Jesus was claiming to be almighty God simply by saying ‘I am’ to the Jews and ‘I am…’ seven times in the beatitudes. How silly they must feel but nonetheless remain steadfast by fear of their leaders.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account