Addiction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

To those who who expressed advice from their compassion,

Thank you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Lightenup………Sorry for the mistake, yes i was addressing it to Grasshopper.

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…….I hope and pray your son will be ok, brother.

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Grasshopper and T8,

May God grant healing to each of your sons in the way they need most.

Kerwin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Your family is in my prayers.

Proclaimer
    Participant

IT IS ESENTIAL YOU GET Sebastian away from whats influencing him, his so-called friends are a big part of the poblem. They will continually drag him back into his sinful condition, drugs destroy not only the mind butthe body also

Totally agree. When I was younger and in self-destruction mode, it was totally repenting of my way of life that helped keep me on the straight and narrow. I gave up all my old friends who would have no doubt dragged me back down. It was really hard, but very rewarding as God replaced my old desires with his his joy and and a desire to please him. I am so glad I stuck with that decision. I am still aware even now how the flesh and old way of life could drag me back down. I try not to give it a chance and am also learning to cast down imaginations that are set against the truth, righteousness, and wisdom of God.

🙂

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for your prayers everyone. I really appreciate them. Saw my son today and he is his normal perky self. He had a scan last night, and no problems there which is a relief. He will be dispatch from hospital this evening. So I am confident that all is good and nothing to worry about here.

We did get to meet a lady who is dying of cancer and she has a two year old. My wife is the one talking to her. Please pray for her that God’s will is done in her life and that my wife may speak words to her that she may need to hear.

🙂

princess
    Participant

How our hearts ache when someone we love are hurting. The feeling of what to do is somewhat difficult to handle at times.

I’ve experienced the same grasshopper. My fear was waiting for the phone call that my daughter was dead. Not something you like having in your thoughts constantly. I work with an recovery advocate he says sometimes it takes dramatic measures for change. Even changes in our selves to help the ones we love. hardest thing was holding her accountable for her behaviour. It was a long path to take for her to learn to live again. She had to deal with a few matters afterwards but it comes with the territory. One day at time, sometimes it is one breathe at a time. She found a wonderful man and they married. Total count of children 6 and they want more. When I watch them I just keep a head count. She was raised Christian and has chosen to stay with it and praises God everyday for her life. So you can imagine the trouble I get in with the children.

Grasshopper You need a support group for parents that experienced the same as you. When you need advice or just to know that you can be surrounded by others that understand the hurt pain shame that you go through. Please it will help.

May your and your family’s healing be strong and steady!

princess
    Participant

@t8

Awesome to hear! Tough kid. Must take after his mother. Haha!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Recognise and cast down the idols in your heart.

Addictions are their fruit.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

This is true but it is harder to drive out Satan than to tell someone else to drive him out.  How do you  lift a finger to aid those who seek to drive him out?

Lightenup
    Participant

@kerwin

Hi kerwin, today while at church I was thinking about you and your struggles. The church I attend is big on the members having an accountability group where you can openly share your struggles and ask for help and accountability to fight your temptations. Men meet with other men and women meet with other women. Are you a part of such a group? The Bible says that people that do not have those same struggles or overcame them can help restore you.

Matt 7
    …first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

Miia
    Participant

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

To whomever is concerned,

I find being a slave of the desires of the flesh is a great pain. I am told that the way out is through faith in Jesus Christ. Any other way is incomplete.

In my mind I want to be free but yet my flesh drives me to do what my society and my God tell me what is wrong. I pray but it often seems my prayers fall on deaf ears because I remain a slave to the desires of the flesh. I can make excuses for my behaviors, confess my behaviors, or take medicines and yet they remain.

Is there a way to truly overcome and what is it?

Kerwin, it depends what the temptations are, we all have to fight temptations of the flesh but our hope our treasure needs be in heaven and then the cares of the world will fall away. my advice is to fight temptations as if fighting satan himself. do not give in to the temptations, but fight it as you would a boxer spiritually. say ‘no’. we all struggle kerwin.

BTW this is camillia.

</div>

Miia
    Participant

Grasshopper my ex went to a rehab out of town for three months and made a lot of changes and remained sober pretty much ever since apart from one or two slipups. I also had a close friend who changed his whole life around through quitting drug and alcohol, and became a therapist/ councilor for drug and alcohol addicts himself. May help your son.

kerwin
    Participant

Mia,

In my experience I find any temptation I choose to give into may become an addiction.  I do not know if that is true for all or it is just part of my nature.

kerwin
    Participant

Lightenup,

My family serves as an accountability group.  It is also my attitude and whether I choose to be receptive or no at the time.

Miia
    Participant

In my experience I find any temptation I choose to give into may become an addiction.  I do not know if that is true for all or it is just part of my nature.

Kerwin, I think some people have an addictive nature.

then again, some peoples addictions are obvious such as alcohol and drugs, where others addictions are not so obvious such as friends and shopping. The key is finding the solution to overcome our known addictions. question is, what is the solution.  I have a friend who quit drug dependance through prayer, she couldn’t quit so gave to God to deal with, and it worked. We need to have faith for that to work.

Miia
    Participant

My family serves as an accountability group

🙂 same.

kerwin
    Participant

miia,

I have a friend who quit drug dependance through prayer, she couldn’t quit so gave to God to deal with, and it worked. We need to have faith for that to work.

I agree but I find it more difficult  to do though I pray.   It seems there is more to giving it to God than saying the words.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.

Once you are established in Jesus Christ of water and the Spirit you can resist satan and he will flee from you.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account