About

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Admin Admin 
    Keymaster
    • Topics started 83
    • Total replies 1,245

Heaven Net is a resource for the Church which is the Body of Christ.

Vision

The vision for the site is to help search all things to see if they are true. It is also about sharing the things that God puts in our hearts. The result is writings that often challenge and even offend those who adhere to man-made traditions. Subjects that are tackled are not often discussed by believers and so this site provides a platform to talk about such things openly and honestly. All writings and blogs are also open to scrutiny via the comment system and further discussion in the Forum.

Donate

If you wish to financially support his ministry/site, please go here.

The old site

An older version of this website  first went online in 1999 and still exists. But the pages mostly forward to the equivalent page on this site. There is still content there however as not all content has migrated over yet.

This new site

There are a number of  reasons for creating this new version of the Heaven Net site.

1. Most people who visit the site are from North America. The old site was running off a New Zealand domain address as I am from New Zealand and the old domain address didn’t reflect this audience demographic. The new address is a TLD, (Top Level Domain) not a ccTLD (country code Top Level Domain). The new TLD is more suitable for an international audience.
    2. The old site was hand-written in HTML with CSS, and some JavaScript. This construct was becoming tiresome to manage and so the new site was created using a popular content management system (CMS). This CMS is rich in features and includes a blog, a commenting system, widgets, and is easy to update and maintain. In addition, this CMS is continually offering new features which I can take advantage of. So the site can grow with new features when they become available. This gives me more time on the content rather than managing site updates and code.
    3. I have copied over popular writings from the old site and they are now featured here. The focus going forward is to add new original writing on a regular basis.

Who am I?

I am the author and programmer for this site. I do not belong to any denomination but consider myself free to fellowship with any true Believer regardless of their denomination. God has put on my heart the burden of seeing people serve the one true God and the one whom he sent, that is Jesus Christ. I also have a heart for the Church and desire to see her free from the tyranny of religious bondage, false teaching, traditions, denominational thinking, and luke-warmness. I desire to see the Church reach her potential as being the light of this world and one in unity and truth with God and his son Jesus Christ in order that the world may see a true witness of the love and mercy of God.

Copyright

To learn about how to use any of the content in this site, please see our Copyright page or alternatively  contact us.

Contact

If you wish to contact me, you can do so by registering for the site and PMing me or discuss things publicly with me in the forums. I removed the old Contact Form as I use to get a lot of emails and spent too much time replying to them. Once you are registered, you can make a comment below this page or any other appropriate page. Alternatively, you can introduce yourself in the forums as I spend quite a bit of time there discussing topics at length.

The Register Link is at the top-right of the page. You can also log in immediately if you are logged into Facebook.

Tammy Neely
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 0

Thank you for this teaching. I know you have been lead by The Holy Spirit to this ministry. The information you have here has enriched and blessed me. May the Lord continue to keep you in perfect peace. I pray a special blessing for and your family as you continue on your journey for Christ. If no one else has been blessed know I have been. I am truly grateful.

Keymaster
    • Topics started 83
    • Total replies 1,245

Awesome. Thanks for the encouragement. May God continue to lead you.

kebede
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 0

But to say that Jesus is God is to really say that Jesus is the Father and this view is clearly not taught in scripture.
    as you explain above we can’t say jesus is God or Father But as scripture explain we can say Jesus is The only Lord And Father
    Page Options

<<

>>

Show resources
    Add parallel
    John 8:24-28

King James Version (KJV)

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
    no. 27 says (They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. ) you did not understand who is Jesus

monique_timmons
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 0

Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

Keymaster
    • Topics started 83
    • Total replies 1,245

Much appreciated. 🙂

Profile photo of Al Baker Al Baker 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 1

New to the site.  My apologies if these comments are in the wrong place.  I tried using the e-mail icon, but it does not provide a TO: address.

My comments are on the page about Constantine and The Apostasy.  There are numerous incorrect points of data about Constantine and his rule, etc.  The one that led me to this site is that he “led an army of Christians” to N.Africa to deal with the Donatist crisis.  This unfortunately comes from some errors in the text of Justo Gonzalez.  Here are my comments on Dr. Gonzalez:  “Gonzalez earned his Ph.D. in theology. Just let it be said that I would never attempt to write a text on theology….Gonzalez really should not be authoring texts on Church History. [This example and his poor choice for the “black dwarf” quote on Athanasius give evidence for my harsh view of his inexperience in church history.]

Secondly, he is citing from a text first published in 1903. I found Souttar’s text on an archive site and Gonzalez did cite him correctly. So, I guess we can release Gonzalez from error. <b>No! As a scholar he is responsible for whatever he cites.</b> Souttar, as far as I can tell, does not give any primary source for his commentary on the Donatists…”

I would urge you and your readers to read my article on this particular incident [www.churchhistory101.com/feedback/constantine-against-donatists.php].  I have dedicated the last three years to the study of Constantine as I am writing an eBook on him.  My Ph.D. is in Early Church History from the Church in Acts through the Nicean Council, now through Emperor Constantine.

Another error is regarding the arch erected to honor Constantine’s victory at the Milvian Bridge.  It is true that this monument did not contain overtly Christian symbols, but it was not built by Constantine.  The Roman Senate commissioned it as a surprise and for a salute to Constantine’s victory.   When he came to Rome for his triumphal entry, however, Constantine did not go to the pagan temple of Apollos (I believe it was Apollos) as was customary.  Instead he went directly to a Christian Church with the bishops who were traveling with him to worship the God of Jesus the Christ who (Constantine believed) had given him the victory.  It is noted that this was his first act that put him at odds with the Senate.

You did note that you had collected your info from Google searches.  May I suggest that you use web sites  written by scholars – it will keep errors like this from getting replicated.  Obviously I like to suggest Church History 101.

Thank you.
    Al Baker, Ph.D.
    churchhistory101.com

Profile photo of Richard of Decatur Richard of Decatur 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 25

Interesting that you have not posted your ‘given’ name, or information about yourself, at least as far as I have found. I am using a pseudonym, Richard of Decatur, that is simply my first name and the city where I was born. This is how individuals in the New Testament were named and that seems like a good idea.
    I am just beginning to read various portions of your website.
    I too am a searcher of truth and what I find is far from most church organizations statements of beliefs.
    There are a few things that I have read that cause me concern. I am not sure at times what you are really saying. What I do understand seems to be very astute and true to the Word of God.
    I pray that God will continue to inspire and guide your understanding of His Word unfettered by traditions and misinterpretations from institutional thinking.
    I look forward to finding more nuggets of truth in your writings.

Profile photo of Richard of Decatur Richard of Decatur 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 25

I tried the envelop at the bottom of this page and it sent me to ‘I don’t know where’ and I was not able to contact you. Can you help me find a way that I can understand and use such as an email address?
    Anyway, I would really like to communicate with you as I think we are on the same path to understanding the Truth of God. I would be very interested in your thoughts about my website “Biblesafety.com” and I think you would find similar articles to those you have posted. I must say the way you present what you understand is excellent.
    I am gaining respect for your insight into the truths of God and hope you can spare some of your time to point out scriptures that I have overlooked.

Keymaster
    • Topics started 83
    • Total replies 1,245

Gidday. I am the person who set up this website and who writes the articles and posts for the site. I am using the ‘Admin’ for Admin purposes, but use t8 ( @t8 ) as the ID for making posts.

I am from New Zealand and have been a Believer since the mid 1980s. God has given me a ministry that seeks for the truth in all things. It is a passion in my heart and something that I should act upon lest I be like the servant who buried his talent. I do not belong to any denomination, but then my views on what the Church is, does not have anything to do with a denomination. anyway. I am free to fellowship with anyone from any denomination however. I do not have an exclusive view here.

I look forward to conversing under the ID of  ‘t8’ as that user role is the same as the other members in the forum.

🙂

Keymaster
    • Topics started 83
    • Total replies 1,245

Not sure what email icon you are talking about. Perhaps you clicked the up arrow which shoots you to the top of the page. I updated my contact details in the opening post as there is no longer a Contact Form in the site. I explain why that is in the opening post which I just edited.

🙂

Profile photo of WorshippingJesus WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,309

Hey everyone! How is everyone at Heavennet? Just dropping by and checking out things. My wife and I are doing well. Just moved back to our home here in NC. I noticed in the debate thread t8 and LU have been debating for going on 4 years about Jesus being God. Was reading a lot of it and it looks like a really good debate. I compliment them both on the nature of the debate being free from ad-hominems and battering each other. Love you guys and hope you all are doing well. Hope to drop in from time to time. I see NH is back and was wondering if Mike is still around? Take care! Blessings to you all!

Profile photo of Lightenup Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 61
    • Total replies 9,894

@WorshippingJesus

Hi Keith,

Nice to hear that you and your wife are doing well and back home by your family. Thank you for the nice compliment towards the debate between t8 and myself. It may be about 4 years long but it has been months since I posted on there. That is a nice thing about a one on one conversation, it can be picked up on where we leave off without having it become lost in a common thread. Come back and stay for a while 🙂

Blessings,

LU

Profile photo of kerwin kerwin 
    Blocked
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

WorhippingJesus,

Hello, glad to hear things are going well.
    Mike peeked in to see what was going on a short while ago.

Keymaster
    • Topics started 83
    • Total replies 1,245

Hi WJ.

I hope all continues to be good. Be well and keep the faith.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2017 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account