2 Commandments, in Which Way do YOU Love Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

You offer us OT commandments though they were given to the Jews and are not directly applicable to us gentiles as Romans  3.19 shows.

Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law…

They certainly still exist for those who choose to submit themselves to the Law but it demands perfection, and we have a better way in Christ Jesus.

Jesus, who was sent to the lost sheep of Israel, clarified this in Matt 19.16f when he spoke with the rich Jewish man.

Having claimed to have followed the demands of the Law the man is pointed towards the kingdom.

‘Come follow me ‘

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Is it OK to rely on our own deductions from what is written?

Are they just as good as what is written?

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Luke 14

26“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. 27“Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

After reading that, Nick, do you think that you are following Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

The previous quote you gave about family (matt 10.37) clarified this verse.

You see how much he demands of our commitment?

Can you judge the walk of others?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU….Your accusatory accusations of me being arogrant, why, because i disagree with you, is an insult to me, and i don’t see any love from that do you?

I addressed you question on what love was. You mever commented on that just jumpted to accusing me of being arogrant. You gave scripture showing what love does, i told you love for God and love for you neighbor was what the “whole law and prophets hingened on, so i ask you which hinge of a door is more inportant?, i said are they both not the same.

Infact the answer about what love is is wrong, showing what love “does” is not the same as knowing what love ACTUALLY “IS”, LOVE IS THE OPPISITE OF HATE, YOU REJECT WHAT YOU HATE, YOU HOLD ON TO WHAT YOU LOVE. LOVE simply means what you keep or hold on to.

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that is saying God wanted to hold on to this world and whats in it.

HATE is just the oppisite, it’s what you want to get rid of. We are to love the good, hate the evil.

Therefore Jesus say whosoever does not hate his brother his sister his mother and his “LIFE ALSO”, can not be my deciple. Did he say hate yourself, your mother, your brother, your sister? NO HE DID NOT SAY THAT, WHAT HE meant their and our “LIVES”,the way we live, He was not saying hate them, themselves.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

I asked you this, I didn’t answer it for you.

“After reading that, Nick, do you think that you are following Jesus?”

Why don’t you answer that for me?

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene, I didn’t suggest you were arrogant, I proved it. I told you that it was NOT because you disagree with me but your last post proves that you didn’t comprehend that I said that. Then I explained why I discerned that you were. Go back and read it. That is a ministry of reproof, Gene, meant to strengthen you if you are wise. Let it strengthen you. Choose the way of love in your speech.

I showed you what love IS…love IS patient, love is kind…and so on. Yet you say I didn’t show you what love IS. Reread!

you said:

Therefore Jesus say whosoever does not hate his brother his sister his mother and his “LIFE ALSO”, can not be my deciple. Did he say hate yourself, your mother, your brother, your sister? NO HE DID NOT SAY THAT, WHAT HE meant their and our “LIVES”,the way we live, He was not saying hate them, themselves.

I disagree. He did say that if you don’t hate your mother and father, son and daughter, you can’t be my disciple but you disagree. We know from other passages that Jesus wants us to love others as ourselves so what He means by the ‘hate’ is that Jesus wants a higher devotion from you than you have for your family if you want to be His disciple. Which, btw, should tell you that He is not equal to your brother but that is how you think of Him. He is deserving of the blessing and the honor and the glory and the dominion forever and ever along with His Father (not along with your earthly brothers). Rev 5.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU….you couldn’t be more wrong, Jesus never meant that we are to hate anyone much less our mothers brothers, and sisters, or ourselves, even one of the commandments says that, “we are to “love” our neighbors AS OURSELVES”, no commandment say we are to “HATE” our neighbors as ourselves that i know of. JESUS was speaking of the life we and they live, not the person. That is why he said and his “LIFE” also” , he was addressing the “WAY” they and we live our lifes.

Notice he used the word “HATE”, why?, because you will let go of what you hate, an you will hold on to what you love. So yes we should hate our “own” lives, that it might die, how else will we give them up, if we don’t come to hate them.

Jesus said, “whosoever LOVES HIS life shall lose it, whosoever HATES HIS life shall save it”. Jesus was speaking about the way a person lives, not the person himself. Why hate, because you will give up what you hate, and you will hold on to what you love, Simple as that.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account