2 Commandments, in Which Way do YOU Love Jesus

This topic contains 127 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  GeneBalthrop 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
     Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,256

Gene,

you said:

Fact is you haven’t even given the meaning of the word love, do you even know it?

Does that statement that you wrote sound a bit arrogant to you Gene.? Go look at the OP, Gene and then you might want to rephrase that. Read it slowly, the whole first post. Does it say what love is NOT notice the word “arrogant”, Gene, does it say that love is NOT ARROGANT? What does it tell you about what love is AND IS NOT? It is this really great passage in the Bible, perhaps you have not read it ever. It is worthy of your time.

Does Jesus expect to be loved equally to your brothers, Gene? I think you are seriously mistaken!! Would you believe me if I told you that Jesus wants you to love Him MORE than your brothers?

As far as your question, Jesus didn’t need to present a sacrifice to be right before God His Father. He was without sin. Both the Father and the Son sacrificed in their own way to send:

the Shepherd (the Son) of the lost sheep

to become as a sheep (the Lamb)

in order to save the lost sheep.

The Shepherd became a sheep.

The lamb is actually your Shepherd.

Your brother is actually your LORD.

How cool is that, Gene!!!!

You are to love the Shepherd MORE than the sheep, Gene. If everybody was to be loved equally, there would only be ONE commandment.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,831

Hi LU,

Why do you call me LORD, LORD, and not do what I say?

Pronouncing love for the one who needs to be obeyed seems to put the cart before the horse.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,831

Hi LU,

Whatever you did for these brothers of mine you did for me.

Making pronouncements is not fruit.

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,256

Nick,

Do you live by those words here on HN? Would you answer Jesus the same way you talk to members here?

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,256

Nick,

Jesus has no need for our obedience without love. He desires our love, a love that is expressed in part by our obedience. Obedience doesn’t come before love for Him, Love comes first then out of love comes obedience if one is wise that is.

Ed J 
    Participant
    • Topics started 155
    • Total replies 27,909

Hi LU,

Whatever you did for these brothers of mine you did for me.

Making pronouncements is not fruit.

Hi Nick, keep up the good work brother!

“by their fruits ye shall know them” (Matt 7:20)

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,831

Hi LU,

You say Jesus desires our love?

Any scriptures or is this just your idea?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,831

Hi LU,

Love one another as I have loved you.

He loved unto death.

But we are his useless servants unless we, at least, obey his commands.

He needs to be able to rely on his body to work for him.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,213

LU….Again you avoided the question i ask you, who’s sacrifice was Jesus his or Gods, you said i guess, you believe both I think, “WRONG”, while JESUS PUT HIS WILL TO DEATH, in obedience to GOD the Father, through the spirit of God that was “in” him, he himself was “NOT” the sacrificer, that saved the world, why? Because it was God the Father that gave the death sentence to all souls that sin, IN THE FIRST PLACE, not Jesus, and it was God the Fathers sacrifice of his Lamb, for the forgiveness and removal of that penalty for sin, on all.

But my question is, “what” did GOD THE FATHER DO, BY OFFERING THE SACRIFICE OF HIS SINLESS LAMB “FOR” THOSE SINNERS?

WHAT were those Israelites doing when they offered up their sacrifices for their sins? Where they not taking RESPONSIBLITY FOR SINS, AND PAYING A PRICE FOR THEM?, AND WAS NOT GOD THE FATHER TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR “ALL” SIN, BY OFFERING UP HIS LAMB, JESUS, AND PAYING A PRICE FOR THEM, FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD.

Could God the Father have not prevented sin in the first place, buy perfecting man right off , like he did Jesus in the first place? Sin as a result of evil doing was a teaching tool, God used to teach us the difference between good and evil from the start, so he does take responsibility for it all, and therefore, just as he required those Israelites to pay a price for their sins, he also out of love for us, paid the price for “our” sin, by offering up HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON AS “HIS” LAMB, “SACRIFICE” FOR “all” SIN.

NOW THEREFORE ALL WHO EXCEPT THE FATHERS PAYMENT FOR THEIR SINS CAN HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. WHY?, Because it was God the Father himself that made the payment, that took away the ETERNAL DEATH PENALTY for our sins and not ours only but the sins of the entire world, as John said. Now there is hope for “all” humanity. Because God so loved the world that “HE” gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes on him (GOD) “SHOULD” not parish, but have EVERLASTING life. John 3:16

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,213

LU….By the way, Nick didn’t ask about ministries, he ask about “MIRACLES”. There is a difference right?

As far as love goes, AND YOU TRYING TO MAKE A DEFERENCE about the FIRST and Second, Jesus said unpon these “TWO” hing “ALL” THE LAW A COMMANDMENTS.

So which hing on a door is more important the upper or the lower, are they not “BOTH” EQUALLY IMPORTANT?

So now, because i disagree with you i am arrogant? Is that the way you view people who disagree with you. Jesus told us to have Salt in yourselves “and” have peace.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,256

Gene,

Isaiah 53 has a true perspective that can correct yours. Please take some time to read the chapter…take all the time you want.

10But the LORD was pleased
    To crush Him, putting Him to grief;
    If He would render Himself as a guilt offering,
                He will see His offspring,
                He will prolong His days,
                And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.

11As a result of the anguish of His soul,
                He will see it and be satisfied;
                By His knowledge the Righteous One,
                My Servant, will justify the many,
                As He will bear their iniquities.

12Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great,
    And He will divide the booty with the strong;
    Because He poured out Himself to death,
                And was numbered with the transgressors;
                Yet He Himself bore the sin of many,
                And interceded for the transgressors.

Look at just a couple of things that the “Servant” Jesus, the Son of God does just in these few verses:

He (the Son of God) rendered HIMSELF as a guilt offering, HE WHO WAS WITHOUT SIN DID THIS.

He (the Son of God) bears the iniquities of the world, not His own iniquities since He has none.

He (the Son of God) poured out HIMSELF to death.

He (the Son of God) intercedes for the guilty transgressors.

Gene, who paid the greater price for our sin? The Father or the Son?

Put it another way…who pays the greater price for our freedom that the USA has benefited from? The father who gives his son to be the actual soldier in harm’s way or the son who marches right to the front line of the battle, ready to fight for our freedom and die if need be, in order to defend the freedom which the USA has so abundantly received? To you it is the father who is the greater hero? The father will tell you himself that the praise goes to his son, the son is the hero. My daughter is dating a First Lieutenant in the US Army and I can tell you that he is a hero, he has protected his men by shielding them with his own body, and in many ways. It is not his father that is the hero in this war, it is his son. However the father should receive the glory that comes from having a son who is ready to die for people who don’t even support the war and who don’t appreciate the freedom they have to not support the war.

My answer stands…both gave.. It is the Son who paid the debt, it was not the Father who paid the debt. The Father received the payment. Sending the Son was not the payment, the Son’s love and willing, obedient life and death, that was the payment. The Father did not come as a sheep to die as an unblemished lamb, the Son did this. The Father sent His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON to be our hero, our redeemer, our saviour. The Father would not be able to be honored as God the “All in all” apart from His hero…His Son. It is not too late to repent from your denial of this.

Your problem is your disagreement with the truth, Gene. You need a mediator who tells the Father that He knows all of creation are like sheep that have gone astray but then the Son reminds the Father that all of the sheep’s iniquity was placed on Him and it is through His (the Son’s) life and death, their debt is paid. The Father received that payment. You Gene, must realize that it was the Son who paid your debt in order for your debt to be paid. It really is that simple. You are not asked to pay your debt, you aren’t able to. Isn’t that something to be eternally grateful for? The one who paid your debt tells you to take up your cross and follow him even to the point of denying your brothers that try to suggest another path. You are to follow Jesus above your brothers, not equal to your brothers. You are greatly mistaken in placing your love for Jesus as an equal love for your earthly brothers. Choose you this day who you will serve, Jesus or another brother? Would it not be Jesus? Does He not have a higher rank? Did your earthly brothers pay your debt also???

The Free ONE became a slave.

The Rich ONE became poor.

The Shepherd became a sheep.

It was the Free Son who became a slave, Gene, not the Father.

It was the Rich Son who became poor, Gene, not the Father.

It was the Shepherd Son who became the sheep, Gene, not the Father.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,831

Hi LU,

‘Jesus has no need for our obedience without love’

If you do not obey the Son then he does not know you.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you.

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,256

Hi Nick,

I didn’t say we aren’t to obey the Son.

Which is better:

1. Your son obeys you but doesn’t love you.

2. Your son loves you and therefore obeys you.

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,256

Gene,

you said:

So which hing on a door is more important the upper or the lower, are they not “BOTH” EQUALLY IMPORTANT?

No Gene, not according to Jesus. Read what He thinks about it:

Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment.

Did you read that Gene??? Jesus said the first commandment is the greatest which means that the second commandment is not equal to the first.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,831

Hi LU,

Stick with scripture.

Humanistic examples do not relate.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account