2 Commandments, in Which Way do YOU Love Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

The Body, united in Spirit comes together to meet physically.

1 Cor 14:26 What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Do you experience that ever? When was the last time you experienced that?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

you said: I have taken up my role in the Body.

What is your role in the Body? How can you be a sign post or a check point if you do not know what is going on and get involved? With presumption comes nothing but strife.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

My walk is not your concern is it?

The Lord does not need your help.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Luke 10:17,25-28 The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.”

I added verse 17 just because it is something that we may need in the near future and because it is an awesome verse!

Now the rest are the two prominent points of the Torah. The Torah is defined as “God’s teaching and instruction“.

Loving God and loving our neighbors as ourselves is the whole point of the Torah. Do we steal? No, because we don’t want anyone stealing from us (our neighbors as ourself). Do we murder? No, because we do not want anyone murdering us. This is an easy teaching to comprehend.

Loving God is something more difficult to grasp because it requires faith. If we believe that there was no God that created the world then why would we love something that doesn’t exist in our mind? However, if we believe that God did create all life then what kind of devotion would be too much!?

On a secondary level they are related. Why would I treat my neighbor like I wanted to be treated if I didn’t believe that there would be anyone to take account? Basically, if no one is looking – why not steal, why not murder? So faith is really the foundation of both teachings.

Is my love for Yeshua based on His creation of our world or on His teaching to be a good neighbor? Again, I have to say they are both related. If He only created and then became a taskmaster then why would I express any love? But that is not what happened. He was the Creator and He came and humbled Himself so that we could share in His glory! Is that worthy of love? What else could be compared to it?

I can only answer the OP question with another verse: I John 4:19 We love, because He first loved us.

Hey LU

Long time no see! How is my greatest challenge in debates, doing? You are tough and it is because you are strong and smarter than I! 🙂

Feel free to correct my English. I am trying to improve!

I like your angle. This brings into question fellowship with our God. How do you have fellowship with God unless you pray to him since he cannot be here in front of us in the flesh, though his Spirit is present? So if having fellowship with God means prayer, which is our only way to communicate to him then how do you have fellowship with Jesus without praying to him. Since we know it is idolatry to pray to anyone or anything other than God, then that means Jesus is God, or we cannot know him or fellowship with him apart from prayer. If Jesus is not God then all the ant-trinitarians are committing idolatry or they have no fellowship with him which would also mean they don’t know him.

Love in Christ Sister

Lightenup
    Participant

Thank you Dig4truth for responding to the OP. I’m not sure because you weren’t specific but I assume you see your call to love Jesus as you love the Lord your God. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I really appreciate your thoughtful response! Thanks again!!

LU

Lightenup
    Participant

Well hello WJ, how are you Keith? Nice to see you come by. You should stay awhile and show us what you have learned over the years as you have furthered your theological studies. You have caused us all to dig deeper into the word, including myself. Thank you for your kind words! I learned a lot from our challenging conversations.

I know you place your love for Jesus as a love for the Lord God. Refreshing!

Love back to you 🙂

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,

Is Jesus Christ is your Lord why would you think it idolatrous to communicate with him?

What Lord does not tell his servants what to do?

Jn 14.13

Whatever you ask in my name, that I will do, so that the Father May be glorified in the Son.

If you ask me anything in my name I will do it

It is all for the glory of His God.

Do you still have to work from theory?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

The Lord will use the members of His body to help bring people into the fold and/or encourage them and build them up spiritually and in truth. Don’t despise or neglect the questions or the concern.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Indeed they will perhaps get a chance to hear the word of salvation there.

But when it is dressed up in the theology of men the seed will likely be snatched away.

Death is the fruit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

If the fold is the church of the world how would they be helped?

‘Whatever plants My Father did not plant will be pulled out.’

NH, my oldest opponent! How are you?

Nick, I am glad you talk to your Lord in prayer! I don’t want to crash this thread by getting off topic. Are you Catholic? Do you also talk to Mary, or any of the other saints etc? If not why not? You seem to think prayer is not exclusive to God?

WJ

Edited for spelling errors.

LU

Amen Kathi! Jesus said “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.” Lk 10:27

We should have the same devotion and Love for Jesus and the Holy Spirit as the Father God! I don’t see how you can give the same devotion and Love to Jesus unless you see them as equal.

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

You are letting your fears keep you from searching for a church that teaches the Word of God. That spirit of fear is not from God. Who do you think wants to keep you out of church Nick? God or satan? Follow God. No church is perfect but some are much better than others. God can use imperfect churches. Look at their fruit and value that. We all see dimly now…some churches see more clearly than others but none that call Jesus “Lord” and the Son of God who came in the flesh, died and rose again for our salvation and  believe in the Word of God should be despised.  It will do you good!

Lightenup
    Participant

Agreed Keith!

John 5:22Furthermore, the Father judges no one, but has assigned all judgment to the Son, 23so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

LU,May wrote:

Can you choose boldly, right here, publicly, out in the open and in the light? Or are you not able to answer?

LU

I choose to Boldly say I love and Worship Jesus as I love and Worship the Father God! 🙂 My name should say it all!

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Yeah, you read the OP correctly! Thank you for your direct and bold response, Keith! That bold declaration is the evidence of being born again by the Spirit. Not many can confess that unfortunately. Your name does indeed say it all, haha.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,

No,

I came out of the whore of Babylon and her blasphemous insults to the God of Israel.

How about you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

You may try to follow God but following his Son is an easier task.

We do not have to suffer and die as he did, but only need to repent and be baptised in his name.

Then we can be given a share of the Spirit – having the Spirit is what defines the church, which humanism imitates.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Do you still need men to teach you the word of God?

That is a role that the Spirit is meant to have.

You cannot serve two masters.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account