2 Commandments, in Which Way do YOU Love Jesus

This topic contains 127 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  GeneBalthrop 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,302

Nick,

you said: Why would I look for a group of similar believers?

The body of Christ gathers together for encouraging one another and to learn about God’s Word and for taking communion, corporate worship and even discipline. Jesus went to the Synagogue on the Sabbath to gather with the Jews.

How can a toe not be with the foot or the finger with the hand or those parts not be with the rest of the body? You are detatched and that should tell you something. There is not a body that you are apart of, Nick. How can you belong to the body of Christ when you are detached? That is not spiritually healthy. I really don’t think you would find a group of similar believers and that is why you are not meeting with them.

Have you ever been a member of something but never showed up? That is NOT an active member. What good is being a non-active member of something.

You belong to a church of one?

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,302

Why not look for a group that are fellow members of the body you claim to be a part of? Isn’t that the point of being a member of a body of believers, so that they gather together to love, encourage and build one another up? Why is that even a question Nick? If you are a toe, you would benefit from the member who is the foot and the leg and the other parts. You are missing out on the importance of becoming united with like minded believers. Of course, you have to believe in the truth to find the true body of believers. I don’t know any denomination that claims your “truth” Nick so that should tell you something. God never meant the church to have one head and one member besides the head.

Hebrews 10:23Let us hold resolutely to the hope we confess, for He who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how to spur one another on to love and good deeds. 25Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.…

1 Cor 12:25But God has composed the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its members should have mutual concern for one another. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.…

How are you going to show mutual concern for one another when you are the only member of your church?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Indeed LU,

The Lord has it all in hand.

But the Body is not united by camaraderie but the Spirit.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi LU,

I have taken up my role in the Body.

Is it not enough for you?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi LU,

Powerless, ritualistic and political human religion does not appeal and it does not fit with the definition in James.

My faith is too precious to me to risk it being watered down by mixing it with man’s ideas.

Somebody has to be a signpost or a checkpoint on the way.

A stumbling stone for some perhaps?

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,302

Nick,

The Body, united in Spirit comes together to meet physically.

1 Cor 14:26 What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Do you experience that ever? When was the last time you experienced that?

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,302

Nick,

you said: I have taken up my role in the Body.

What is your role in the Body? How can you be a sign post or a check point if you do not know what is going on and get involved? With presumption comes nothing but strife.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi LU,

My walk is not your concern is it?

The Lord does not need your help.

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 358

Luke 10:17,25-28 The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.”

I added verse 17 just because it is something that we may need in the near future and because it is an awesome verse!

Now the rest are the two prominent points of the Torah. The Torah is defined as “God’s teaching and instruction“.

Loving God and loving our neighbors as ourselves is the whole point of the Torah. Do we steal? No, because we don’t want anyone stealing from us (our neighbors as ourself). Do we murder? No, because we do not want anyone murdering us. This is an easy teaching to comprehend.

Loving God is something more difficult to grasp because it requires faith. If we believe that there was no God that created the world then why would we love something that doesn’t exist in our mind? However, if we believe that God did create all life then what kind of devotion would be too much!?

On a secondary level they are related. Why would I treat my neighbor like I wanted to be treated if I didn’t believe that there would be anyone to take account? Basically, if no one is looking – why not steal, why not murder? So faith is really the foundation of both teachings.

Is my love for Yeshua based on His creation of our world or on His teaching to be a good neighbor? Again, I have to say they are both related. If He only created and then became a taskmaster then why would I express any love? But that is not what happened. He was the Creator and He came and humbled Himself so that we could share in His glory! Is that worthy of love? What else could be compared to it?

I can only answer the OP question with another verse: I John 4:19 We love, because He first loved us.

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Hey LU

Long time no see! How is my greatest challenge in debates, doing? You are tough and it is because you are strong and smarter than I! 🙂

Feel free to correct my English. I am trying to improve!

I like your angle. This brings into question fellowship with our God. How do you have fellowship with God unless you pray to him since he cannot be here in front of us in the flesh, though his Spirit is present? So if having fellowship with God means prayer, which is our only way to communicate to him then how do you have fellowship with Jesus without praying to him. Since we know it is idolatry to pray to anyone or anything other than God, then that means Jesus is God, or we cannot know him or fellowship with him apart from prayer. If Jesus is not God then all the ant-trinitarians are committing idolatry or they have no fellowship with him which would also mean they don’t know him.

Love in Christ Sister

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,302

Thank you Dig4truth for responding to the OP. I’m not sure because you weren’t specific but I assume you see your call to love Jesus as you love the Lord your God. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I really appreciate your thoughtful response! Thanks again!!

LU

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,302

Well hello WJ, how are you Keith? Nice to see you come by. You should stay awhile and show us what you have learned over the years as you have furthered your theological studies. You have caused us all to dig deeper into the word, including myself. Thank you for your kind words! I learned a lot from our challenging conversations.

I know you place your love for Jesus as a love for the Lord God. Refreshing!

Love back to you 🙂

LU

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi WJ,

Is Jesus Christ is your Lord why would you think it idolatrous to communicate with him?

What Lord does not tell his servants what to do?

Jn 14.13

Whatever you ask in my name, that I will do, so that the Father May be glorified in the Son.

If you ask me anything in my name I will do it

It is all for the glory of His God.

Do you still have to work from theory?

Lightenup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 63
    • Total replies 10,302

Nick,

The Lord will use the members of His body to help bring people into the fold and/or encourage them and build them up spiritually and in truth. Don’t despise or neglect the questions or the concern.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi LU,

Indeed they will perhaps get a chance to hear the word of salvation there.

But when it is dressed up in the theology of men the seed will likely be snatched away.

Death is the fruit.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account